Pokémon X and Y Fan Community
April 18, 2024, 12:27:29 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Home Help Search Arcade Gallery SHOUTBOX Staff List Calendar Members Login Register  

General RPing Discussion Thread

Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7
  Send this topic  |  Print  
Author Topic: General RPing Discussion Thread  (Read 2384 times)
Abigail
Member 12 ~ Super High School Level Baseball Player
Wrathful Whirlipede

Level: 65

View Profile
Badges: (View All)
« Reply #75 on: March 12, 2013, 01:36:46 am »

Alright... There's a reason that I don't join/never continue doing the rps here... It's just that everyone here writes so much and does everything so well... And, well, I just am really worried that my posts won't meet the expectations set by all the other Rpers... Seriously... Every time I'm in an RP, most people's normal posts are over twice as long as my longest post... I just can't handle that feeling when I RP with you guys and that's why I drop out of them... I'm sorry if this disappoints you, or makes you happy, or shocks you, or whatever. I posted this because people are complaining about the lack of activity. This is my reason.
Report Spam   Logged

I didn't come out of a comatose state just to help you build a fucking tent.

Those plastic flamingos get very frisky this time of year.
Steel
Shellfish Pokémon
Gallant Gligar

Level: 43

カメックス

View Profile
« Reply #76 on: March 12, 2013, 04:15:58 pm »

I stopped because of my failure of creativity, loss of interest and time.

I just can't push myself to make more posts here, because I can't think of any, and overall I don't have as much interest as I used to.
Report Spam   Logged

Vansalon
( `≧ω≦´)
Loyal Lotad

Level: 709

( `≧ω≦´)

View Profile
« Reply #77 on: April 12, 2013, 04:10:18 pm »

So we got to talking about RPs on Skype. Aryeh was talking about an RP idea and we also talked about reviving Pokemon War. I'm currently trying to think of something too.
Report Spam   Logged

It's like your on the road to being a goth and you're mostly there, but are perpetuallly stopped at an Ice Cream Parlour or something
REECHEE
Roses are red, Violets are blue. Omae wa mo, shindeiru~
Devious Dusclops

Level: 37

Ore no namae wa REECHEE-chan desu, douzo yoroshiku

View Profile WWW
« Reply #78 on: April 12, 2013, 08:23:25 pm »

So we got to talking about RPs on Skype. Aryeh was talking about an RP idea and we also talked about reviving Pokemon War. I'm currently trying to think of something too.

I'm gonna repeat what I always say about Aryeh's ideas... They're all FANTASTIC, but for God knows why they always croak so early. :c
Report Spam   Logged

"Two Wrongs Don't Make a Right, but Three Lefts Do".
Don't take too much heed into my words...
          ?
$      _$$_       $
T-+-(O++O)-+-T
*Chandelure is watching you...
"This hand of mine sparkles with a fabulous power; its shining grip tells me to dazzle you! FABULOUS FINGER!"
Richie was born a female, he posts about his transition into manhood and the struggles he goes through. He's a real inspiration Q_Q
Thanks, I needed an Implied "Kick in the Pants".
Atomica
The humor is so sharp, so witty, so subtle, in fact, that you'd almost swear there wasn't any at all.
Global Moderator
Devious Dusclops

Level: 38

Pokémon Friend Code:: Black: 1635 3527 0646

Boba Fett sucks

View Profile
« Reply #79 on: April 13, 2013, 10:07:11 am »

I'm gonna repeat what I always say about Aryeh's ideas... They're all FANTASTIC, but for God knows why they always croak so early. :c
Thanks man Smiley
I have some awesome ideas in my head and both Daniel and Vansalon have some good stuff too, but we need to have more of us to keep interested and remember to check the rp topic daily.  I don't want to keep wasting my ideas by having them die, so I won't do it until I know people will stay with it.
Report Spam   Logged

Pull List: Smallville Season #11, The Phantom Stranger, Arrow, Avengers, Doctor Who: Prisoners of Time, Trinity of Sin Pandora, New Avengers, Justice League, Justice League Dark, Justice League of America
Events: Infinity, Forever Evil
RSC Cooper Inc
Don't live to make people happy, but to inspire happiness.
Global Moderator
Eccentric Elgyem

Level: 22

Currently going crazy

View Profile
« Reply #80 on: April 14, 2013, 07:07:53 pm »

Alright... There's a reason that I don't join/never continue doing the rps here... It's just that everyone here writes so much and does everything so well... And, well, I just am really worried that my posts won't meet the expectations set by all the other Rpers... Seriously... Every time I'm in an RP, most people's normal posts are over twice as long as my longest post... I just can't handle that feeling when I RP with you guys and that's why I drop out of them... I'm sorry if this disappoints you, or makes you happy, or shocks you, or whatever. I posted this because people are complaining about the lack of activity. This is my reason.

I don't know why I didn't read this before but I have some advice for you. I felt exactly the same way when we started the PWT roleplay. But then, somehow I started writing and writing and writing, and I got into making full-scale posts. It takes a little bit to get into the rhythm, but it gets much easier. You just have to start thinking of your own ideas and how they can apply to world; maybe not the plot itself.

Would anyone else want to try to completely reboot this idea? I want to try a Pokemon story where we chronicle from when Pokemon start coming into our world. I don't want to have to limit it to Pittsburgh like I originally had planned.

WAIT A MINUTE. Awesome idea just struck me. What if we roleplay, but we play as ourselves. We tell the story as if we were just explaining how our regular lives went, just altered somewhat. I'm talking about school, work, IRL friends, day-to-day drama, and especially our interactions with each other here on Evionet itself! The main plot could be that we each find a Pokemon or two and we actually talk about it on the ToT. Then we could all meet up "IRL" but actually in the roleplay. Somehow, we would discover that the Pokemon World is merging with ours farther than just Evionet. Evolution stones are being dug up, a few wild Pokemon sightings have been reported, and other kinds of Pokemon elements show up as well.

EDIT: This might be better used in the Subnet, since real-life stuff would be used
Report Spam   Logged

Please help me level up my 1000th Fusemon Pokeball!
REECHEE
Devious Dusclops

View Profile WWW
« Reply #81 on: April 14, 2013, 08:19:01 pm »

I don't know why I didn't read this before but I have some advice for you. I felt exactly the same way when we started the PWT roleplay. But then, somehow I started writing and writing and writing, and I got into making full-scale posts. It takes a little bit to get into the rhythm, but it gets much easier. You just have to start thinking of your own ideas and how they can apply to world; maybe not the plot itself.

Would anyone else want to try to completely reboot this idea? I want to try a Pokemon story where we chronicle from when Pokemon start coming into our world. I don't want to have to limit it to Pittsburgh like I originally had planned.

WAIT A MINUTE. Awesome idea just struck me. What if we roleplay, but we play as ourselves. We tell the story as if we were just explaining how our regular lives went, just altered somewhat. I'm talking about school, work, IRL friends, day-to-day drama, and especially our interactions with each other here on Evionet itself! The main plot could be that we each find a Pokemon or two and we actually talk about it on the ToT. Then we could all meet up "IRL" but actually in the roleplay. Somehow, we would discover that the Pokemon World is merging with ours farther than just Evionet. Evolution stones are being dug up, a few wild Pokemon sightings have been reported, and other kinds of Pokemon elements show up as well.

EDIT: This might be better used in the Subnet, since real-life stuff would be used
I think that idea might work, except the problem with people giving out information like that.
As well as our usual lives being generally too boring to turn into stories. (no offense)
Report Spam   Logged

?
$      _$$_       $
T-+-(O++O)-+-T
"This hand of mine sparkles with a fabulous power; its shining grip tells me to dazzle you! FABULOUS FINGER!"
Richie was born a female, he posts about his transition into manhood and the struggles he goes through. He's a real inspiration Q_Q
Abigail
Member 12 ~ Super High School Level Baseball Player
Wrathful Whirlipede

Level: 65

View Profile
« Reply #82 on: April 14, 2013, 08:34:53 pm »

Holy fuck I would do that
That's an amazing idea
I love it
c:
Report Spam   Logged

I didn't come out of a comatose state just to help you build a fucking tent.

Those plastic flamingos get very frisky this time of year.
RSC Cooper Inc
Global Moderator
Eccentric Elgyem

Currently going crazy

View Profile
« Reply #83 on: April 14, 2013, 08:42:01 pm »

I think that idea might work, except the problem with people giving out information like that.
As well as our usual lives being generally too boring to turn into stories. (no offense)

Of course, no one has to give out completely real info. No one will know if it's real stuff or not, unless otherwise mentioned. I definitely won't use all real stuff. I probably won't use my IRL name either since I haven't given that out(but of course, it's been found by certain people). The only reason I suggest use of the Subnet is the fact that people will most likely want to use real info that should stay in the Subnet. And of course, the cool part isn't our actual lives, but the fact that they're going through massive changes due to the appearance of Pokemon.

There wouldn't exactly be a direct plot. We can work on it together as the story continues. I'll brainstorm some plot ideas and try to put stuff together for tomorrow.
Report Spam   Logged

REECHEE
Devious Dusclops

View Profile WWW
« Reply #84 on: April 14, 2013, 09:09:55 pm »

Of course, no one has to give out completely real info. No one will know if it's real stuff or not, unless otherwise mentioned. I definitely won't use all real stuff. I probably won't use my IRL name either since I haven't given that out(but of course, it's been found by certain people). The only reason I suggest use of the Subnet is the fact that people will most likely want to use real info that should stay in the Subnet. And of course, the cool part isn't our actual lives, but the fact that they're going through massive changes due to the appearance of Pokemon.

There wouldn't exactly be a direct plot. We can work on it together as the story continues. I'll brainstorm some plot ideas and try to put stuff together for tomorrow.
Ah, I see.
You've had my curiosity, sir; but now you have my attention.
Report Spam   Logged

?
$      _$$_       $
T-+-(O++O)-+-T
Atomica
The humor is so sharp, so witty, so subtle, in fact, that you'd almost swear there wasn't any at all.
Global Moderator
Devious Dusclops

Boba Fett sucks

View Profile
« Reply #85 on: April 15, 2013, 10:26:04 am »

If people are interested in rping and will stick with it, then Daniel, Vansalon and I will share our cool ideas that we've been discussing

Honestly I'm not feeling an rp where we are actually ourselves in real world though... we need an rp where it's easy to get together quickly cos some other people were saying how it's hard to rp without other peoples around helping eachother.  An rp like that would be the opposite of what we want.
Report Spam   Logged

Pull List: Smallville Season #11, The Phantom Stranger, Arrow, Avengers, Doctor Who: Prisoners of Time, Trinity of Sin Pandora, New Avengers, Justice League, Justice League Dark, Justice League of America
REECHEE
Devious Dusclops

View Profile WWW
« Reply #86 on: April 15, 2013, 12:52:39 pm »

We also need an RP where most or all of prior information is easy to understand, as I found with my SOW RPs, people typically don't like using their imagination to forward a story. SOW and SOU were supposed to be build upon my ideas (which was the backbone) and everyone elses' inspirations, but whenever someone did, they left it or the idea couldn't stick. :c

I mean, other than Aryeh's character, whom I fail to remember the name, attempted to destroy one of the worlds, which is hilarious because I planned that to happen but he did it anyways. c:
Report Spam   Logged

?
$      _$$_       $
T-+-(O++O)-+-T
Atomica
Global Moderator
Devious Dusclops

Boba Fett sucks

View Profile
« Reply #87 on: April 15, 2013, 02:14:10 pm »

We also need an RP where most or all of prior information is easy to understand, as I found with my SOW RPs, people typically don't like using their imagination to forward a story. SOW and SOU were supposed to be build upon my ideas (which was the backbone) and everyone elses' inspirations, but whenever someone did, they left it or the idea couldn't stick. :c

I mean, other than Aryeh's character, whom I fail to remember the name, attempted to destroy one of the worlds, which is hilarious because I planned that to happen but he did it anyways. c:
I dont think that was me, cos I didnt join that rp.  ok I think I joined the first one but was only there for like the first couple of pages and didnt really do much at all.

but yeah we need an rp that will be easy for people to jump on the backs of those who us who like coming up with stuff.
Report Spam   Logged

RSC Cooper Inc
Global Moderator
Eccentric Elgyem

Currently going crazy

View Profile
« Reply #88 on: April 15, 2013, 09:54:18 pm »

If people are interested in rping and will stick with it, then Daniel, Vansalon and I will share our cool ideas that we've been discussing

Honestly I'm not feeling an rp where we are actually ourselves in real world though... we need an rp where it's easy to get together quickly cos some other people were saying how it's hard to rp without other peoples around helping eachother.  An rp like that would be the opposite of what we want.

already thought of the transportation issue. I plan to make sure at least one of the Pokemon has a transportation ability(probably teleport) that can help us get together quickly. Also, this isn't going to be completely realistic. Someone could randomly find a small fortune somehow and help finance plane tickets XD
Report Spam   Logged

Chaos
Effeminate pansy with no social skills
Gutsy Golbat

Level: 17

Hmm...

View Profile
« Reply #89 on: April 23, 2013, 12:00:51 am »

bump
Report Spam   Logged

Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7
  Send this topic  |  Print