Pokémon X and Y Fan Community
March 29, 2024, 09:54:19 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Home Help Search Arcade Gallery SHOUTBOX Staff List Calendar Members Login Register  

Legend of Zelda Topic

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 22
  Send this topic  |  Print  
Author Topic: Legend of Zelda Topic  (Read 4972 times)
Arcade Sona Miku
Smile! I love you!
Malevolent Murkrow

Level: 69

Starrk is a mustard butt.

View Profile WWW
Badges: (View All)
« on: December 30, 2011, 04:08:10 am »

Discuss any game from the LoZ series such as Twilight Princess and Ocarina of Time here.

Atm I'm playing Skyward Sword~
Report Spam   Logged

Share on Facebook Share on Twitter

Jack Skellington
The Pumpkin King of Halloween is at your service.
Malevolent Murkrow

Level: 25

There are few who deny it, what I do I am the best

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: December 30, 2011, 08:02:09 am »

Let me ask you guys something:

I have Twight Princess. I have been stuck on the same part for two years. That part is in the beginning. When you have go catch a fish to attract the cat to the woman. I can't catch a fish. Help.
Report Spam   Logged

DAF
Sassy Snivy

Level: 14

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 30, 2011, 08:10:44 am »

I have Twight Princess. I have been stuck on the same part for two years. That part is in the beginning. When you have go catch a fish to attract the cat to the woman. I can't catch a fish. Help.
Wut? Two years...?

A little long much?  Never mind. First off, are you playing it on the Wii, or on the GameCube?
Report Spam   Logged
Arcade Sona Miku
Smile! I love you!
Malevolent Murkrow

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: December 30, 2011, 08:20:29 am »

Everyone I know that's played the game has all gotten stuck on that bit. Including me.

Everyone that I mentioned, also did it by doing whatever-the-hell-they-felt-like and got lucky with the fishies.

I have no idea how the fishing mechanics work. I place my bait in the water and wait for one to bite. No, it's not going to take a minute. You might be waiting freaking 10. but when you catch the fish, just reel it out with the wii remote like its a fishing rod, but one-handed. done.
Report Spam   Logged
DAF
Sassy Snivy

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 30, 2011, 08:30:50 am »

Everyone I know that's played the game has all gotten stuck on that bit. Including me.

Everyone that I mentioned, also did it by doing whatever-the-hell-they-felt-like and got lucky with the fishies.

I have no idea how the fishing mechanics work. I place my bait in the water and wait for one to bite. No, it's not going to take a minute. You might be waiting freaking 10. but when you catch the fish, just reel it out with the wii remote like its a fishing rod, but one-handed. done.
I don't think it takes minutes for this short quest. But do you need the nun-chuck to reel fish in? I'm a try it out now and see if I can help a bit on this.
Report Spam   Logged
Arcade Sona Miku
Smile! I love you!
Malevolent Murkrow

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: December 30, 2011, 09:57:08 am »

I don't think it takes minutes for this short quest. But do you need the nun-chuck to reel fish in? I'm a try it out now and see if I can help a bit on this.
well i just used the wii remote
Report Spam   Logged
Jack Skellington
Malevolent Murkrow

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 30, 2011, 10:01:23 am »

I'm playing it on the wii. It is hard. The parts I really like in that game is the leaf whistling
Report Spam   Logged

Arcade Sona Miku
Smile! I love you!
Malevolent Murkrow

View Profile WWW
« Reply #7 on: December 30, 2011, 10:39:29 am »

I'm playing it on the wii. It is hard. The parts I really like in that game is the leaf whistling
Twilight Princess's difficulty was your average zelda game's difficulty, maybe slightly harder.

Skyward Sword is somewhat more challenging than all the Zelda games I've played before, but not very difficult. (At least, up to where I am. Beaten fourth dungeon, preparations into getting into the fifth.)

You have 7 ways of cutting your opponent. (Or 8, if cutting vertically from below is possible, but the game has never suggested me do that, nor have I bothered to test it out)
And some enemies defend according to the position of your sword. Although this really is no issue since all you have to do is spam a chain of slashes from different angles until you hit them once, at which point, you keep hitting them until they fall down and then you deal a final blow.

Doesn't work on all normal enemies, but there's always an easy way to dispose of any enemy. Only exception I've really found so far is Stalmaster, but it was a 1 vs 1 fight so all my attention was focused on one enemy. Makes the victim dead as can be.
Report Spam   Logged
DAF
Sassy Snivy

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: December 30, 2011, 12:57:24 pm »

I was bored and started fishing in TP, but I'm not sure if common or rare, but when fishing I found a Bag Of Rupees (approximately 20 Rupees). Has this happened to anyone else?
Report Spam   Logged
Chaos
Effeminate pansy with no social skills
Gutsy Golbat

Level: 17

Hmm...

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: December 30, 2011, 07:46:57 pm »

Twilight Princess's difficulty was your average zelda game's difficulty, maybe slightly harder.

Skyward Sword is somewhat more challenging than all the Zelda games I've played before, but not very difficult. (At least, up to where I am. Beaten fourth dungeon, preparations into getting into the fifth.)

You have 7 ways of cutting your opponent. (Or 8, if cutting vertically from below is possible, but the game has never suggested me do that, nor have I bothered to test it out)
And some enemies defend according to the position of your sword. Although this really is no issue since all you have to do is spam a chain of slashes from different angles until you hit them once, at which point, you keep hitting them until they fall down and then you deal a final blow.

Doesn't work on all normal enemies, but there's always an easy way to dispose of any enemy. Only exception I've really found so far is Stalmaster, but it was a 1 vs 1 fight so all my attention was focused on one enemy. Makes the victim dead as can be.
Really? I found TP to really easy.
Also Kaiba for the cat thing, just catch 2 fish and the cat will go home on it's own.
Report Spam   Logged

Magoo
Princess
Gargantuan Gabite

Level: 34

Wayward Son

View Profile WWW
« Reply #10 on: December 30, 2011, 09:49:12 pm »

I'm still playing through my first run of Skyward Sword.
Even though I got it at launch.
Got stuff to do y'know.

Also playing through Ocarina of Time 3D which is a work of art. :3
Report Spam   Logged

In the distance, that day, when the star became music.
darkgale
Bold Bagon

Level: 8

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: December 30, 2011, 10:30:06 pm »

I beat skyward sword a while ago.
The story was great (especially the ending and the character dev.), the gameplay was more strategic  (w/wii motion plus),
the music was nice capturing the feel of moments well, and the world was well developed.
It's definitely one of my favorite games.
I got 20 hearts and completed all the gratitude crystal quests so I think I'm done with most of it.
Probably not gonna do hero mode any time soon since the only main difference seems to be the difficulty.
I'm also playing ocarina of time 3D atm and I'm at the 2nd dungeon.
Report Spam   Logged
Jack Skellington
Malevolent Murkrow

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: December 30, 2011, 10:56:20 pm »

I just don't get Zelda games
Report Spam   Logged

Arcade Sona Miku
Smile! I love you!
Malevolent Murkrow

View Profile WWW
« Reply #13 on: December 31, 2011, 01:42:32 am »

Really? I found TP to really easy.
I was comparing TP's difficulty to other zelda games. I wasn't saying it was hard.
Report Spam   Logged
Chaos
Effeminate pansy with no social skills
Gutsy Golbat

Level: 17

Hmm...

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: December 31, 2011, 05:18:14 am »

I was comparing TP's difficulty to other zelda games. I wasn't saying it was hard.
Oh.. Well, still then, it's still one of the easier ones compared to ones like A Link to the Past and Majora's Mask.
I haven't played Skyward Sword yet, (No WM+ -_-) so I can't comment on it's difficulty.
Report Spam   Logged

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 22
  Send this topic  |  Print  

Jump to: