Pokémon X and Y Fan Community
March 28, 2024, 02:55:22 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Home Help Search Arcade Gallery SHOUTBOX Staff List Calendar Members Login Register  

The Automobile Topic

Pages: 1 ... 30 31 [32] 33 34 ... 51
  Send this topic  |  Print  
Author Topic: The Automobile Topic  (Read 5584 times)
Sabotage99
Captain of the 10th Division
Malevolent Murkrow

Level: 22

View Profile
Badges: (View All)
« Reply #465 on: March 14, 2013, 10:11:03 pm »

knowing how rare it is to find a better quality integra with mileage like that, i'd buy it.

integras are a curse, sadly the only vtecs other than the S2K that I like.

Integras are super nostalgic to me, but i mean every single one on the market has been crashed into, crashed by an idiot, ruined by being transformed into a ricer, or otherwise.

I just wanted a stock Integra 4-door. And put the coupe's spoiler on it.

agree with this.
Report Spam   Logged

I SHALL KILL WITH MY CUTENESS. XD
Go be a golden pony and play with the silvery wolf in those plains.

Coyote Starrk
The Ultimate in Prescribed Drugs
Wrathful Whirlipede

Level: 8

Primera Espada

View Profile
« Reply #466 on: March 14, 2013, 10:37:57 pm »

y u no get a monte carlo? It's the same thing as an intengra but murikan and moar powah
Report Spam   Logged

Steel
Shellfish Pokémon
Gallant Gligar

Level: 43

カメックス

View Profile
« Reply #467 on: March 15, 2013, 12:14:34 am »

y u no get a monte carlo? It's the same thing as an intengra but murikan and moar powah
you answered that for me.

I've never liked the monte carlo, it's a two door lumina. It's a two door, front wheel drive, redneck grandma mobile. It's not even very american because you have to get the unrelible, 10-mpg 1988 crap box that you gotta dedicate your life to, if you want a v8.
It's not even 4 door, which was my point with the integra. it's not an integra, so it's not nostalgic to me.

Integra is less on the insurance, less on the maintenance (honda/acura parts in canada are as common as finding a needle in a needlestack), it's more nostalgic, it's japanese. List goes on.

I don't care about power, i'm not flying across the world, i'm not racing anybody. It has a reliable engine than get the job done. Integras sell like hot cakes because of reliablity, but since they are mostly owned by teens people just crash them because they can't drive.

I just can't stand the obscure american cars, and I only like some american cars for novelty, otherwise they are crap in my eyes. Every american car my family has owned as had some problem with it, while the japanese and german cars they owned run perfect and had zero problems.
Report Spam   Logged

Coyote Starrk
Wrathful Whirlipede

Primera Espada

View Profile
« Reply #468 on: March 15, 2013, 12:22:00 am »

you answered that for me.

I've never liked the monte carlo, it's a two door lumina. It's a two door, front wheel drive, redneck grandma mobile. It's not even very american because you have to get the unrelible, 10-mpg 1988 crap box that you gotta dedicate your life to, if you want a v8.
It's not even 4 door, which was my point with the integra. it's not an integra, so it's not nostalgic to me.

Integra is less on the insurance, less on the maintenance (honda/acura parts in canada are as common as finding a needle in a needlestack), it's more nostalgic, it's japanese. List goes on.

I don't care about power, i'm not flying across the world, i'm not racing anybody. It has a reliable engine than get the job done. Integras sell like hot cakes because of reliablity, but since they are mostly owned by teens people just crash them because they can't drive.

I just can't stand the obscure american cars, and I only like some american cars for novelty, otherwise they are crap in my eyes. Every american car my family has owned as had some problem with it, while the japanese and german cars they owned run perfect and had zero problems.
It has a V6 and they are plenty reliable, and they are RWD as well.

Get a 70's lumina. 195 horse V8.

Have you tried buying a dodge with a hemi or the pentastar V6? D:

Which murikan cars has your fam owned anyway?
Report Spam   Logged

Steel
Shellfish Pokémon
Gallant Gligar

カメックス

View Profile
« Reply #469 on: March 15, 2013, 12:35:37 am »

It has a V6 and they are plenty reliable, and they are RWD as well.

Get a 70's lumina. 195 horse V8.

Have you tried buying a dodge with a hemi or the pentastar V6? D:

Which murikan cars has your fam owned anyway?
Dodge 600 (engine just randomly stopped working, car couldn't handle it, dead.)
Buick Riveria (Some **** with the engine)
Buick Century (door hinges broke somehow)
Chevrolet Malibu (99 special edition and 2002. 2002 had running problems, and some lady rammed into it. 99 could barely push itself to do jack crap, we sold it last year)
Pontiac Bonneville (both rear doors stuck close, had to scrap because cost too much to fix)
Pontiac Firebird Trans Am (Trunk wouldn't close. Day after it got fixed, some jackass smashed into it, and left the lot after. It was the only car my grandpa owned that was custom painted, cherry red)
Oldsmobile Cutlass (this is the only american car we had with zero problems)
Oldsmobile Alero (idk what happened, but smoke came from hood)
Dodge Caravan (trunk wouldn't close)

Thats all I can remember. You could blame my family, as I was only around for a few of these, but they traded for jap cars and mercedes, and those had no problems. Mercedes had **** dealership people but it was fine. My mom has driven her honda since 2006, zero problems. '08 Toyota Corolla, '09 Mazda Cx9 (which is really a ford explorer that looks better and seast 7), '11 Mazda 3, '08 Camry, '06 Honda Civic are what my family currently own. My dad owns a '04 BMW z4 and 1999 Nissan Pathfinder.

I understand old american cars are cool starrk, but I look at it from a realistic perspective. Honestly, until I get my own personal vehicle (the camry is my grandpas) then I will learn how to change stuff and maintain it. I have no experience with that stuff, so a 70s anything is out of the question, as is an 80s. The Integra is a great starters car, which is why its so popular. And I have always grown around import culture and stuff. Corvettes, Camaros and Mustangs are all that I grew up with in the American car department. I grew up with a love for Supras, Imprezas, Lancers, Skylines, and euro cars such as Lotus Elise and stuff.

They always interested me because I only saw them in video games. I could go out to the ghetto if I wanted to see a 70s lumina, it had no significance to me what-so ever. While if I saw a Impreza i'd go "ooh i want that".

I don't like cars that go fast in a straight line, I want something more. And something not american. American's not interesting. It's not exotic, it's something I can see if I look out my window. Boring.

Report Spam   Logged

Coyote Starrk
Wrathful Whirlipede

Primera Espada

View Profile
« Reply #470 on: March 15, 2013, 12:53:39 am »

Dodge 600 (engine just randomly stopped working, car couldn't handle it, dead.)
Buick Riveria (Some **** with the engine)
Buick Century (door hinges broke somehow)
Chevrolet Malibu (99 special edition and 2002. 2002 had running problems, and some lady rammed into it. 99 could barely push itself to do jack crap, we sold it last year)
Pontiac Bonneville (both rear doors stuck close, had to scrap because cost too much to fix)
Pontiac Firebird Trans Am (Trunk wouldn't close. Day after it got fixed, some jackass smashed into it, and left the lot after. It was the only car my grandpa owned that was custom painted, cherry red)
Oldsmobile Cutlass (this is the only american car we had with zero problems)
Oldsmobile Alero (idk what happened, but smoke came from hood)
Dodge Caravan (trunk wouldn't close)

Thats all I can remember. You could blame my family, as I was only around for a few of these, but they traded for jap cars and mercedes, and those had no problems. Mercedes had **** dealership people but it was fine. My mom has driven her honda since 2006, zero problems. '08 Toyota Corolla, '09 Mazda Cx9 (which is really a ford explorer that looks better and seast 7), '11 Mazda 3, '08 Camry, '06 Honda Civic are what my family currently own. My dad owns a '04 BMW z4 and 1999 Nissan Pathfinder.

I understand old american cars are cool starrk, but I look at it from a realistic perspective. Honestly, until I get my own personal vehicle (the camry is my grandpas) then I will learn how to change stuff and maintain it. I have no experience with that stuff, so a 70s anything is out of the question, as is an 80s. The Integra is a great starters car, which is why its so popular. And I have always grown around import culture and stuff. Corvettes, Camaros and Mustangs are all that I grew up with in the American car department. I grew up with a love for Supras, Imprezas, Lancers, Skylines, and euro cars such as Lotus Elise and stuff.

They always interested me because I only saw them in video games. I could go out to the ghetto if I wanted to see a 70s lumina, it had no significance to me what-so ever. While if I saw a Impreza i'd go "ooh i want that".

I don't like cars that go fast in a straight line, I want something more. And something not american. American's not interesting. It's not exotic, it's something I can see if I look out my window. Boring.

How the blazes did your family manage to destroy those things? Aside from the oldsmobiles (GM used oldsmobile to test it's new tech) the rest should be solid cars. Sounds like the 600 just had a bad oil history.

What about the 2006ish model? It looks kinda like a integra but with 2 doors, same seats, and luxury stuff in it. ._.

Only ferds cant turn cuz they never bothered upgrading their cars suspension, they just kept adding more power. Chevy and to some extent, dodge, are able to turn quite nicely, and the new SS bromaro is hailed as the best handling car theyve driven in a while.

why dont you get any canadian cars? D:
Report Spam   Logged

Steel
Shellfish Pokémon
Gallant Gligar

カメックス

View Profile
« Reply #471 on: March 15, 2013, 01:03:14 am »

How the blazes did your family manage to destroy those things? Aside from the oldsmobiles (GM used oldsmobile to test it's new tech) the rest should be solid cars. Sounds like the 600 just had a bad oil history.

What about the 2006ish model? It looks kinda like a integra but with 2 doors, same seats, and luxury stuff in it. ._.

Only ferds cant turn cuz they never bothered upgrading their cars suspension, they just kept adding more power. Chevy and to some extent, dodge, are able to turn quite nicely, and the new SS bromaro is hailed as the best handling car theyve driven in a while.

why dont you get any canadian cars? D:
only exclusive car to Canada is the Acura EL (1997-2005) or the Acura CSX (2005-2011).
they are just luxury honda civics.
by luxury i mean leather seats and the base model has all the stuff the fully loaded civic had.

The Monte Carlo is built in canada, but I don't like it. It's a full-size coupe, integra is a compact coupe. Compacts better on the insurance. Also 2005+ models are like SUPER rare for monte carlos, tbh i've never seen one irl ever.

and the point was, I wanted the integra, the extra doors is a bonus. I like the integra cuz it's an integra. Not because it's got this or that. It's just like my childhood and imo it looks good. Also I heard, if you can drive, it's reliable, cheap to run, insurance safe. etc.

Also I just don't have an appeal for the Monte Carlo. It reminds me of NASCAR, which I hate. And It's also American, so it loses more appeal to me.
I know i've never seen one, but I've seen the Impala, it's just a 2 door impala, the 2005+ one.
Report Spam   Logged

Coyote Starrk
Wrathful Whirlipede

Primera Espada

View Profile
« Reply #472 on: March 15, 2013, 07:40:53 pm »

only exclusive car to Canada is the Acura EL (1997-2005) or the Acura CSX (2005-2011).
they are just luxury honda civics.
by luxury i mean leather seats and the base model has all the stuff the fully loaded civic had.

The Monte Carlo is built in canada, but I don't like it. It's a full-size coupe, integra is a compact coupe. Compacts better on the insurance. Also 2005+ models are like SUPER rare for monte carlos, tbh i've never seen one irl ever.

and the point was, I wanted the integra, the extra doors is a bonus. I like the integra cuz it's an integra. Not because it's got this or that. It's just like my childhood and imo it looks good. Also I heard, if you can drive, it's reliable, cheap to run, insurance safe. etc.

Also I just don't have an appeal for the Monte Carlo. It reminds me of NASCAR, which I hate. And It's also American, so it loses more appeal to me.
I know i've never seen one, but I've seen the Impala, it's just a 2 door impala, the 2005+ one.

No, I mean Canadian car company. Like Western Star is a canadian truck company, why you no like canadian cars? Where is your patriotism!? D:

y u no aspire to own better cars? ._.

What are your thoughts on Volvos and their superior Swedish Steel?
Report Spam   Logged

Steel
Shellfish Pokémon
Gallant Gligar

カメックス

View Profile
« Reply #473 on: March 15, 2013, 08:37:44 pm »

No, I mean Canadian car company. Like Western Star is a canadian truck company, why you no like canadian cars? Where is your patriotism!? D:

y u no aspire to own better cars? ._.

What are your thoughts on Volvos and their superior Swedish Steel?
I like V70R and Volvo 850R.
I love the S60 Polestar

I aspire to own cars I like. I like the integra, I like the supra, the rx7, the mazda miata, the subaru impreza.
I don't like the monte carlo, i hate the lumina.

There are no "Canadian" car companies. Trucks are just trucks. The type of toilet paper i use is more interesting than trucks to me.
Report Spam   Logged

Magoo
Princess
Gargantuan Gabite

Level: 34

Wayward Son

View Profile WWW
« Reply #474 on: March 15, 2013, 08:50:26 pm »

Canadian patriotism.
That's a good one.
Report Spam   Logged

In the distance, that day, when the star became music.
Coyote Starrk
Wrathful Whirlipede

Primera Espada

View Profile
« Reply #475 on: March 15, 2013, 09:21:33 pm »

I like V70R and Volvo 850R.
I love the S60 Polestar

I aspire to own cars I like. I like the integra, I like the supra, the rx7, the mazda miata, the subaru impreza.
I don't like the monte carlo, i hate the lumina.

There are no "Canadian" car companies. Trucks are just trucks. The type of toilet paper i use is more interesting than trucks to me.

lol, top gear is using an 850R to travel offroad. maximum lelz

but those are so cheap and easy to find, y u no aspire to own some rare/currently expensive car? D;

Why does canada not have a car company when Mexico has a super car company? o.o

But trucks bring you everything you own, even the house you live in! You need to ride in one and see how awesome they is yourself~

Canadian patriotism.
That's a good one.
I dun get it ;-;
Report Spam   Logged

Steel
Shellfish Pokémon
Gallant Gligar

カメックス

View Profile
« Reply #476 on: March 15, 2013, 09:45:41 pm »

lol, top gear is using an 850R to travel offroad. maximum lelz

but those are so cheap and easy to find, y u no aspire to own some rare/currently expensive car? D;

Why does canada not have a car company when Mexico has a super car company? o.o

But trucks bring you everything you own, even the house you live in! You need to ride in one and see how awesome they is yourself~
Canada has no car company, I don't know why.

I do want a Subaru Alcyone SVX which is really rare. It's like a subaru coupe thats all wheel drive.
There is also a 2003 Angel-eyes BMW M5 i wanted.

For like something to really aspire to, not like a used car i'd want to own, I'd aspire to either restoring a 70s Datsun 240z or a Nissan GTR. Or maybe a BMW 760i (the one with the gigantic twin turbo v12), or Rolls Royce Phantom.
Report Spam   Logged

Coyote Starrk
Wrathful Whirlipede

Primera Espada

View Profile
« Reply #477 on: March 15, 2013, 09:53:03 pm »

Canada has no car company, I don't know why.

I do want a Subaru Alcyone SVX which is really rare. It's like a subaru coupe thats all wheel drive.
There is also a 2003 Angel-eyes BMW M5 i wanted.

For like something to really aspire to, not like a used car i'd want to own, I'd aspire to either restoring a 70s Datsun 240z or a Nissan GTR. Or maybe a BMW 760i (the one with the gigantic twin turbo v12), or Rolls Royce Phantom.

Someone could make a killing making AMC in Canada. 4x4 station wagons, 4x4 sport coupes, never worry about winter again~

I never heard of those two things.

You could just import a datsun soon since nissan is bringing them back in other countries as a barebones, sub 3K dollar car. Import it and add all the luxury equipment any canadian needs to survive all that canadian kindness! >Grin
Report Spam   Logged

Steel
Shellfish Pokémon
Gallant Gligar

カメックス

View Profile
« Reply #478 on: March 15, 2013, 10:05:24 pm »

Someone could make a killing making AMC in Canada. 4x4 station wagons, 4x4 sport coupes, never worry about winter again~

I never heard of those two things.

You could just import a datsun soon since nissan is bringing them back in other countries as a barebones, sub 3K dollar car. Import it and add all the luxury equipment any canadian needs to survive all that canadian kindness! >Grin

Subaru SVX

BMW M5. It's called angel eyes because it has rings around the lights, and they changed that in 2001. It's a name for the facelift.

I want an old datsun, the 1970s 240z.

You know what actually sells in Canada? Compacts. Compacts with front-wheel drive or Trucks with 4x4.
Honda Civics, Ford Focus, Mistubishi Lancer, Toyota Corolla, Chevy Cruze, etc.
That is what actually sells.

Canada's perfect selling car would be a AWD Compact, like the Impreza, expect the same price as a honda civic or toyota corolla.

Trucks also sell. Station wagons don't sell at all. Minivans sell.

A canadian subaru would be good for canada. Everything 4x4. 4x4 Minivans and 4x4 Compacts would own canada.
Report Spam   Logged

Coyote Starrk
Wrathful Whirlipede

Primera Espada

View Profile
« Reply #479 on: March 15, 2013, 10:12:54 pm »

Subaru SVX

BMW M5. It's called angel eyes because it has rings around the lights, and they changed that in 2001. It's a name for the facelift.

I want an old datsun, the 1970s 240z.

You know what actually sells in Canada? Compacts. Compacts with front-wheel drive or Trucks with 4x4.
Honda Civics, Ford Focus, Mistubishi Lancer, Toyota Corolla, Chevy Cruze, etc.
That is what actually sells.

Canada's perfect selling car would be a AWD Compact, like the Impreza, expect the same price as a honda civic or toyota corolla.

Trucks also sell. Station wagons don't sell at all. Minivans sell.

A canadian subaru would be good for canada. Everything 4x4. 4x4 Minivans and 4x4 Compacts would own canada.
It looks like a saturn O_O

Audi does angel eyes too I think. ._.

I imagine the new ones will look similar since they will only be sold in countries with almost zero safety standards, just like back in the 70's.

Yep. Classic AMC. everything was compact before it was cool (which is why the gremlin was so poplar, they knew an oil crisis would happen and got a head start), and then in their last days they invented the crossover, a 4x4 car, srsly, 4x4 everything, and then chrysler bought them out cuz they wanted Jeep.

That sounds like Dodge. AWD minivans (Caravan/Durango), AWD trucks (Ram/Jeep), AWD compacts (Dart/Wrangler 2door). >:U

Also, Y U HAVE HARD TIME SPELLING EXCEPT?!
Report Spam   Logged

Pages: 1 ... 30 31 [32] 33 34 ... 51
  Send this topic  |  Print  

Jump to: