Pokémon X and Y Fan Community
March 28, 2024, 05:54:24 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Home Help Search Arcade Gallery SHOUTBOX Staff List Calendar Members Login Register  

The Automobile Topic

Pages: 1 ... 18 19 [20] 21 22 ... 51
  Send this topic  |  Print  
Author Topic: The Automobile Topic  (Read 5624 times)
Steel
Shellfish Pokémon
Gallant Gligar

Level: 43

カメックス

View Profile
Badges: (View All)
« Reply #285 on: February 09, 2013, 08:54:41 pm »

i thought you didnt have a license?

lift it and put some stacks on it bruv!
I'm going next week.

My grandpa is giving me this car, he doesn't need it, it's his second car.
I am going to own it soon. Soon being as soon as I get my license, and I can drive wherever i want.
I don't even care if it's a hybrid or an old mans car.

**** gets like 40mpg, seats 5 extremly well, (interior is sooo roomy), has a decent truck, it's a toyota so it's more reliable than what I could have gotten, its free. I'd rather have this for free than pay 5000 for a second-hand 1993 civic.

Though I would like something I can actually work on, I don't know **** about hybrids, its all complex. And I don't want to do body mods on a hybrid, then i'll be a joke.

Maybe I'll get better sound system and little things.
Report Spam   Logged

Coyote Starrk
The Ultimate in Prescribed Drugs
Wrathful Whirlipede

Level: 8

Primera Espada

View Profile
« Reply #286 on: February 09, 2013, 09:41:48 pm »

I'm going next week.

My grandpa is giving me this car, he doesn't need it, it's his second car.
I am going to own it soon. Soon being as soon as I get my license, and I can drive wherever i want.
I don't even care if it's a hybrid or an old mans car.

**** gets like 40mpg, seats 5 extremly well, (interior is sooo roomy), has a decent truck, it's a toyota so it's more reliable than what I could have gotten, its free. I'd rather have this for free than pay 5000 for a second-hand 1993 civic.

Though I would like something I can actually work on, I don't know **** about hybrids, its all complex. And I don't want to do body mods on a hybrid, then i'll be a joke.

Maybe I'll get better sound system and little things.
It will get less MPG's the more miles you put on on it cuz the batteries don't last long in hybrids (except the Fisker Karma/Tesla)

Toyotas aren't reliable anymore, they've been having quality issues and were recently outed as having the most recalls.

Little things are big things in Hybrids because of all the electronic doodads in it.

You should put a spoiler on it to be totally JDM tyte yo!

So what trim package it got? Leather seats and wood dash? 10 CD changer? explain moar! D:

Do you has jerb to afford it even?
Report Spam   Logged

Steel
Shellfish Pokémon
Gallant Gligar

カメックス

View Profile
« Reply #287 on: February 09, 2013, 09:59:46 pm »

So what trim package it got? Leather seats and wood dash? 10 CD changer? explain moar! D:

Do you has jerb to afford it even?
Fully Loaded expect sunroof.

Leather seats and all the doohickeys.

Electronic Everything.

I don't expect this to be my permanent car, but for a first car, it's an extremely good one. Especially for free.

Gas and stuff is different, and the insurance is going into either my mom or my grandpas.

I really am probably going to put a new stereo with axillary and some minor audio add-ons, but after that not much. Nothing I like more than listening to music in the car, because I don't have the annoying earphone things in the ears and unlike home, nobody bitches at me for listening to it at a volume louder than whsipering.

I'll try to keep it as-is, because when it has to go I can get a buyer quick.

I do want to keep it until I'm at least 19. By then I can start getting jobs and see how my future is laid out for maybe a better car or a car I can do something with. Like an Integra, Impreza, Lancer, or something.

Report Spam   Logged

Coyote Starrk
Wrathful Whirlipede

Primera Espada

View Profile
« Reply #288 on: February 09, 2013, 10:10:02 pm »

Fully Loaded expect sunroof.

Leather seats and all the doohickeys.

Electronic Everything.

I don't expect this to be my permanent car, but for a first car, it's an extremely good one. Especially for free.

Gas and stuff is different, and the insurance is going into either my mom or my grandpas.

I really am probably going to put a new stereo with axillary and some minor audio add-ons, but after that not much. Nothing I like more than listening to music in the car, because I don't have the annoying earphone things in the ears and unlike home, nobody ****es at me for listening to it at a volume louder than whsipering.

I'll try to keep it as-is, because when it has to go I can get a buyer quick.

I do want to keep it until I'm at least 19. By then I can start getting jobs and see how my future is laid out for maybe a better car or a car I can do something with. Like an Integra, Impreza, Lancer, or something.

Hybrids have no resale value because the batteries tend to not hold much of a charge if any and that's a costly repair for someone, and when they die, your MPG's go down by quite alot because the batteries become dead weight, and are extremely heavy, and for a sub 200HP petrol engine, it's hard to move it all.

Why not just keep it until you get a decent paying jerb and can afford a sports car and your own home? Because when college rolls around, you won't be able to afford a sports mobile and college, or an apartment or anything, and you'll be house poor at that point. :<

Will you be changing the rimz to something other than steelies?
Report Spam   Logged

Steel
Shellfish Pokémon
Gallant Gligar

カメックス

View Profile
« Reply #289 on: February 09, 2013, 10:46:07 pm »

Hybrids have no resale value because the batteries tend to not hold much of a charge if any and that's a costly repair for someone, and when they die, your MPG's go down by quite alot because the batteries become dead weight, and are extremely heavy, and for a sub 200HP petrol engine, it's hard to move it all.

Why not just keep it until you get a decent paying jerb and can afford a sports car and your own home? Because when college rolls around, you won't be able to afford a sports mobile and college, or an apartment or anything, and you'll be house poor at that point. :<

Will you be changing the rimz to something other than steelies?
ill see about resale, the wheels will probably stay stock.
I mean it's a hybrid. I'd look like a ricer or an idiot by putting any body mods on it.

I would like to own some nice car like a 2001-ish M5. But knowing my mom, I'm probably never moving out.
Report Spam   Logged

Coyote Starrk
Wrathful Whirlipede

Primera Espada

View Profile
« Reply #290 on: February 09, 2013, 10:51:04 pm »

ill see about resale, the wheels will probably stay stock.
I mean it's a hybrid. I'd look like a ricer or an idiot by putting any body mods on it.

I would like to own some nice car like a 2001-ish M5. But knowing my mom, I'm probably never moving out.

With a Hyrbid vehicles, the batteries are a major concern because when they go, all benefits of owning a hybrid go. Your MPGs tank, power is nowhere to be found, and it aint good.

Put a super charger on it so your hood scoop actually serves a purpose then?

Don't get one with a rotary engine, those have bad seal problems unless you redline all your shifts but then your MPGs go away and you look like a tool. Also, hairdressers car~

buy a rain drop trailer or a cricket trailer to live in and tow it with your vehicle?
Report Spam   Logged

Steel
Shellfish Pokémon
Gallant Gligar

カメックス

View Profile
« Reply #291 on: February 10, 2013, 08:44:58 am »

With a Hyrbid vehicles, the batteries are a major concern because when they go, all benefits of owning a hybrid go. Your MPGs tank, power is nowhere to be found, and it aint good.

Put a super charger on it so your hood scoop actually serves a purpose then?

Don't get one with a rotary engine, those have bad seal problems unless you redline all your shifts but then your MPGs go away and you look like a tool. Also, hairdressers car~

buy a rain drop trailer or a cricket trailer to live in and tow it with your vehicle?
I am not going to street race or any of that junk under age 20.
I ain't going to do it a camry, it can be supercharged, twin turbo, it could have a corvette engine, it could have a hemi v8, its still a camry.
The only rotary cars in modern day are the Mazda Rx7 or RX8. I don't like the RX8 it's more hairdresserish than the RX7. Either way I won't buy either because I can't afford the penalty of having rotary, the penalty is the cost & maintenance and the bonus is the speed, cars quite quick.

Plus I said M5, that has a 4.9L V8. 0-60 in 4.8 seconds.
Problem is there are only like 20,350 produced, so I'm probably going to end up with a dentists 550i and have to do something myself.

I can't really say no, and I don't want to say no to the Camry. It's a free car that is better than what I could buy for, lets say, 5000. The insurance is way cheaper because it's a brand new car, and it has 5-star safety ratings across the board. It's a mid-size which is something I really badly wanted. I want a car with room in it so I can go with my friends to places. I don't plan to get a supercharger or whatever because who am I going to race? What am I going to do with all that speed? Lower my MPGs?
I like going fast and all but practicality comes before that, and I need a practical car. The m5 is pretty distant because of fuel economy, I would, or will, probably end up getting something that will save me on gas, like an accord or something. I can't go nuts like Sato and Vlatko can, there is nowhere to do it.
The only place where street racing exists is a city away and people always get caught there by the popo and cars impounded.
And the only public race track is all the way in thunder bay, which is where that big lake is in the center of Canada, I live right at the US/Canadian border, and it's an 2 hour drive to the states, and about another 2 hours to anywhere that's not grass.

It sucks but it's the truth. I love cars and all but I really just want a point a to point b. A nice car is a bonus. The Camry does just that. Point A to B. It's america's best selling car because it's just a pure Point A to B car. Outside of fixing the batteries its also cheap to fix and it rides smooth and quiet. Looks-wise it's pretty boring but hey, it's free.

tl/dr I don't want to drive fast, I want to save money.
Report Spam   Logged

Coyote Starrk
Wrathful Whirlipede

Primera Espada

View Profile
« Reply #292 on: February 10, 2013, 11:04:53 am »

I am not going to street race or any of that junk under age 20.
I ain't going to do it a camry, it can be supercharged, twin turbo, it could have a corvette engine, it could have a hemi v8, its still a camry.
The only rotary cars in modern day are the Mazda Rx7 or RX8. I don't like the RX8 it's more hairdresserish than the RX7. Either way I won't buy either because I can't afford the penalty of having rotary, the penalty is the cost & maintenance and the bonus is the speed, cars quite quick.

Plus I said M5, that has a 4.9L V8. 0-60 in 4.8 seconds.
Problem is there are only like 20,350 produced, so I'm probably going to end up with a dentists 550i and have to do something myself.

I can't really say no, and I don't want to say no to the Camry. It's a free car that is better than what I could buy for, lets say, 5000. The insurance is way cheaper because it's a brand new car, and it has 5-star safety ratings across the board. It's a mid-size which is something I really badly wanted. I want a car with room in it so I can go with my friends to places. I don't plan to get a supercharger or whatever because who am I going to race? What am I going to do with all that speed? Lower my MPGs?
I like going fast and all but practicality comes before that, and I need a practical car. The m5 is pretty distant because of fuel economy, I would, or will, probably end up getting something that will save me on gas, like an accord or something. I can't go nuts like Sato and Vlatko can, there is nowhere to do it.
The only place where street racing exists is a city away and people always get caught there by the popo and cars impounded.
And the only public race track is all the way in thunder bay, which is where that big lake is in the center of Canada, I live right at the US/Canadian border, and it's an 2 hour drive to the states, and about another 2 hours to anywhere that's not grass.

It sucks but it's the truth. I love cars and all but I really just want a point a to point b. A nice car is a bonus. The Camry does just that. Point A to B. It's america's best selling car because it's just a pure Point A to B car. Outside of fixing the batteries its also cheap to fix and it rides smooth and quiet. Looks-wise it's pretty boring but hey, it's free.

tl/dr I don't want to drive fast, I want to save money.

aint the m5 the little mazda thingy?

all mazdas have a rotary engine option. ._.

cant you put rally tires on it and hit up a dirt track? D:

why not get a mercedes deisel and just put a couple turbos on it? it would be fast and fuel efficient and luxurious. :<

how much is canadian insurance/fuel?
Report Spam   Logged

Steel
Shellfish Pokémon
Gallant Gligar

カメックス

View Profile
« Reply #293 on: February 10, 2013, 11:15:53 am »

aint the m5 the little mazda thingy?

all mazdas have a rotary engine option. ._.

cant you put rally tires on it and hit up a dirt track? D:

why not get a mercedes deisel and just put a couple turbos on it? it would be fast and fuel efficient and luxurious. :<

how much is canadian insurance/fuel?
MX5 is the mazda one.
And only RX cars come with Rotary, hence the R.
Miata/MX-5 comes with I-4 Turbo.
Mazda 3 comes with I-4, Mazdaspeed 3 comes with same Miata I-4 Turbo.
Mazda 6 comes with I-4, V6 and soon Turbo Diesel in the wagon.
Mazda SUVs come with V6s and I-4.

Any car with a RX in it has a rotary. That is why it has the R in the name. No other mazdas come with rotary.

Diesel prices in Canada are rising, so diesels aren't worth it anymore.
Gas prices are a little better than US.
Insurance, I don't know. My mom say's its "Expensive" but she doesn't want to deal with it, she doesn't want me owning a car, she wants me to drive hers. My Grandpa would put it in his insurance.

Also M5 I'm talking about is the only car with just M5. BMW M5. I said 550i below.

I like the angel lights, the model after this looks girly and dumb imo, and the model before it was unreliable.
It's a mid-sized sedan with a V8 that outpouts... 394hp, because it's competition, Jaguar at 345, and Mercedes had 326. XJR and E-Class AMG.
0-60 in 4.8 seconds. Also it looks like a regular BMW 5-series.
I know one guy who used to take off the M badges and put regular 540i badges on it. And then beat the **** out of people with that power. It's a sleeper.

There are no dirt tracks here, there are no tracks for anything. And it's still a camry, rallying it would thrash it.
Report Spam   Logged

Coyote Starrk
Wrathful Whirlipede

Primera Espada

View Profile
« Reply #294 on: February 10, 2013, 11:26:31 am »

MX5 is the mazda one.
And only RX cars come with Rotary, hence the R.
Miata/MX-5 comes with I-4 Turbo.
Mazda 3 comes with I-4, Mazdaspeed 3 comes with same Miata I-4 Turbo.
Mazda 6 comes with I-4, V6 and soon Turbo Diesel in the wagon.
Mazda SUVs come with V6s and I-4.

Any car with a RX in it has a rotary. That is why it has the R in the name. No other mazdas come with rotary.

Diesel prices in Canada are rising, so diesels aren't worth it anymore.
Gas prices are a little better than US.
Insurance, I don't know. My mom say's its "Expensive" but she doesn't want to deal with it, she doesn't want me owning a car, she wants me to drive hers. My Grandpa would put it in his insurance.

Also M5 I'm talking about is the only car with just M5. BMW M5. I said 550i below.

I like the angel lights, the model after this looks girly and dumb imo, and the model before it was unreliable.
It's a mid-sized sedan with a V8 that outpouts... 394hp, because it's competition, Jaguar at 345, and Mercedes had 326. XJR and E-Class AMG.
0-60 in 4.8 seconds. Also it looks like a regular BMW 5-series.
I know one guy who used to take off the M badges and put regular 540i badges on it. And then beat the **** out of people with that power. It's a sleeper.

There are no dirt tracks here, there are no tracks for anything. And it's still a camry, rallying it would thrash it.

oh.

they came with rotaries in japan so i figured they did in murika too.

your gramps seems like a cool guy.

but you get almost double the mpgs in a deisel so you dont fuel up as much.

a v6 could output more power with a tarbo o.O

but with the weight of the batteries you would have more traction and might even win :0
Report Spam   Logged

Steel
Shellfish Pokémon
Gallant Gligar

カメックス

View Profile
« Reply #295 on: February 10, 2013, 11:31:46 am »

oh.

they came with rotaries in japan so i figured they did in murika too.

your gramps seems like a cool guy.

but you get almost double the mpgs in a deisel so you dont fuel up as much.

a v6 could output more power with a tarbo o.O

but with the weight of the batteries you would have more traction and might even win :0
I would if I could.
My friend Eric's Grand Am is under work right now, when it's done I might be able to thrash that around, even on a dirt track.

I googled the mazda thing, RX are the only rotaries, world wide.

The M5 is from 1998, so 394 was a lot back then. It's also quite luxiourus. I would baby this thing, I love it. I would remove the M badges and like put them in my room. Probably get it repainted some boring 5-series grey or brown. And go tear up those ricers when they see this dentist mobile wreck their ****.
Report Spam   Logged

Coyote Starrk
Wrathful Whirlipede

Primera Espada

View Profile
« Reply #296 on: February 10, 2013, 01:21:18 pm »

I would if I could.
My friend Eric's Grand Am is under work right now, when it's done I might be able to thrash that around, even on a dirt track.

I googled the mazda thing, RX are the only rotaries, world wide.

The M5 is from 1998, so 394 was a lot back then. It's also quite luxiourus. I would baby this thing, I love it. I would remove the M badges and like put them in my room. Probably get it repainted some boring 5-series grey or brown. And go tear up those ricers when they see this dentist mobile wreck their ****.
i thought you had no moar friends. :c

you could sell the M badges for a pretty penny, as bmw sells them for way to much.

paint it matte olive green. canadians love matte olive green.
Report Spam   Logged

Coyote Starrk
Wrathful Whirlipede

Primera Espada

View Profile
« Reply #297 on: February 10, 2013, 02:16:46 pm »

forums.vwvortex.com/showthread.php?3880087

long read but so lolzy. my sides have gone into orbit!
Report Spam   Logged

Sabotage99
Captain of the 10th Division
Malevolent Murkrow

Level: 22

View Profile
« Reply #298 on: February 11, 2013, 07:38:12 pm »

So my SR20 should be getting taken away soon. it was supposed to go yesterday but my uncle was sick and couldnt come down to get it. once it does though ill be getting some small mods done after its fixed. Looking at getting a Pod Filter, new extractors with a full exhaust system and a high flow catalytic converter, im trying to sus out a price to get this. Im looking at getting some new springs too but idk. mine are pretty shitty and i bottom out with 3 or more people in the car. and once i have my subs and custom box in the car itll bottom out even harder... i was considering coilovers, but its expensive for something i might be able to get by putting my old springs on. im thinking all the weight from the custom box/amp/subs should lower it about the same height it is now but on my stock springs. might not be ideal though, thoughts? i also may need to find my self a better battery because of all the electronics that will be running inside the car, ill be draining the battery.

once its back from my uncles, these are my plans:
1. me and vlatko will be basically pulling the entire interior apart and cleaning up, and fixing any problems we might find. im also keen on cleaning out my engine bay, removing grease where there shouldnt be, and putting grease where there should.
2. im gonna pull my dash out and all the components, replace my bulbs in my dash and cluster as theyre hard to see at night
3. i need to repaint some of my panels, my cluster/headunit panel, dash panel, and skirt pannels along the doors (i have a couple blue panels that havnt been painted properly because no primer was used.....
4. ill be converting my headlights to HID's in a nice blue tinge (reffered to as "hi im a dickhead" here in australia) i get angry at people who use these in halogen casings becuase of the fact it glares like a mofos
5. replacing my rear lights (e.g reverse, brake, blinkers) with LED bulbs, part
6. fix my interior lighting (map light is poo and my cathode bars are even pooier)
7. hopefully i can afford a headunit and wiring kit for the amps im gonna get WHILE the interior is stripped, so i can run the wires through without being able to see them once the interiors are back in
8. sound dampen the car
9. once i get speakers ill probably have to mod the door panels to get the tweeters in, i shoudl be able to fit 6" speakers in the speaker bays anyway
10. once i get my subs and amps, ill have to get some MDF and make my custom box, not sure how im gonna design it yet, i have a few ideas, but basically boot space is gonna dissappear. there'll be a mount made for the amps where it will sit flush with the boots floor so you can see the top of the amp where all the control knobs are, but not see all the wiring. the brackets holding hte amps will sit in the empty space where my spare tyre used to be.
11. once ive got that stuff done, before i carpet the box ill test to make sure the gargantuan thing fits in my boot (measure twice, cut once) and ill test the sound, and try to find any rattlings in the car. once found i will try to fix the rattles, because its annoying. and ill sound dampen the boot door and whatnot.
12. carpet the box and the amp mounts.
13. cruise around like a mofo
Report Spam   Logged

I SHALL KILL WITH MY CUTENESS. XD
Go be a golden pony and play with the silvery wolf in those plains.

Coyote Starrk
Wrathful Whirlipede

Primera Espada

View Profile
« Reply #299 on: February 11, 2013, 07:52:04 pm »

So my SR20 should be getting taken away soon. it was supposed to go yesterday but my uncle was sick and couldnt come down to get it. once it does though ill be getting some small mods done after its fixed. Looking at getting a Pod Filter, new extractors with a full exhaust system and a high flow catalytic converter, im trying to sus out a price to get this. Im looking at getting some new springs too but idk. mine are pretty ****ty and i bottom out with 3 or more people in the car. and once i have my subs and custom box in the car itll bottom out even harder... i was considering coilovers, but its expensive for something i might be able to get by putting my old springs on. im thinking all the weight from the custom box/amp/subs should lower it about the same height it is now but on my stock springs. might not be ideal though, thoughts? i also may need to find my self a better battery because of all the electronics that will be running inside the car, ill be draining the battery.

once its back from my uncles, these are my plans:
1. me and vlatko will be basically pulling the entire interior apart and cleaning up, and fixing any problems we might find. im also keen on cleaning out my engine bay, removing grease where there shouldnt be, and putting grease where there should.
2. im gonna pull my dash out and all the components, replace my bulbs in my dash and cluster as theyre hard to see at night
3. i need to repaint some of my panels, my cluster/headunit panel, dash panel, and skirt pannels along the doors (i have a couple blue panels that havnt been painted properly because no primer was used.....
4. ill be converting my headlights to HID's in a nice blue tinge (reffered to as "hi im a ****head" here in australia) i get angry at people who use these in halogen casings becuase of the fact it glares like a mofos
5. replacing my rear lights (e.g reverse, brake, blinkers) with LED bulbs, part
6. fix my interior lighting (map light is poo and my cathode bars are even pooier)
7. hopefully i can afford a headunit and wiring kit for the amps im gonna get WHILE the interior is stripped, so i can run the wires through without being able to see them once the interiors are back in
8. sound dampen the car
9. once i get speakers ill probably have to mod the door panels to get the tweeters in, i shoudl be able to fit 6" speakers in the speaker bays anyway
10. once i get my subs and amps, ill have to get some MDF and make my custom box, not sure how im gonna design it yet, i have a few ideas, but basically boot space is gonna dissappear. there'll be a mount made for the amps where it will sit flush with the boots floor so you can see the top of the amp where all the control knobs are, but not see all the wiring. the brackets holding hte amps will sit in the empty space where my spare tyre used to be.
11. once ive got that stuff done, before i carpet the box ill test to make sure the gargantuan thing fits in my boot (measure twice, cut once) and ill test the sound, and try to find any rattlings in the car. once found i will try to fix the rattles, because its annoying. and ill sound dampen the boot door and whatnot.
12. carpet the box and the amp mounts.
13. cruise around like a mofo
You need new suspension. I would suggest air bag suspension because then you can raise or lower your car based on your needs, it can hold moar, and the air compressor would allow you to run a train horn(s).

I would be wary about the exhaust mawd cuz your a P plater and it would make you a bigger cop magnet.

Get a full HID conversion done properly, cuz they will blind people and be a hazard if done wrong/half done

Wait on the sub system until you get your suspension fixed/beefed up. It will defeat the purpose of having a sub system if you can't even drive the car cuz it's bottoming out.

If you have the will power, do what this guy did to his van, he ran a fridge and tv/dvd/laptop with his system, and he even install solar panels too

http://cheaprvliving.com/Steves_Van_Conversion.html

Don't get rid of your spare tire cuz I know how your tires melt in 'Straya during the summer, and you will prolly need it. Get one of those spare tire holder things you see on off road vehicles for your wagon and be a trend setter. :u

I don't suggest carpet cuz it's a bitch to clean and absorbs anything spilled on it.

Are you able to chip your motor for moar powah in 'Straya? ._.
Report Spam   Logged

Pages: 1 ... 18 19 [20] 21 22 ... 51
  Send this topic  |  Print  

Jump to: