Pokémon X and Y Fan Community
March 28, 2024, 06:31:40 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Home Help Search Arcade Gallery SHOUTBOX Staff List Calendar Members Login Register  

The Automobile Topic

Pages: 1 ... 16 17 [18] 19 20 ... 51
  Send this topic  |  Print  
Author Topic: The Automobile Topic  (Read 5349 times)
Sabotage99
Captain of the 10th Division
Malevolent Murkrow

Level: 22

View Profile
Badges: (View All)
« Reply #255 on: February 05, 2013, 12:57:12 am »

Again, prove it aint all body kits instead of just being all like "you just got to feel it bruv"

i never said "you just got to feel it". if youve been around people who have been involved and have learned alot about the scene, like i have, you wouldnt be slandering the JDM scene.

your not very open minded.....
Report Spam   Logged

I SHALL KILL WITH MY CUTENESS. XD
Go be a golden pony and play with the silvery wolf in those plains.

Coyote Starrk
The Ultimate in Prescribed Drugs
Wrathful Whirlipede

Level: 8

Primera Espada

View Profile
« Reply #256 on: February 05, 2013, 01:00:29 am »

i never said "you just got to feel it". if youve been around people who have been involved and have learned alot about the scene, like i have, you wouldnt be slandering the JDM scene.

your* not very open minded.....
That is what you are saying. I need to go to a car meet and feel what JDM is.

You're* not very descriptive....
Report Spam   Logged

Steel
Shellfish Pokémon
Gallant Gligar

Level: 43

カメックス

View Profile
« Reply #257 on: February 05, 2013, 03:54:58 pm »

That is what you are saying. I need to go to a car meet and feel what JDM is.

You're* not very descriptive....
Nobody ever said anything about putting bass systems or anything in your car.

JDM isn't something that can be easily defined, but it's a term for the passion of Japanese car culture, old and new. And I mean true Japanese car culture. On the outside cars in this culture can range from looking like plain stock cars with 700-1000hp monsters under the hood to having Body kits and team stripes and such.

A lot of JDM is tied with actual track racing, rather than street racing. Some is street racing, but they use actual tuned cars with actual parts like turbos and exhausts and such. None of that flea market it stuff, it has to be good grade stuff from companies like BBS, AEM, Brembo, HKS, etc. and installed properly.

Alot of it comes from the passion of working on the car yourself, doing engine swaps and taking apart the car and putting it back together.

Here is a diagram of a ricer.

Looks wise you can tell by the fake vinyl stickers, and brands of stuff, typically NOS, that aren't actually in the car. It has some stupidly flashy body kit with ugly ricer lights, and rims that can be found at the flea market.

JDM Car, Real Carbon Fibre parts, not painted black, and specially titled wing for aerodynamics. Probably modified engine, and isn't that flashy.

The real JDM is based off styling and stuff popular in the JAPANESE DOMESTIC MARKET

Fake JDM that you think is when people try to copy the Fast and Furious movies but don't modify anything about their car and sling the word around.

JDM isn't always restricted to japanese cars also, Porsches are very popular in JDM culture because of the availability in Japan.

JDM is like Subbed Anime. Straight out of japan with no changes but everyone can understand it.

The fake JDM is like some really ****ty Dub that changes everything about the anime. Those are ricers.
Report Spam   Logged

Coyote Starrk
Wrathful Whirlipede

Primera Espada

View Profile
« Reply #258 on: February 05, 2013, 04:34:18 pm »

Nobody ever said anything about putting bass systems or anything in your car.

JDM isn't something that can be easily defined, but it's a term for the passion of Japanese car culture, old and new. And I mean true Japanese car culture. On the outside cars in this culture can range from looking like plain stock cars with 700-1000hp monsters under the hood to having Body kits and team stripes and such.

A lot of JDM is tied with actual track racing, rather than street racing. Some is street racing, but they use actual tuned cars with actual parts like turbos and exhausts and such. None of that flea market it stuff, it has to be good grade stuff from companies like BBS, AEM, Brembo, HKS, etc. and installed properly.

Alot of it comes from the passion of working on the car yourself, doing engine swaps and taking apart the car and putting it back together.

Here is a diagram of a ricer.

Looks wise you can tell by the fake vinyl stickers, and brands of stuff, typically NOS, that aren't actually in the car. It has some stupidly flashy body kit with ugly ricer lights, and rims that can be found at the flea market.

JDM Car, Real Carbon Fibre parts, not painted black, and specially titled wing for aerodynamics. Probably modified engine, and isn't that flashy.

The real JDM is based off styling and stuff popular in the JAPANESE DOMESTIC MARKET

Fake JDM that you think is when people try to copy the Fast and Furious movies but don't modify anything about their car and sling the word around.

JDM isn't always restricted to japanese cars also, Porsches are very popular in JDM culture because of the availability in Japan.

JDM is like Subbed Anime. Straight out of japan with no changes but everyone can understand it.

The fake JDM is like some really ****ty Dub that changes everything about the anime. Those are ricers.
in japan, they cant have power, so they have body kits, sik paint jobs, and colored tires. this came to light thanks to FF movies.

i am right, jdm is body kits and paint for touge-ing everywhere. ._.
Report Spam   Logged

Steel
Shellfish Pokémon
Gallant Gligar

カメックス

View Profile
« Reply #259 on: February 05, 2013, 05:11:02 pm »

in japan, they cant have power, so they have body kits, sik paint jobs, and colored tires. this came to light thanks to FF movies.

Jesus christ, this is why I can't be freinds with you.
I just explained to you.

Nissan Skyline GTR always had 400hp.
Japanese cars are powerful and light, and that is why they are fast.

Why does it matter what car people like don't be so judgmental.

I could ask why your not screwing your cousin because you like the Dodge Ram, but I don't because I'm not as judgmental.
Report Spam   Logged

Sabotage99
Malevolent Murkrow

View Profile
« Reply #260 on: February 05, 2013, 05:44:45 pm »

I just explained to you.

I could ask why your not screwing your cousin because you like the Dodge Ram, but I don't because I'm not as judgmental.

this, and the last comment are exactly waht i was trying to say. i just couldnt get my words around it because i was frustrated.

again. You're missing the point. you do realise that the FnF movies... are indeed movies?
Report Spam   Logged

Coyote Starrk
Wrathful Whirlipede

Primera Espada

View Profile
« Reply #261 on: February 05, 2013, 06:19:02 pm »

this, and the last comment are exactly waht i was trying to say. i just couldnt get my words around it because i was frustrated.

again. You're missing the point. you do realise that the FnF movies... are indeed movies?
Yes they are movies but the body kits and paint jobs are based on actual JDM scene cars, cuz as I said, in Japan they can't have power except for the very rich who can afford the couple sports cars Japan has, because of huge taxes on them and their engines. They instead have to focus of handling and drifting if they want performance, but most don't, so they instead make them art pieces with all their body kits and colored rubber and paint jobs which became poplar everywhere else because even the most car ignorant people could install them, and others think they are fast with body kits so it's a win win. :\

I just explained to you.

Dude, the Ram is for people who gets stuff done, the Silverado and Fteenthousand are mall crawlers and brotrucks.

Just because one car had power and was all about speed doesn't make every JDM car the same...

In other news, who else wants one of these chick magnets?

Report Spam   Logged

Steel
Shellfish Pokémon
Gallant Gligar

カメックス

View Profile
« Reply #262 on: February 05, 2013, 06:27:27 pm »

Just because one car had power and was all about speed doesn't make every JDM car the same...

Skyline
Supra
Rx-7
AE86
Nissan Silvia
Celica
Impreza
Evolution
3000GT
FRS/BRZ
Datsun 240z
3000zx
S2000
NSX
350Z
370Z
Miata
Chaser
Legnum
Starion
Legacy
MR2
list goes on

The first Impreza and Lancer where faster than ferraris of their day and the Evolution Mr 2004 can keep up with a Lambo Murci.

you don't need horsepower up the ass to have a fast car.

Your very close-minded, and It makes it hard when you want to talk about cars here.

JDM scene isn't about speed and **** all the time, Its about having a good time with clean fun cars. The cars who could, who broke out of their shell.
Compared to the mopey boring Japanese companies these days, these cars get respect because they where solid clean fun drivers cars.

JDM Scene is highly respected for their passionate and fun attitude for racing and they aren't so "we are the best".

Also, Real JDM doesn't exist in the united states.

Report Spam   Logged

Coyote Starrk
Wrathful Whirlipede

Primera Espada

View Profile
« Reply #263 on: February 05, 2013, 06:34:13 pm »

Skyline
Supra
Rx-7
AE86
Nissan Silvia
Celica
Impreza
Evolution
3000GT
FRS/BRZ
Datsun 240z
3000zx
S2000
NSX
350Z
370Z
Miata
Chaser
Legnum
Starion
Legacy
MR2
list goes on

The first Impreza and Lancer where faster than ferraris of their day and the Evolution Mr 2004 can keep up with a Lambo Murci.

Your very close-minded, and It makes it hard when you want to talk about cars here.

JDM scene isn't about speed and **** all the time, Its about having a good time with clean fun cars. The cars who could, who broke out of their shell.
Compared to the mopey boring Japanese companies these days, these cars get respect because they where solid clean fun drivers cars.

JDM Scene is highly respected for their passionate and fun attitude for racing and they aren't so "we are the best".

Datsun is a rebadged Nissan because that's the brand they decided to use to break into murikas car market, and in the worst decision in history involving cars, they changed datsun to nissan causing them to lose sales because people were confused and no one knew what was going on cuz no internets.

And I haven't heard of most of those cars. ._.
Report Spam   Logged

Steel
Shellfish Pokémon
Gallant Gligar

カメックス

View Profile
« Reply #264 on: February 05, 2013, 06:48:46 pm »

Datsun is a rebadged Nissan because that's the brand they decided to use to break into murikas car market, and in the worst decision in history involving cars, they changed datsun to nissan causing them to lose sales because people were confused and no one knew what was going on cuz no internets.

And I haven't heard of most of those cars. ._.
Datsun and Prince motors came to gether in the 1950s to form Nissan.
They struggled but they got grasp of the world market with the 1960s release of the Datsun 240z. They had rocky roads but current day they are doing alright. The don't have problems but they aren't selling the greatest. They are just a "car company" now. They used to work with Renault, as did Chrysler. Chrysler started seeing nissan as competition so they quit Renualt and moved on to Mitsubishi. Mitsubishi helped a bit but they wanted more independence. so now Chrysler worked by itself, almost going bankrupt until Benz bought them, yada yada, you know.

Alot of those cars aren't sold in the US.

Most of those are in the US, but the better cars are less known.

Legnum, Skyline and Chaser aren't sold in the US.

Starion is Chrysler Laser or something in the US, 3000GT is Dodge Stealth in the US,  Silvia S110 and S2 are Datsun/Nissan 200SX,  Silvia s13 with pop up headlights is 240sx, and Silvia S14 is Nissan 240sx.
they are slightly heavier and such, the JDM counterparts are preferred.

Alot of these cars are better in Japan. Subaru Impreza for example had better Turbos in Japan, because no import tax, Silvia had more trims, NSX was mad euntil 2005 with imporvments, and honda NSX > Acura Nsx, Acura NSX was heavier. Honda Intgera had better weight distrub. Etc.

Report Spam   Logged

Coyote Starrk
Wrathful Whirlipede

Primera Espada

View Profile
« Reply #265 on: February 05, 2013, 07:00:25 pm »

Datsun and Prince motors came to gether in the 1950s to form Nissan.
They struggled but they got grasp of the world market with the 1960s release of the Datsun 240z. They had rocky roads but current day they are doing alright. The don't have problems but they aren't selling the greatest. They are just a "car company" now. They used to work with Renault, as did Chrysler. Chrysler started seeing nissan as competition so they quit Renualt and moved on to Mitsubishi. Mitsubishi helped a bit but they wanted more independence. so now Chrysler worked by itself, almost going bankrupt until Benz bought them, yada yada, you know.

Alot of those cars aren't sold in the US.

Most of those are in the US, but the better cars are less known.

Legnum, Skyline and Chaser aren't sold in the US.

Starion is Chrysler Laser or something in the US, 3000GT is Dodge Stealth in the US,  Silvia S110 and S2 are Datsun/Nissan 200SX,  Silvia s13 with pop up headlights is 240sx, and Silvia S14 is Nissan 240sx.
they are slightly heavier and such, the JDM counterparts are preferred.

Alot of these cars are better in Japan. Subaru Impreza for example had better Turbos in Japan, because no import tax, Silvia had more trims, NSX was mad euntil 2005 with imporvments, and honda NSX > Acura Nsx, Acura NSX was heavier. Honda Intgera had better weight distrub. Etc.

Chrysler was actually doing OK because they bought out AMC and got Jeep, which boosted sales and they also got factories in mexico and canadia, which helped them out, MB bought them because they were buying a lot of murikan things, they even bought out Ferd heavy division and renamed it Sterling, and they bought out Freightliner and Canadas Western Star, but then the economy started going south and they left chrysler to it's own devices, and moved Western Star production to murika, and made Freightshaker/WS their main truck brands and the quality nose dived (WS is still top notch though) and Chrysler was bought out by Fiat, and now the quality is better than Cheby, except the 8 speed gearbox which is made by a 3rd party, it almost has enough problems to require a recall. Almost.

We can have Skylines in the US, and we do have them.

Isn't the stealth the Neon?

Never heard of the laser or the others aside from the 240.

The NSX is coming back this year I believe. Looked fat.

The Acura was heavier cuz Acura is the luxury brand so it has to have more luxury things to be luxurious to people. And the Acura symbol is the Honda H on acid.
Report Spam   Logged

Sabotage99
Malevolent Murkrow

View Profile
« Reply #266 on: February 05, 2013, 07:13:57 pm »

Chrysler was actually doing OK because they bought out AMC and got Jeep, which boosted sales and they also got factories in mexico and canadia, which helped them out, MB bought them because they were buying a lot of murikan things, they even bought out Ferd heavy division and renamed it Sterling, and they bought out Freightliner and Canadas Western Star, but then the economy started going south and they left chrysler to it's own devices, and moved Western Star production to murika, and made Freightshaker/WS their main truck brands and the quality nose dived (WS is still top notch though) and Chrysler was bought out by Fiat, and now the quality is better than Cheby, except the 8 speed gearbox which is made by a 3rd party, it almost has enough problems to require a recall. Almost.

We can have Skylines in the US, and we do have them.

Isn't the stealth the Neon?

Never heard of the laser or the others aside from the 240.

The NSX is coming back this year I believe. Looked fat.

The Acura was heavier cuz Acura is the luxury brand so it has to have more luxury things to be luxurious to people. And the Acura symbol is the Honda H on acid.

you have skylines yes. but most are imported. its like australia, 75% of people who own a jdm car have imported it. obviously some cars are an exception to this rule.

Skyline
Supra
Rx-7
AE86
Nissan Silvia
Celica
Impreza
Evolution
3000GT
FRS/BRZ
Datsun 240z
3000zx
S2000
NSX
350Z
370Z
Miata
Chaser
Legnum
Starion
Legacy
MR2
list goes on

the legnum is a bit of a power house. scares me sometimes. but all these cars are in my dream list of cars. ive had this conversation with my mother before, where she has said to me; "if i gave you 50 grand to get a car, you wouldnt go out and buy the supra you want or the silvia" my reply was; "actually, i would, id buy both, and still have 30 grand left over, which i would put into the cars. I would jdm the hell out of the supra, and turn the Silvia into a drift pig and hit the track up."

those cars will always have a place in my heart. i could easily add to that list aswell.

nissan pulsar SSS
gtir

two of my favourites that arent mentioned by most people
Report Spam   Logged

Coyote Starrk
Wrathful Whirlipede

Primera Espada

View Profile
« Reply #267 on: February 05, 2013, 07:19:20 pm »

you have skylines yes. but most are imported. its like australia, 75% of people who own a jdm car have imported it. obviously some cars are an exception to this rule.

the legnum is a bit of a power house. scares me sometimes. but all these cars are in my dream list of cars. ive had this conversation with my mother before, where she has said to me; "if i gave you 50 grand to get a car, you wouldnt go out and buy the supra you want or the silvia" my reply was; "actually, i would, id buy both, and still have 30 grand left over, which i would put into the cars. I would jdm the hell out of the supra, and turn the Silvia into a drift pig and hit the track up."

those cars will always have a place in my heart. i could easily add to that list aswell.

nissan pulsar SSS
gtir

two of my favourites that arent mentioned by most people
All of our Japanese turn good cars are imported in murika cuz it's cheaper to build them pretty much anywhere but here cuz unions. :x
Report Spam   Logged

Sabotage99
Malevolent Murkrow

View Profile
« Reply #268 on: February 05, 2013, 07:24:45 pm »

All of our Japanese turn good cars are imported in murika cuz it's cheaper to build them pretty much anywhere but here cuz unions. :x

theyre usually cheaper purchases overseas too. cars that are around 10'000 dollars second hand on the market here, go for an average of 7k in japan. its good if you have the moeny to import. and import is always gonna be better than its overseas counterpart
Report Spam   Logged

Coyote Starrk
Wrathful Whirlipede

Primera Espada

View Profile
« Reply #269 on: February 05, 2013, 07:30:42 pm »

theyre usually cheaper purchases overseas too. cars that are around 10'000 dollars second hand on the market here, go for an average of 7k in japan. its good if you have the moeny to import. and import is always gonna be better than its overseas counterpart
Well because women keep running over there kids here, car companies have way stricter safety standards in the US than anywhere else, so it's IMPOSSIBLE to make a cheap car here. Any car pretty much gets 1-2K tacked on the price to make up for the safety crap it has to go through to get sold here. It sucks man. We get nothing good in the US ever. :<
Report Spam   Logged

Pages: 1 ... 16 17 [18] 19 20 ... 51
  Send this topic  |  Print  

Jump to: