Pokémon X and Y Fan Community
March 28, 2024, 05:02:14 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Home Help Search Arcade Gallery SHOUTBOX Staff List Calendar Members Login Register  

The Automobile Topic

Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12] 13 14 ... 51
  Send this topic  |  Print  
Author Topic: The Automobile Topic  (Read 5339 times)
Vlatko
Pikachu Boy
Malevolent Murkrow

Level: 26

Pikachu boy!

View Profile
Badges: (View All)
« Reply #165 on: January 22, 2013, 10:46:35 pm »

Don't tell an Australian Ford/Holden to switch to the other side.
It's the biggest rivalry in the auto world, Ford vs Holden.
Ford AUS and Holden are very different from their American counterparts. Unlike The US, they run this country and aren't outclassed and outsold by Japanese cars because Ford and GM treats them as separate companies.

Ford and Holden have the biggest rivalry in the automotive world.
Yeah pretty much haha. I really don't mind to be honest, I love Fords but Holdens are nice as well (the more expensive holdens and what not), it's just that every 2nd kid here owns a crappy holden as they are only worth like $2000, compared to most cars (like Fords which are $12k-15k for the crappier models)
Report Spam   Logged

Coyote Starrk
The Ultimate in Prescribed Drugs
Wrathful Whirlipede

Level: 8

Primera Espada

View Profile
« Reply #166 on: January 22, 2013, 10:47:05 pm »

It's not so much space that I need, like a ute, just more I can carry more than 1 passenger, big boot space and ****. Which this car is perfect. I can fit 2 15" subs in the boot and still have a bunch of boot room for a full load of grocery shopping (once I make the box and all that ill show you guys). And because dad works at ford so he gets discount on fords. Ive always owned a ford in the family ever since I was little so I grew to love them. I somewhat prefer fords > holden because holden are like the redneck car of Australia, because they are cheap and easy to modify and **** so all the cheap asses (we call them bogans in australia, similar to rednecks I guess) have their holdens slammed on 20" wheels with their australian southern cross stickers on the rear window and it looks kinda... scummy.. And because I can't drive a v8 on my P plates (as you can see in the photos). In Australia it's a probationary license (you get it when your 18) and limited to what you can drive and **** (guessing so you dont have new drivers on the road with such powerful cars to hoon around and kill themselves faster, even though you can do that in any car really..)
But holdens so much better, and eventually you will want to mawd your automocar for MOAR POWAH! and smoke everyone all day err day.

Plus ferds suck mang.

Don't tell an Australian Ford/Holden to switch to the other side.
It's the biggest rivalry in the auto world, Ford vs Holden.
Ford AUS and Holden are very different from their American counterparts. Unlike The US, they run this country and aren't outclassed and outsold by Japanese cars because Ford and GM treats them as separate companies.

Ford and Holden have the biggest rivalry in the automotive world.
lolwut?
Report Spam   Logged

Steel
Shellfish Pokémon
Gallant Gligar

Level: 43

カメックス

View Profile
« Reply #167 on: January 22, 2013, 10:55:45 pm »

lolwut?
Big rivarly.
and Ford and Holden operate alot differently. Thats probably why holden isn't mentioned everytime GM needs a bailout from the U.S. Gov.
Holden wants to get out of GM, but they need that money.
Holden is granted money for good cars, while GM takes/gives some cars to Holden.
GM Just reaps Caddillacs,chevy,buick,etc.

Ford gives money to Ford AUS to make cars, and Ford USA/Europe gets some profits.

But these two operate differently.
So mech wise the ferds are different there.
Report Spam   Logged

Coyote Starrk
Wrathful Whirlipede

Primera Espada

View Profile
« Reply #168 on: January 22, 2013, 10:57:21 pm »

Big rivarly.
and Ford and Holden operate alot differently. Thats probably why holden isn't mentioned everytime GM needs a bailout from the U.S. Gov.
Holden wants to get out of GM, but they need that money.
Holden is granted money for good cars, while GM takes/gives some cars to Holden.
GM Just reaps Caddillacs,chevy,buick,etc.

Ford gives money to Ford AUS to make cars, and Ford USA/Europe gets some profits.

But these two operate differently.
So mech wise the ferds are different there.
If Holden is making moniez, why do they need GM? O_o
Report Spam   Logged

Vlatko
Pikachu Boy
Malevolent Murkrow

Pikachu boy!

View Profile
« Reply #169 on: January 22, 2013, 11:10:42 pm »

But holdens so much better, and eventually you will want to mawd your automocar for MOAR POWAH! and smoke everyone all day err day.

Plus ferds suck mang.

lolwut?
Hahahahaha what you saying Fords don't make smoke? xD Nah but Fords are up to par with Holden, it's mainly just your preference on style/feel otherwise if you got enough money for the top dollar ford/holden here (FPV/HSV) they will pretty much be the same speed. They both modify the same, the only reason most people like holdens is because you can get a cheap $2000 one and drop like $10k on the engine and you have a car that "will smoke everyone" (even though it wont). Well that's what it's like here in Australia, finding a cheap Ford Falcon is pretty rare (compared to holdens). Though stock/brand new they are pretty much the same.
Report Spam   Logged

Coyote Starrk
Wrathful Whirlipede

Primera Espada

View Profile
« Reply #170 on: January 22, 2013, 11:20:55 pm »

Hahahahaha what you saying Fords don't make smoke? xD Nah but Fords are up to par with Holden, it's mainly just your preference on style/feel otherwise if you got enough money for the top dollar ford/holden here (FPV/HSV) they will pretty much be the same speed. They both modify the same, the only reason most people like holdens is because you can get a cheap $2000 one and drop like $10k on the engine and you have a car that "will smoke everyone" (even though it wont). Well that's what it's like here in Australia, finding a cheap Ford Falcon is pretty rare (compared to holdens). Though stock/brand new they are pretty much the same.
Well when one car sells more, and theres more of them, value goes down on resale because there's so many. :\

It sounds like Holden bogans are civic ricers. They buy a cheap civic, drop 10K into mawdz, and then cant smoke a minivan, but act like tough shiz.

Holden is still bettar than ferd >:V
Report Spam   Logged

Steel
Shellfish Pokémon
Gallant Gligar

カメックス

View Profile
« Reply #171 on: January 22, 2013, 11:22:14 pm »

If Holden is making moniez, why do they need GM? O_o
They aren't always.
A few times they needed the money.
And Holden needs GM for the more popular SUV market in Australlia.
The big sedan and ute market is way cooler, but the suv market is way more needed.
Report Spam   Logged

Coyote Starrk
Wrathful Whirlipede

Primera Espada

View Profile
« Reply #172 on: January 22, 2013, 11:24:18 pm »

They aren't always.
A few times they needed the money.
And Holden needs GM for the more popular SUV market in Australlia.
The big sedan and ute market is way cooler, but the suv market is way more needed.
Why don't they just take GMs moniez and invest in some R/D for moar SUV's and shiz so they can get away from GM? D:
Report Spam   Logged

Vlatko
Pikachu Boy
Malevolent Murkrow

Pikachu boy!

View Profile
« Reply #173 on: January 22, 2013, 11:31:23 pm »

Well when one car sells more, and theres more of them, value goes down on resale because there's so many. :\

It sounds like Holden bogans are civic ricers. They buy a cheap civic, drop 10K into mawdz, and then cant smoke a minivan, but act like tough shiz.

Holden is still bettar than ferd >:V
Yeah pretty much, Holdens are the australian version of civics. But yeah, Holdens are great for burnouts and skids (they easily lose traction and that sorta stuff, been in many stock holdens which spin easily), but aren't that powerful to actually go fast. Unless you start dropping in lots of money on them.
Report Spam   Logged

Steel
Shellfish Pokémon
Gallant Gligar

カメックス

View Profile
« Reply #174 on: January 22, 2013, 11:33:51 pm »

Why don't they just take GMs moniez and invest in some R/D for moar SUV's and shiz so they can get away from GM? D:
Idk, my knowledge only extends to that fact that GM supplies Holden with the goods and SUVs, and Holden keeps on making some sexy full-size monsters.
also they way they work right now, its guaranteed that they will last aslong as GM does, even longer.
If holden goes alone it might go bad.
Report Spam   Logged

Coyote Starrk
Wrathful Whirlipede

Primera Espada

View Profile
« Reply #175 on: January 22, 2013, 11:36:48 pm »

Yeah pretty much, Holdens are the australian version of civics. But yeah, Holdens are great for burnouts and skids (they easily lose traction and that sorta stuff, been in many stock holdens which spin easily), but aren't that powerful to actually go fast. Unless you start dropping in lots of money on them.
Put tarbo on engine, turn boost up to 35, rip hektik skidz and outrun popo all day ninja! D:<

Seriously, making car go fast aint hard, my old meat manager made his ram 1500 into a beast that can keep up with a ctsv sedan.

Idk, my knowledge only extends to that fact that GM supplies Holden with the goods and SUVs, and Holden keeps on making some sexy full-size monsters.
also they way they work right now, its guaranteed that they will last aslong as GM does, even longer.
If holden goes alone it might go bad.
I wish holden could come to the US. I want one of them vee ate wagons and a ute! Dx
Report Spam   Logged

Vlatko
Pikachu Boy
Malevolent Murkrow

Pikachu boy!

View Profile
« Reply #176 on: January 22, 2013, 11:42:16 pm »

Put tarbo on engine, turn boost up to 35, rip hektik skidz and outrun popo all day ninja! D:<

Seriously, making car go fast aint hard, my old meat manager made his ram 1500 into a beast that can keep up with a ctsv sedan.
I wish holden could come to the US. I want one of them vee ate wagons and a ute! Dx
http://www.news.com.au/national/limited-edition-falcon-gt-fastest-car-ever-for-ford-australia/story-fndo4eg9-1226522171678 not when Australian cops have this..
Report Spam   Logged

Steel
Shellfish Pokémon
Gallant Gligar

カメックス

View Profile
« Reply #177 on: January 22, 2013, 11:47:58 pm »

Interested in the HSV Maloo?
The ultimate version of Holden's ute.
I want one bad.
comes in cooky colours also.
412BHP, 410 lb-ft V8 based on a Corvette's engine.
It's like if the regular Holden Ute had some nails for breakfast and thunder for lunch.
Maloo means thunder.
Report Spam   Logged

Coyote Starrk
Wrathful Whirlipede

Primera Espada

View Profile
« Reply #178 on: January 22, 2013, 11:49:51 pm »

Murican cops have this

http://wheels.blogs.nytimes.com/2009/07/29/police-in-north-carolina-patrol-in-a-corvette/

I want one bad.
It's like if the regular Holden Ute had some nails for breakfast and thunder for lunch.
Maloo means thunder.
It's the current record holder for fastest pickup, it barely beat the ram SRT10. I want one even though I wouldn't fit q_q
Report Spam   Logged

Vlatko
Pikachu Boy
Malevolent Murkrow

Pikachu boy!

View Profile
« Reply #179 on: January 22, 2013, 11:57:22 pm »

I want one bad.
Maloo means thunder.
My mate owned the Holden version of the HSV Maloo, (holden ss ute i believe it's called), he was in love with that thing (wasn't supposed to drive it because he was on his P plates, crashed it within having it for 2 weeks)...
Report Spam   Logged

Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12] 13 14 ... 51
  Send this topic  |  Print  

Jump to: