Pokémon X and Y Fan Community
March 29, 2024, 03:03:31 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Home Help Search Arcade Gallery SHOUTBOX Staff List Calendar Members Login Register  

Quick Competitive Questions Thread

Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6]
  Send this topic  |  Print  
Author Topic: Quick Competitive Questions Thread  (Read 2214 times)
Teenage Mutant Ninja Squirtles
Squirtle PowA!!!!!!!!!
Magical Misdreavus

Level: 6

View Profile
Badges: (View All)
« Reply #75 on: January 19, 2013, 12:50:12 pm »

Should I even bother with IV's? I mean, I have EV's pretty much memorized... but IV's... I just can't wrap my head around it o_O I just don't know...

Yes you should bother. the difference between 0 IVs and 31 Ivs is 31 stats which is a lot. It can make the difference between a KO or getting KO'd. I'm not saying that you have to have them perfect, but at least try to get the 22+ (so that its less than 10 stats different). Though I would recomend getting 30+ in speed as going first will make a huge difference. To be honest, its not hard to IV breed. It was made really easy since HGSS. All you need is a power item (depending on what IV you want to pass on. For exampe, the power item for speed, give it to the parent and the speed IV is passed down) and a Ditto with perfect IVs (you can find them online or if I can get a clone, I can give you one). A Ditto with 31 IVS across will allow you to pick one to pass down (with the corresponding power item). Also, 3 random, additional IVs are passed down from the parents (not each, but together. For example, one parent might pass down 3 and the other none or one might pass down 2 and the other 1). Hope this helps
Report Spam   Logged

Murican Jakler
Member 49: That Weird Guy in The Corner
Eccentric Elgyem

Level: 22

Muricah.

View Profile
« Reply #76 on: January 19, 2013, 01:24:24 pm »

Yes you should bother. the difference between 0 IVs and 31 Ivs is 31 stats which is a lot. It can make the difference between a KO or getting KO'd. I'm not saying that you have to have them perfect, but at least try to get the 22+ (so that its less than 10 stats different). Though I would recomend getting 30+ in speed as going first will make a huge difference. To be honest, its not hard to IV breed. It was made really easy since HGSS. All you need is a power item (depending on what IV you want to pass on. For exampe, the power item for speed, give it to the parent and the speed IV is passed down) and a Ditto with perfect IVs (you can find them online or if I can get a clone, I can give you one). A Ditto with 31 IVS across will allow you to pick one to pass down (with the corresponding power item). Also, 3 random, additional IVs are passed down from the parents (not each, but together. For example, one parent might pass down 3 and the other none or one might pass down 2 and the other 1). Hope this helps

Yeah, it did help, thank you. Also, I heard that it can be easier... or easy-ish to get some Ditto from the Giant Chasm and get the perfect IVs there, but is that true? And if so, shoudl I jsut use an IV calculator to make sure?
Report Spam   Logged

Teenage Mutant Ninja Squirtles
Squirtle PowA!!!!!!!!!
Magical Misdreavus

Level: 6

View Profile
« Reply #77 on: January 19, 2013, 02:05:20 pm »

Yeah, it did help, thank you. Also, I heard that it can be easier... or easy-ish to get some Ditto from the Giant Chasm and get the perfect IVs there, but is that true? And if so, shoudl I jsut use an IV calculator to make sure?
You can't just catch a pokemon and have it with 31 IVs across every time. Everything is determined as the battle starts and the IVs will be random. Sure there is a chance of 31 IVs, just like the time when I took up chaining for shinies and found a shiny on my second battle encounter but that was extremely unlikely. Like I said before, just look online for one. Thats what I did. Smiley
Report Spam   Logged

Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6]
  Send this topic  |  Print  

Jump to: