Pokémon X and Y Fan Community
March 28, 2024, 05:45:47 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Home Help Search Arcade Gallery SHOUTBOX Staff List Calendar Members Login Register  

The Automobile Topic

Pages: 1 ... 21 22 [23] 24 25 ... 51
  Send this topic  |  Print  
Author Topic: The Automobile Topic  (Read 5622 times)
Steel
Shellfish Pokémon
Gallant Gligar

Level: 43

カメックス

View Profile
Badges: (View All)
« Reply #330 on: February 12, 2013, 10:10:30 pm »

it really shouldnt be like this. this topic shoudl be about asking for advice, and discussing ideas and also discussing cars and giving opinions and learning and teaching. its seems like everytime i post something in this thread, its positive to a certain point and then it feels like im bashing my head against a wall trying to help someone understand something but they want nothing to do with it
'
Exactly.
Report Spam   Logged

Coyote Starrk
The Ultimate in Prescribed Drugs
Wrathful Whirlipede

Level: 8

Primera Espada

View Profile
« Reply #331 on: February 12, 2013, 10:10:45 pm »

its fiberglass and paint. vinyl wrapping wont get that kind of effect. its too shiny and perfect for wrapping.

i still dont understand how train horns have to do with anything we are talking about.

you are so misinformed wiht car audio it makes me gag. im not even gonna talk about this subject in this thread anymore because it feels like misinformed ideas are being pushed, and derogatory terms are being used in description of things that im passionate about. im done trying to teach these ideas anymore.
Vinyl can get that good :\

Air bags need an air compressor, and an air tank, if you got airbags, you could rig a train horn into the air tank and have the loudest horn in the smallest car.

I am not misinformed. :<

Talking with Starrk about cars is as annoying as trying to have a debate on the big bang theory with a 6-month old baby.

It's like
"everything i have seen in my little town applies to the rest of the world, therefore I know everything about cars"
I have lived in 7 states and numerous towns for many years, and everything I see further proves my points.

Also, do people really watch TBBT still? D:
Report Spam   Logged

Steel
Shellfish Pokémon
Gallant Gligar

カメックス

View Profile
« Reply #332 on: February 12, 2013, 10:12:49 pm »

I have lived in 7 states and numerous towns for many years, and everything I see further proves my points.

point
proven

its still the USA.
Report Spam   Logged

Sabotage99
Captain of the 10th Division
Malevolent Murkrow

Level: 22

View Profile
« Reply #333 on: February 12, 2013, 10:13:23 pm »

Air bags need an air compressor, and an air tank, if you got airbags, you could rig a train horn into the air tank and have the loudest horn in the smallest car.

Report Spam   Logged

I SHALL KILL WITH MY CUTENESS. XD
Go be a golden pony and play with the silvery wolf in those plains.

Coyote Starrk
Wrathful Whirlipede

Primera Espada

View Profile
« Reply #334 on: February 12, 2013, 10:18:23 pm »

point
proven

its still the USA.
And the USA has people from all over the world flee here so it's not just the US but the rest of the world as well.

As well as news and actual car shows, it all backs up what I've seen and what i claim. There may be exceptions, but they are few and far between. ._.
Report Spam   Logged

Steel
Shellfish Pokémon
Gallant Gligar

カメックス

View Profile
« Reply #335 on: February 12, 2013, 10:21:23 pm »

And the USA has people from all over the world flee here so it's not just the US but the rest of the world as well.

As well as news and actual car shows, it all backs up what I've seen and what i claim. There may be exceptions, but they are few and far between. ._.
Everyone in the USA is assimilated into the culture.

think whatchu want but don't force your opinions. Not what you say is right, no matter what you hear. Same goes for everyone.
Report Spam   Logged

Vlatko
Pikachu Boy
Malevolent Murkrow

Level: 26

Pikachu boy!

View Profile
« Reply #336 on: February 12, 2013, 10:23:01 pm »

Who wants a train horn in there car?

And do you even know what vinyl looks like? Because you seem to have never seen vinyl in your life if you think it's that glossy/plastic looking. Fibreglass however once completed and sanded down and primed and painted and what not does look glossy/plastic looking. Vinyl is a material that is well.. vinyl, not plastic. You will have an extremely hard time/spending thousands of dollars on a sheet of vinyl that's going to be that perfect, only way you can achieve that is with cabonfiber vinyl.. Even then it doesn't look anything like what you showed. Trust me, that is made with fibreglass, not with vinyl. You can argue all you want, you can be as thickheaded as you want and not admit defeat, but you are not right.

Also here is your "vinyl" original image thread http://www.mys10.com/showthread.php?t=3770
Guess what the title is.. "How To: Fiberglass Sub Box Build-Up"
Report Spam   Logged

Coyote Starrk
Wrathful Whirlipede

Primera Espada

View Profile
« Reply #337 on: February 12, 2013, 10:28:54 pm »

Everyone in the USA is assimilated into the culture.

think whatchu want but don't force your opinions. Not what you say is right, no matter what you hear. Same goes for everyone.
You think that but it's really not true. They keep their own culture and move into neighborhoods with the same culture. It's why we have China towns, little italy's and such, cuz when those people come to murika, they group up with other similar peoples.

Sure, some adapt and try to become our culture, but we really don't have any good culture left in murika, all we are now is celebrity gossip and corrupt governments.

Who wants a train horn in there car?

And do you even know what vinyl looks like? Because you seem to have never seen vinyl in your life if you think it's that glossy/plastic looking. Fibreglass however once completed and sanded down and primed and painted and what not does look glossy/plastic looking. Vinyl is a material that is well.. vinyl, not plastic. You will have an extremely hard time/spending thousands of dollars on a sheet of vinyl that's going to be that perfect, only way you can achieve that is with cabonfiber vinyl.. Even then it doesn't look anything like what you showed. Trust me, that is made with fibreglass, not with vinyl. You can argue all you want, you can be as thickheaded as you want and not admit defeat, but you are not right.

Also here is your "vinyl" original image thread http://www.mys10.com/showthread.php?t=3770
Guess what the title is.. "How To: Fiberglass Sub Box Build-Up"
It was a suggestion.

I do, it's pretty popular among truckers because when they are done paying for the truck, they can take the vinyl off and sell it quicker than if they had a custom paint job or something.

Bro, I just googled sub box and that came up, I don't read the websites they are on. :<
Report Spam   Logged

Vlatko
Pikachu Boy
Malevolent Murkrow

Pikachu boy!

View Profile
« Reply #338 on: February 12, 2013, 10:34:54 pm »

You think that but it's really not true. They keep their own culture and move into neighborhoods with the same culture. It's why we have China towns, little italy's and such, cuz when those people come to murika, they group up with other similar peoples.

Sure, some adapt and try to become our culture, but we really don't have any good culture left in murika, all we are now is celebrity gossip and corrupt governments.

It was a suggestion.

I do, it's pretty popular among truckers because when they are done paying for the truck, they can take the vinyl off and sell it quicker than if they had a custom paint job or something.

Bro, I just googled sub box and that came up, I don't read the websites they are on. :<
Your suggestion was fine, it's the fact that you were arguing something entirely different and trying to push the fact that you were right about something when clearly you were not. What do you mean just take the vinyl off and sell it? Take the vinyl off what?
Report Spam   Logged

Coyote Starrk
Wrathful Whirlipede

Primera Espada

View Profile
« Reply #339 on: February 12, 2013, 10:42:14 pm »

Your suggestion was fine, it's the fact that you were arguing something entirely different and trying to push the fact that you were right about something when clearly you were not. What do you mean just take the vinyl off and sell it? Take the vinyl off what?
The entire truck, inside and out.

When truckers want a custom look but want to sell it when they pay for it, they use vinyl wrap instead of paint so they can get it removed afterwards so it looks stock and sells faster, cuz people don't want custom trucks cuz it's tailored specifically to the driver who customized it and it usually means there's going to be a lot of things you won't like, where as if you have a stock truck for sale it will suit a wider buyer audience and sell a  lot faster.

Vinyl wrap is becoming more and more poplar us murika cuz of all the emissions requirements trucks need to have to enter states or avoid paying an extra 20k on your taxes, so people need to keep buying a new truck every 6 years, where as they used to just buy one and run it their entire career, like mustang joe did. Bought a 1953 Mack and used it until he retired in 94.

It's also used for custom cars like those popo super cars that will be used for a couple events and then returnedand sold, so they use vinyl wrap so they can remove it afterwards and save money.
Report Spam   Logged

Vlatko
Pikachu Boy
Malevolent Murkrow

Pikachu boy!

View Profile
« Reply #340 on: February 12, 2013, 10:53:18 pm »

The entire truck, inside and out.

When truckers want a custom look but want to sell it when they pay for it, they use vinyl wrap instead of paint so they can get it removed afterwards so it looks stock and sells faster, cuz people don't want custom trucks cuz it's tailored specifically to the driver who customized it and it usually means there's going to be a lot of things you won't like, where as if you have a stock truck for sale it will suit a wider buyer audience and sell a  lot faster.

Vinyl wrap is becoming more and more poplar us murika cuz of all the emissions requirements trucks need to have to enter states or avoid paying an extra 20k on your taxes, so people need to keep buying a new truck every 6 years, where as they used to just buy one and run it their entire career, like mustang joe did. Bought a 1953 Mack and used it until he retired in 94.

It's also used for custom cars like those popo super cars that will be used for a couple events and then returnedand sold, so they use vinyl wrap so they can remove it afterwards and save money.
Do you mean vinyl stickers? For the outside of the truck? You're once again arguing 2 different things, we were talking about vinyl wrapping a sub box, which cannot just simply be "taken off" you can't just simply peel away vinyl from a box. Also vinyl interior is the same, you can't simply just peel it away like a sticker, it's a lot harder then that. And by truck do you mean those massive trucks that carry massive amounts of stuff (fuel) or do you mean as in 4 door trucks that Americans call them?
Report Spam   Logged

Coyote Starrk
Wrathful Whirlipede

Primera Espada

View Profile
« Reply #341 on: February 12, 2013, 11:06:44 pm »

Do you mean vinyl stickers? For the outside of the truck? You're once again arguing 2 different things, we were talking about vinyl wrapping a sub box, which cannot just simply be "taken off" you can't just simply peel away vinyl from a box. Also vinyl interior is the same, you can't simply just peel it away like a sticker, it's a lot harder then that. And by truck do you mean those massive trucks that carry massive amounts of stuff (fuel) or do you mean as in 4 door trucks that Americans call them?
What's the difference? ._.

This is a truck

This is a pick up

Report Spam   Logged

Sabotage99
Captain of the 10th Division
Malevolent Murkrow

Level: 22

View Profile
« Reply #342 on: February 12, 2013, 11:14:17 pm »

What's the difference? ._.

alot of difference. one you need a truck license for. the other you dont
Report Spam   Logged

I SHALL KILL WITH MY CUTENESS. XD
Go be a golden pony and play with the silvery wolf in those plains.

Coyote Starrk
Wrathful Whirlipede

Primera Espada

View Profile
« Reply #343 on: February 12, 2013, 11:15:41 pm »

You need a license to own vinyl? da fuq?
Report Spam   Logged

Vlatko
Pikachu Boy
Malevolent Murkrow

Pikachu boy!

View Profile
« Reply #344 on: February 12, 2013, 11:29:19 pm »

You need a license to own vinyl? da fuq?

And you call both of them trucks though, so I don't know which ones you talk about.

edit: vinyl wrapping (such as what you see done on cars), is different the the upholstery wrapping that you put on boxes for subs and such.
Report Spam   Logged

Pages: 1 ... 21 22 [23] 24 25 ... 51
  Send this topic  |  Print  

Jump to: