Pokémon X and Y Fan Community
April 15, 2024, 11:01:05 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Home Help Search Arcade Gallery SHOUTBOX Staff List Calendar Members Login Register  

Small Suggestions Thread

Pages: 1 ... 41 42 [43]
  Send this topic  |  Print  
Author Topic: Small Suggestions Thread  (Read 8499 times)
Steel
Shellfish Pokémon
Gallant Gligar

Level: 43

カメックス

View Profile
Badges: (View All)
« Reply #630 on: August 11, 2013, 09:42:17 pm »

Pokemon of the Week and Question of the Week are not articles. They're simply questions/copypastas. That's not a text.

Nobody is the article writer. As Jcb is the Admin, we just assumed that responsibility was meant to fall on his shoulders. Do you think the director of every newspaper is the one writing articles? No. There are people who ask him to publish their texts. This is how things work. So if what you suggest is not done, don't complain.

There are people who say things and get other people to sign their Facebook petitions, and therer are people who actually do things. Which kind of person are you?
I'm personally a doer, I'm working several hours a day on writing programming lessons for people who stopped caring the very day they joined. I'm not going to fight against that. But I keep doing.

There is no lack of support. You're asking people to do what you want, and all you suggest to do yourself is post more. And by the way mass-reviving dozens of topics without actually participating is once again telling everyone to do the job while you take it easy.

I'm always writing more than you do, so don't think you've done more work than everyone. I've done more work disproving your arguments than you've done writing them.

You said that you made the Twitter account, but someone else was "in charge". And when you saw nothing was happening, did you take appropriate measures so that news would be there on time? Nope. Evionet's Twitter died within days. Same can be said about any kind of contest or project that has been started.

Stop saying, stop suggesting, stop complaining, and actually do something. But is it too much to ask, wanting you to do what you wanted others to?
Rosim stop being so freaking cynical about everything, and how about you actually pay attention to what I do instead of criticizing everything.

I'm not going to go out and say "I did this" and "I did that", because I don't want to seem like some **** who takes credit for everything.
I don't think you remember, but last I checked it was me who talked to JCB about the forum's situation and not you.
It was me who talked to JCB about the mods situation and not you.

I created the Evionet Twitter. I bumped a bunch of topics. I tried to rally support for everyone to pitch in and help.

But what the hell? Is that not enough? Do you want me to post every single tweet? While I post a bunch of replies to myself, and then tell myself to keep doing it?

The reason why I quit every single time is because of people like you. Unappreciative of everything I do, not noticing that I'm trying to help you people and not do this for my benefit.

And so what if you write more? Does that automatically make you the genius of the world? A man who can make his point in fewer words is more efficient than the man who has to write a novel to express half of his thoughts.

Mag is right, It's not my responsibility to care for the site. I'm not the admin. I'm not a mod. I'm just a member, like you. I have no significant power over anybody. But I try to rally up support for people to do things.
For example, I suggested that the site needed some visual change.
I suggested to James to go ahead with a Pokemon LP to advertise the site.
Sato suggested he could post on reddit, and I supported him.

I don't like blaming everything on JCB, and I try not to, infact I prefer I don't as it stirs uneeded tension. But it's the role of an Admin to care for the site. If I had a complaint at work, I'd take it to the head of the office, or atleast his secretary.
He may not have to write articles, but does he have anyone do it for him? He has to input the text that somebody wrote into the main page. Like it or not, hes the middleman, and there is no changing it unless someone else is given access to the front page's customization features.

I'm not asking for people to do everything for me, if whoever reading this takes what I say as, I just ask for a little help.

Rosim, you can be cynical and rude all you want, but you have to remember. I don't HAVE to do anything. I don't HAVE any responsibility. I do it because I WANT to help the site.
Report Spam   Logged

Steel
Shellfish Pokémon
Gallant Gligar

カメックス

View Profile
« Reply #631 on: August 11, 2013, 10:24:52 pm »

[finished on skype]
Report Spam   Logged

Aperl
Eccentric Elgyem

Level: 20

View Profile
« Reply #632 on: August 11, 2013, 10:28:14 pm »

As we're discussing that over Skype, I won't add anything. I've reported a post of this conversation (not being able to report mine). I've already done too much harm. :/
Well fought, though. Brilliant.
I'm still not sure that all what you suggest will end up being the recipe for new members, but hey, you've proved to everyone the reasoning behind your intentions. Doesn't it feel good from time to time to just write everything?

EDIT: No sarcasm intended, seriously.
Report Spam   Logged

WHy do i have a feeling your going to be the serious wise man of the forum Tongue
D:< I hate you! That made WAY to much sense.
Steel
Shellfish Pokémon
Gallant Gligar

カメックス

View Profile
« Reply #633 on: August 11, 2013, 10:32:22 pm »

As we're discussing that over Skype, I won't add anything. I've reported a post of this conversation (not being able to report mine). I've already done too much harm. :/
Well fought, though. Brilliant.
I'm still not sure that all what you suggest will end up being the recipe for new members, but hey, you've proved to everyone the reasoning behind your intentions. Doesn't it feel good from time to time to just write everything?

A man who can make his point in fewer words is more efficient than the man who has to write a novel to express half of his thoughts.
10/10 is what i vote this
I made it myself
now off to skyrim
Report Spam   Logged

Pages: 1 ... 41 42 [43]
  Send this topic  |  Print  

Jump to: