Pokémon X and Y Fan Community
April 16, 2024, 03:02:53 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Home Help Search Arcade Gallery SHOUTBOX Staff List Calendar Members Login Register  

Evionet's Question of the Day!

Pages: 1 ... 280 281 [282]
  Send this topic  |  Print  
Author Topic: Evionet's Question of the Day!  (Read 30545 times)
Magoo
Princess
Gargantuan Gabite

Level: 34

Wayward Son

View Profile WWW
Badges: (View All)
« Reply #4215 on: June 02, 2013, 03:56:23 pm »

because we are thankfully not a 12 year old beepboop fan

Beepboop? D;
Report Spam   Logged

In the distance, that day, when the star became music.
Arcade Sona Miku
Smile! I love you!
Malevolent Murkrow

Level: 69

Starrk is a mustard butt.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4216 on: June 02, 2013, 11:10:32 pm »

Candies raining down from the sky accumulates much kinetic energy and speed, they'd cause damage of an unknown degree.
**** you and your physics

Candy is good rain <3
Report Spam   Logged
Milky13
Dr.Smiles
Energetic Electabuzz

Level: 24

View Profile
« Reply #4217 on: July 13, 2013, 03:06:53 am »

Today's Question:
If you could change one thing about Modern Society, what would it be?

Racism or any kind of discrimination. It's absolutely stupid and annoying g how people will attack others or judge based on skin color, sexual orientation, nationality or religious views, and it should change.
Report Spam   Logged

Bi people get about 20% more sex than Hetero or Homosexual people because of the minuscule amount of ****s they give.
Arcade Sona Miku
Smile! I love you!
Malevolent Murkrow

Level: 69

Starrk is a mustard butt.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4218 on: July 15, 2013, 02:34:45 am »

Racism or any kind of discrimination. It's absolutely stupid and annoying g how people will attack others or judge based on skin color, sexual orientation, nationality or religious views, and it should change.
I **** KNOW RIGHT
Report Spam   Logged
Aperl
Eccentric Elgyem

Level: 20

View Profile
« Reply #4219 on: July 15, 2013, 06:56:38 am »

Well I believe this is not a problem of Modern Society. It's a human behaviour that has been going on for millenia.
Think about all the religion wars, crusades. Think about slavery. Think about WWII.
If anything, I think today's society is dealing with this better than any generation before us.
Don't think that I believe racism days are over. I am fully aware of the remarks that are said around me, and of those that may cross my mind at times. We're all prejudiced in a different way.
I don't think we can change this in any way, it's just that our capacity as humans to understand and accept concept that are above us isn't always very strong. Galileo was prosecuted for stating things that Copernic later proved as a hero. Nowadays, more and more lesbians and gays are coming out, among them some famous people. We are slowly accepting all of this. It used to be a taboo just to think of kissing a person of the same sex, now it's a reality. It's just that some people aren't ready to assimilate that.
It's the same with everything. I used to despise Facebook, now I'm connected 24/7. I used to hate tablets, but I am now wanting one.
We all have our rhythm of acceptance, and people need to respect that. Still, problem is that some people from both sides are fighting too much while knowing very well that they won't change the opposing party's mind.

What I would change about modern society is how money is driving people. How people are complaining for paying $1000 for a computer that can do basically anything, while proudly buying a $5000 Rolex.
How brands are controlling us. How my parents can renovate the whole house as if they were rich, but then going out of the city to fill car gas because it's 10 cents cheaper. How kids always want more and more stuff that won't give them anything in life. How people are willing to get money, but not work for it.
Capitalism can't be replaced by communism because of laziness. The monetary system isn't wrong. It's our use of it that is.
Report Spam   Logged

WHy do i have a feeling your going to be the serious wise man of the forum Tongue
D:< I hate you! That made WAY to much sense.
Steel
Shellfish Pokémon
Gallant Gligar

Level: 43

カメックス

View Profile
« Reply #4220 on: July 15, 2013, 02:33:09 pm »

What I would change about modern society is how money is driving people. How people are complaining for paying $1000 for a computer that can do basically anything, while proudly buying a $5000 Rolex.
How brands are controlling us. How my parents can renovate the whole house as if they were rich, but then going out of the city to fill car gas because it's 10 cents cheaper. How kids always want more and more stuff that won't give them anything in life. How people are willing to get money, but not work for it.
Capitalism can't be replaced by communism because of laziness. The monetary system isn't wrong. It's our use of it that is.
Whats wrong with any of this though? We've always had currency and it's always driven us. This is nothing "modern".

People go to the city so save money on gas so they have that money to renovate the house. When you know theres a cheaper alternative to a need, most people will go to it, with wants its a different story.
A majority of people NEED cars and NEED gas.
You don't NEED to Renovate your house, but you do it because you want to.
It's the luxury of living in a first world country. We have capitalism. People can work hard to buy things to enhance their lives be it in one way or another, rather than communism where practically everyone is the same, everyone gets the same pay. Sure we get rid of the poor and rich, but are you truly happy? Knowing that you can't aspire to be something more?

Sure Brands control us but is that really wrong at all? It's purely the persons fault if they feel lower because the person above them owns something nicer. That's their fault for caring so much about what other people think. I honestly don't care what people think, but i specifically buy branded products because I know no-name, non branded products always break on me and end up being a waste of money.

Everyone owns an iPod, I got a samsung MP3 player. The Mp3 player didn't have basic features such as playlists, or organizing songs, or even changing the EQ. So I got rid of it, and purchased an iPod. Not because I care about apple, but because what I had wasn't a good product. I could do better for my money.

And sometimes branding isn't that good. My Grandpa purchased a Mercedes a few years ago, because it was a mercedes. In the end it was a horrible excuse for a car as it had constant break downs, chugged gasoline and was poor build quality overall. Along with horrible customer service, he switched it for a Mazda SUV, and to everyone suprise the Mazda was much more safe, comfortable, luxurious, fuel efficent and practical than the Mercedes.

How people are complaining for paying $1000 for a computer that can do basically anything, while proudly buying a $5000 Rolex.
I can see how this kinda relates to me, other than the Rolex part.
But $1000 for a computer that breaks and crashes alot more than it should for the money my mom paid. Is that really wrong? I didn't pay it yes, but then again this was a gift from a couple years ago, but for the money paid we don't expect the god of all computers, but I expect something that wouldn't start going to crap after 2 years.

But I never lost anything. I'm still a social person. I constantly talk to my friends, and when im with my friends i ignore money. Money doesn't consume me, but it's nessecary for society to function.
It's always been necessary.
Even ancient rome had currency.

It seems more like you want laziness to be gone from society. Not branding or money. Just want people to work for things, and not get things they don't deserve.
Report Spam   Logged

Pages: 1 ... 280 281 [282]
  Send this topic  |  Print  

Jump to: