Pokémon X and Y Fan Community
March 29, 2024, 02:18:50 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Home Help Search Arcade Gallery SHOUTBOX Staff List Calendar Members Login Register  

Which website? (All members please vote)

Poll
Question: Course of action?  (Voting closed: October 14, 2013, 07:03:45 pm)
Stay on Evionet - 3 (18.8%)
Tentative Move to Ludicom while keeping both sites going - 9 (56.3%)
Move to Ludicom - 4 (25%)
Total Voters: 16

Pages: 1 2 3 [4]
  Send this topic  |  Print  
Author Topic: Which website? (All members please vote)  (Read 1341 times)
Atomica
The humor is so sharp, so witty, so subtle, in fact, that you'd almost swear there wasn't any at all.
Global Moderator
Devious Dusclops

Level: 38

Pokémon Friend Code:: Black: 1635 3527 0646

Boba Fett sucks

View Profile
Badges: (View All)
« Reply #45 on: October 08, 2013, 09:54:40 am »

The XY stuff I want to do is the kind of thing I can post twice too (if it's everywhere, more people will see it)
Report Spam   Logged

Pull List: Smallville Season #11, The Phantom Stranger, Arrow, Avengers, Doctor Who: Prisoners of Time, Trinity of Sin Pandora, New Avengers, Justice League, Justice League Dark, Justice League of America
Events: Infinity, Forever Evil
Majestic
Battling Master
Hungry Hippopotas

Level: 8

View Profile WWW
« Reply #46 on: October 08, 2013, 10:12:54 am »

Right, I'm just going to say my piece here, please do not take offense if this affects any of you.

First of all, we literally wouldn't survive another move. Just think about it - not every current Evionet member actually would move, meaning we drop members there. I don't know why anyone seems to think that returning to Ludicom would bring back old members because, at the end of the day, it's the community itself that people would want to return to; the actual url of the site doesn't matter. If they wanted to come back then they would have done already. Also we'd be losing all of the posts and topics that we've built up here - such as the XY board - and it would be a real shame to lose that (I've seen the board on Ludicom and it's just a copy of the topics we already have!) for no reason.

Now, as for nostalgia, I can see why many people would in effect want to 'return to their roots', but as I've already stated ultimately it's the family that we've built that matters, and it doesn't really matter where we are as long as we're all together. I definitely think that we need a co-admin if we were to stay here though, and we should hold a vote for this based on a member's personal qualities and overall loyalty to the site (taking into account any site absences, general neutrality to arguments etc.) This is a must.

I've seen a lot of posts about having a fresh start and I'm not putting anybody down here, but why do you think changing the site url would change anything? Honestly, it's like carrying an argument that started on the forum over to Skype - the tension would still be there. I know that there has been a lot of tension between people recently, but this seems to be the result of general inactivity on everybody's part and I'm sure any lost friendships will be amended when new members are introduced. In terms of actually acquiring new members we need to advertise, like seriously, otherwise it's only a matter of time before the site crumbles no matter where we are. People need to take this seriously and stop being lazy, otherwise the site will eventually die.

Here's just what I have to say, as I said above I hope no one is offended by anything written here, but this is my honest opinion. If we were to move sites we would just die more quickly (there'd be a spike of activity in the first few days but it would quickly die down), so in my  opinion our only hope is to stay and advertise for new members.

- James
Report Spam   Logged

"Losers are defeated by failure, winners are inspired by it."
Steel
Shellfish Pokémon
Gallant Gligar

Level: 43

カメックス

View Profile
« Reply #47 on: October 08, 2013, 01:13:10 pm »

IT's not just the url, i don't know why everyone keeps saying that.

We got a new host, a host I'd actually bother donating to. Smfforfree > freesmfhosting.
It's not the same. We have more lag problems here, the censor problems, the no custom emoticons, the missing option to add in-forum currency.

I know, myself, I would most likely leave if this ludicom thing was never brought up. As I said multiple times in a few threads, I don't feel I belong here. It's not a family anymore.
I feel like with Ludicom maybe we can make it a family again. You guys are going nuts about 'not surviving another move'. We lose Mag and Starrk so far, those are the only people.
Personally, because of their actions yesterday, I will not miss them. Daniel left this site for similar reasons, and thats why hes on Ludicom. Aryeh for some reason hates me. There is no reason for me to stay here, because I can't even casually talk, like Richie said, here. I want to invite new members to ludicom. I may consider staying here if we do the co-admin thing, but I tried before and JCB said no.
Report Spam   Logged

Coyote Starrk
The Ultimate in Prescribed Drugs
Wrathful Whirlipede

Primera Espada

View Profile
« Reply #48 on: October 08, 2013, 01:25:04 pm »

IT's not just the url, i don't know why everyone keeps saying that.

We got a new host, a host I'd actually bother donating to. Smfforfree > freesmfhosting.
It's not the same. We have more lag problems here, the censor problems, the no custom emoticons, the missing option to add in-forum currency.

I know, myself, I would most likely leave if this ludicom thing was never brought up. As I said multiple times in a few threads, I don't feel I belong here. It's not a family anymore.
I feel like with Ludicom maybe we can make it a family again. You guys are going nuts about 'not surviving another move'. We lose Mag and Starrk so far, those are the only people.
Personally, because of their actions yesterday, I will not miss them. Daniel left this site for similar reasons, and thats why hes on Ludicom. Aryeh for some reason hates me. There is no reason for me to stay here, because I can't even casually talk, like Richie said, here. I want to invite new members to ludicom. I may consider staying here if we do the co-admin thing, but I tried before and JCB said no.
The currency is broken, we had the problem with PPN, old members caused inflation with their huge stash of money, and new members couldnt compete with them.

youre gonna lose more cuz you seem to have forgotten how everyone whos come back was gone before lcom went belly up cuz they got a life. It's just gonna be busy for awhile and then it's gonna go the same way, but now that you have a generation specific website, you wont be getting many new members when XY is released, cuz lcom aint xy related, and youll never get it xy related in time, unlike here.

You will look back at this time and realize you became the communities downfall because of your blind nostalgia, and you will wish you had listened to aryeh, majestic, magoo and I.
Report Spam   Logged

Steel
Shellfish Pokémon
Gallant Gligar

Level: 43

カメックス

View Profile
« Reply #49 on: October 08, 2013, 01:39:09 pm »

=
Report Spam   Logged

Majestic
Battling Master
Hungry Hippopotas

View Profile WWW
« Reply #50 on: October 08, 2013, 02:23:42 pm »

Yeah, the currency on PPN was broken so older members had far too much money and new members could never get enough to pay for things such as event Pokémon or even a good sig from someone like Richie or DU.
Report Spam   Logged

Richie625
Hungry Hippopotas

Level: 9

View Profile
« Reply #51 on: October 08, 2013, 03:11:54 pm »

Yeah, the currency on PPN was broken so older members had far too much money and new members could never get enough to pay for things such as event Pokémon or even a good sig from someone like Richie or DU.

I gave epic discounts, and usually made stuff for free for those I knew wouldn't be able to have enough points or money or whatever it was... But that's besides the point =p

I made my point in that ther topic, and why there are 3 about the same situation is unneeded =p
Report Spam   Logged

Magoo
Princess
Gargantuan Gabite

Level: 34

Wayward Son

View Profile WWW
« Reply #52 on: October 08, 2013, 10:11:44 pm »

I'm switching to tentative move to L-com.
> It seems like it's the cool thing atm.
> Co-admins would be nice.
> Freesmfhosting sucks dirty lollipops.
> Kloud didn't delete the forum.

My point is that Kloud could have deleted it entirely if she wanted to be mean.
But she just closed it for a while.
Now she reopens it and she's always open to ideas to improve the community.
Like the co-admins.

Also, I'll be able to hit on her so I guess I'll try it. XD
Report Spam   Logged

In the distance, that day, when the star became music.
Majestic
Battling Master
Hungry Hippopotas

View Profile WWW
« Reply #53 on: October 09, 2013, 02:00:28 am »

Seriously, I really don't see the point in moving and losing everything we've built up here...

It seems that the main point supporting movement is that Kloud and other old members are back, so if that is what everyone wants why don't they just join and post here? Really it's no different where you post!

I agree that freesmfhosting is quite bad, but maybe if we decide to stay here and get a boost in activity then Jcb will actually select a new admin (maybe even Kloud?) and then perhaps we could change the host.

Also, Sato managed to archive a lot of PPN before it closed down, so maybe we could do the same for Ludicom if anyone wants to go back for nostalgia?

Just some suggestions Smiley
Report Spam   Logged

REECHEE
Roses are red, Violets are blue. Omae wa mo, shindeiru~
Devious Dusclops

Level: 37

Ore no namae wa REECHEE-chan desu, douzo yoroshiku

View Profile WWW
« Reply #54 on: October 09, 2013, 02:52:58 am »

Sometimes I like to put my wiener in a blender. :c

Anyways, isn't the only thing that matters(well, to me at least) is that we keep communicating?
Report Spam   Logged

"Two Wrongs Don't Make a Right, but Three Lefts Do".
Don't take too much heed into my words...
          ?
$      _$$_       $
T-+-(O++O)-+-T
*Chandelure is watching you...
"This hand of mine sparkles with a fabulous power; its shining grip tells me to dazzle you! FABULOUS FINGER!"
Richie was born a female, he posts about his transition into manhood and the struggles he goes through. He's a real inspiration Q_Q
Thanks, I needed an Implied "Kick in the Pants".
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]
  Send this topic  |  Print  

Jump to: