Pokémon X and Y Fan Community
May 30, 2020, 08:00:22 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Home Help Search Arcade Gallery SHOUTBOX Staff List Calendar Members Login Register  

Evionet's Question of the Day!

Pages: 1 ... 280 281 [282]
  Send this topic  |  Print  
Author Topic: Evionet's Question of the Day!  (Read 19388 times)
Aperl
Eccentric Elgyem

Level: 20

View Profile
Badges: (View All)
« Reply #4215 on: July 15, 2013, 06:56:38 am »

Racism or any kind of discrimination. It's absolutely stupid and annoying g how people will attack others or judge based on skin color, sexual orientation, nationality or religious views, and it should change.
Well I believe this is not a problem of Modern Society. It's a human behaviour that has been going on for millenia.
Think about all the religion wars, crusades. Think about slavery. Think about WWII.
If anything, I think today's society is dealing with this better than any generation before us.
Don't think that I believe racism days are over. I am fully aware of the remarks that are said around me, and of those that may cross my mind at times. We're all prejudiced in a different way.
I don't think we can change this in any way, it's just that our capacity as humans to understand and accept concept that are above us isn't always very strong. Galileo was prosecuted for stating things that Copernic later proved as a hero. Nowadays, more and more lesbians and gays are coming out, among them some famous people. We are slowly accepting all of this. It used to be a taboo just to think of kissing a person of the same sex, now it's a reality. It's just that some people aren't ready to assimilate that.
It's the same with everything. I used to despise Facebook, now I'm connected 24/7. I used to hate tablets, but I am now wanting one.
We all have our rhythm of acceptance, and people need to respect that. Still, problem is that some people from both sides are fighting too much while knowing very well that they won't change the opposing party's mind.

What I would change about modern society is how money is driving people. How people are complaining for paying $1000 for a computer that can do basically anything, while proudly buying a $5000 Rolex.
How brands are controlling us. How my parents can renovate the whole house as if they were rich, but then going out of the city to fill car gas because it's 10 cents cheaper. How kids always want more and more stuff that won't give them anything in life. How people are willing to get money, but not work for it.
Capitalism can't be replaced by communism because of laziness. The monetary system isn't wrong. It's our use of it that is.
Report Spam   Logged

WHy do i have a feeling your going to be the serious wise man of the forum Tongue
D:< I hate you! That made WAY to much sense.
Pages: 1 ... 280 281 [282]
  Send this topic  |  Print  

Jump to: