Pokémon X and Y Fan Community
March 29, 2024, 07:36:02 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Home Help Search Arcade Gallery SHOUTBOX Staff List Calendar Members Login Register  

Which website? (All members please vote)

Poll
Question: Course of action?  (Voting closed: October 14, 2013, 07:03:45 pm)
Stay on Evionet - 3 (18.8%)
Tentative Move to Ludicom while keeping both sites going - 9 (56.3%)
Move to Ludicom - 4 (25%)
Total Voters: 16

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4
  Send this topic  |  Print  
Author Topic: Which website? (All members please vote)  (Read 1363 times)
Daniel the Buizel
Bashful Buizel
Global Moderator
Courageous Combusken

Level: 35

You Burned the Rope and Saved Us All <3

View Profile
Badges: (View All)
« Reply #30 on: October 07, 2013, 10:29:58 pm »

Edit: Level 708? Hax
Oh yeah, that's leftover from one of the april fools jokes us staff played.  We spent the past 6 months trying to clean up everything we forgot xD
Report Spam   Logged

5:29 PM - Buizel: I'm just gonna try to calm down the only way I know how
5:29 PM - Buizel: playing fallout and posting shitty screenshots with an unrelated caption
5:30 PM - Buizel: [link]
5:30 PM - Zohaibman72: you stripped your clothes?
5:30 PM - Zohaibman72: turned into a fox
5:30 PM - Zohaibman72: and got sad?
5:30 PM - Buizel: yup
5:30 PM - Buizel: isn't that what most people do?

|
Aperl
Eccentric Elgyem

Level: 20

View Profile
« Reply #31 on: October 07, 2013, 10:32:09 pm »

There are too many ways to look at this, and I'm doing my best to follow 5 conversations at once.

But I also want to point out something else.

People are all happy, Breloom is back, Silver is back, happy Daniel, numerous other ones. But why? For a green forum that has the same structure as Evionet? I don't think so. Because they did not know about Evionet? Impossible.
Kloud is back. Kloud the mod from PPN. Kloud our friend. Kloud who created Ludicom with a blink of an eye (and shut it down as quickly ironically).
Nobody really cares about the forum in itself. The thing with LCom versus Evio is that Kloud is active (well how can we judge in a couple of hours) and willing to share the admin rights so that something else can be in charge in case an admin is overwhelmed with whatever.
But I don't think Silver came back because of the possibility of changing the domain, adding boards and stuff.
I truly think that there are great speakers (Jcb, Steel, and I'll add myself to the lot), and there are great doers (honestly I think that part was a bit underlooked after Darkness Unleashed, Richie625 and Kloud). Richie625 has been back with spriting, but for the rest, life took its natural course. Darkness Unleashed is off in the wild, Arceus guard his soul, and perhaps has he been among us secretly all these years (well one can hope...).
Now that Kloud is back, it feels like the world is turning again, that new members will magically appear and that all the old members will come back.

But was this all just what we were waiting for? Kloud? I mean, our life is fulfilled, activity is back to what it was, yada yada yada...?
She knows about Evionet, most of the members who just came back from the Facebook mass post have accounts in there. Why didn't she come back in here rather than fetch the shipwreck from the sea and reopen it to the public? If she had done it, would life have been all sad just like it was yesterday? Did we really need the dancing Ludicolo to smile?
If Kloud had made an account here before reopening LCom, would we have been tempted to move there anyway?

Evionet has been our place for two years, created by and for us (well exclude me, I wasn't there at that time). There are not many discussions in here, what makes us believe that there will be more over there? I don't think Kloud was planning on spending her entire days building a Pokédex of the X&Y Pokémon, or doing anything specific in that regard. I mean, this is a community-based forum, not an admin-based forum. If we had nothing to say in here, then why are we so enticed to move to a place where we would have the same discussions?

We've all lost friends since we came here. Some left, and others stayed. Conflicts began, not everyone is talking to everyone now. But will a new URL change this? Will we all become friends over the night and wake up after this blue nightmare in green heaven?
I don't have any answers, just questions. And it's all a matter of personal view.
As I said, I'll follow the group.
And I write too much.

This is too sudden, our minds are klouded Tongue
Report Spam   Logged

WHy do i have a feeling your going to be the serious wise man of the forum Tongue
D:< I hate you! That made WAY to much sense.
Steel
Shellfish Pokémon
Gallant Gligar

Level: 43

カメックス

View Profile
« Reply #32 on: October 07, 2013, 10:38:41 pm »

I already explained my reasoning.
New admins.
I can advertise,
yada yada

Also Loomy wouldn't have joined if I said evionet.
Not sure about anyone else.
Ludicom is what got old members to take a gander.
The active admins will get us new members.
Report Spam   Logged

Magoo
Princess
Gargantuan Gabite

Level: 34

Wayward Son

View Profile WWW
« Reply #33 on: October 07, 2013, 10:42:42 pm »

This sux so much. ;_;

At least I'm getting a car.
I'll be able to make rl friends to make up for the loss of E-net.
Report Spam   Logged

In the distance, that day, when the star became music.
Steel
Shellfish Pokémon
Gallant Gligar

カメックス

View Profile
« Reply #34 on: October 07, 2013, 10:45:03 pm »

`
Report Spam   Logged

Coyote Starrk
The Ultimate in Prescribed Drugs
Wrathful Whirlipede

Level: 8

Primera Espada

View Profile
« Reply #35 on: October 07, 2013, 10:46:20 pm »

This sux so much. ;_;

At least I'm getting a car.
I'll be able to make rl friends to make up for the loss of E-net.
My uncles actually been looking into getting himself a new car so when my wound heals I can use the durango to use to get a job and maybe have a life of some sort. I wish my backside would just heal so I too can know your feels
Report Spam   Logged

Coyote Starrk
Wrathful Whirlipede

Primera Espada

View Profile
« Reply #36 on: October 07, 2013, 10:49:30 pm »

you can just
click
another tab
everyones there too.

Atleast Starrk has some reasoning, your just being a bit lazy about it.
I'm gonna burst you bubble. He has as much reasoning as I do. We hate the drama. We hate moving. SO what if people come back, they will leave again like last time.

Oh, you don't remember? Activity was just as slow towards the end of Lcom as it is here, because everyone grew up and got a life outside of evionet and decided FB was better than Lcom, or just couldnt internet. It was dead too, sure it will be active for awhile, but it too will die, cuz if we have nothing to talk about here, we wont have anything to talk about there after catching up. It's just gonna die again and the cycle will repeat. Kloud will shut down Lcom, and you will all come crawling back, with even more losses.
Report Spam   Logged

Magoo
Princess
Gargantuan Gabite

Wayward Son

View Profile WWW
« Reply #37 on: October 07, 2013, 10:51:21 pm »

you can just
click
another tab
everyones there too.

Atleast Starrk has some reasoning, your just being a bit lazy about it.

I don't have time to check both websites to get the same news twice.
If I don't have time then it just gets kicked off my schedule.
It happened before.

When everything's in one place it's okay but now you're making everyone split up again.
Getting back old people who quit is more important than the new members we got here it would seem.
Report Spam   Logged

Steel
Shellfish Pokémon
Gallant Gligar

カメックス

View Profile
« Reply #38 on: October 07, 2013, 10:53:48 pm »

`
Report Spam   Logged

Coyote Starrk
Wrathful Whirlipede

Primera Espada

View Profile
« Reply #39 on: October 07, 2013, 10:57:43 pm »

why is it me? I didn't do ****, im just defending it.

What new members? Jizz isn't a new member.
Zoroark is the only one. And he can easily move to Ludicom. I'm going to advertise on reddit once this is sorted out, so we get more new members.

You don't have to go 2 places at once, it's pretty much everyone on Ludicom, but we keep evionet just incase. Ludicom's extremely active compared to evionet right now.
You started this whole damn thing, instead of getting kloud to come here and be a member here, you're making everyone leave all our memories and go back to a tainted place.

Notice the "just in case", it means you know shes likely to do it again so you wont just shut down evionet and make us all go over, cuz deep down, you know shes the same old home wrecker and she was before.
Report Spam   Logged

Magoo
Princess
Gargantuan Gabite

Wayward Son

View Profile WWW
« Reply #40 on: October 07, 2013, 10:58:36 pm »

why is it me? I didn't do ****, im just defending it.

What new members? Jizz isn't a new member.
Zoroark is the only one. And he can easily move to Ludicom. I'm going to advertise on reddit once this is sorted out, so we get more new members.

You don't have to go 2 places at once, it's pretty much everyone on Ludicom, but we keep evionet just incase. Ludicom's extremely active compared to evionet right now.

Some people stay here some people move. To me it looks like splitting a whole lot.

Of course L-com's active: Nostalgia.
It'll die out soon enough.
Report Spam   Logged

Steel
Shellfish Pokémon
Gallant Gligar

カメックス

View Profile
« Reply #41 on: October 07, 2013, 11:00:53 pm »

I'm not gonna drag this garbage on, aryeh said not to anyways
Report Spam   Logged

Daniel the Buizel
Bashful Buizel
Global Moderator
Courageous Combusken

Level: 35

You Burned the Rope and Saved Us All <3

View Profile
« Reply #42 on: October 07, 2013, 11:04:45 pm »

Locking to prevent further arguing.
Report Spam   Logged

5:29 PM - Buizel: I'm just gonna try to calm down the only way I know how
5:29 PM - Buizel: playing fallout and posting shitty screenshots with an unrelated caption
5:30 PM - Buizel: [link]
5:30 PM - Zohaibman72: you stripped your clothes?
5:30 PM - Zohaibman72: turned into a fox
5:30 PM - Zohaibman72: and got sad?
5:30 PM - Buizel: yup
5:30 PM - Buizel: isn't that what most people do?

|
Atomica
The humor is so sharp, so witty, so subtle, in fact, that you'd almost swear there wasn't any at all.
Global Moderator
Devious Dusclops

Level: 38

Pokémon Friend Code:: Black: 1635 3527 0646

Boba Fett sucks

View Profile
« Reply #43 on: October 08, 2013, 07:03:45 am »

I'm unlocking the thread because this poll still needs to run.  Just delete the arguments if they happen.  This is supposed to a calm discussion.

Anyways I'm going to agree with Rosim here
There are too many ways to look at this, and I'm doing my best to follow 5 conversations at once.

But I also want to point out something else.

People are all happy, Breloom is back, Silver is back, happy Daniel, numerous other ones. But why? For a green forum that has the same structure as Evionet? I don't think so. Because they did not know about Evionet? Impossible.
Kloud is back. Kloud the mod from PPN. Kloud our friend. Kloud who created Ludicom with a blink of an eye (and shut it down as quickly ironically).
Nobody really cares about the forum in itself. The thing with LCom versus Evio is that Kloud is active (well how can we judge in a couple of hours) and willing to share the admin rights so that something else can be in charge in case an admin is overwhelmed with whatever.
But I don't think Silver came back because of the possibility of changing the domain, adding boards and stuff.
I truly think that there are great speakers (Jcb, Steel, and I'll add myself to the lot), and there are great doers (honestly I think that part was a bit underlooked after Darkness Unleashed, Richie625 and Kloud). Richie625 has been back with spriting, but for the rest, life took its natural course. Darkness Unleashed is off in the wild, Arceus guard his soul, and perhaps has he been among us secretly all these years (well one can hope...).
Now that Kloud is back, it feels like the world is turning again, that new members will magically appear and that all the old members will come back.

But was this all just what we were waiting for? Kloud? I mean, our life is fulfilled, activity is back to what it was, yada yada yada...?
She knows about Evionet, most of the members who just came back from the Facebook mass post have accounts in there. Why didn't she come back in here rather than fetch the shipwreck from the sea and reopen it to the public? If she had done it, would life have been all sad just like it was yesterday? Did we really need the dancing Ludicolo to smile?
If Kloud had made an account here before reopening LCom, would we have been tempted to move there anyway?

Evionet has been our place for two years, created by and for us (well exclude me, I wasn't there at that time). There are not many discussions in here, what makes us believe that there will be more over there? I don't think Kloud was planning on spending her entire days building a Pokédex of the X&Y Pokémon, or doing anything specific in that regard. I mean, this is a community-based forum, not an admin-based forum. If we had nothing to say in here, then why are we so enticed to move to a place where we would have the same discussions?

We've all lost friends since we came here. Some left, and others stayed. Conflicts began, not everyone is talking to everyone now. But will a new URL change this? Will we all become friends over the night and wake up after this blue nightmare in green heaven?
I don't have any answers, just questions. And it's all a matter of personal view.
As I said, I'll follow the group.
And I write too much.

This is too sudden, our minds are klouded Tongue

Evionet is the place we made as a community, we shouldn't rush to abandon it.  Honestly, people like Silver appear and vanish many times even back on Ludicom they did.  Just because they are back now doesn't mean they'll stay as active members for the long run.  We have to think about the long run.  If we go to Ludicom now and it gets a burst of activity, that might not last and we'll be back in old habits.  The forum exoduses are too much to handle too.

And really the whole admin thing isn't too big of a deal, we can still run ourselves really.

The tentative thing is winning the poll at the moment.  I wish I knew who voted for what Tongue
Report Spam   Logged

Pull List: Smallville Season #11, The Phantom Stranger, Arrow, Avengers, Doctor Who: Prisoners of Time, Trinity of Sin Pandora, New Avengers, Justice League, Justice League Dark, Justice League of America
Events: Infinity, Forever Evil
Steel
Shellfish Pokémon
Gallant Gligar

カメックス

View Profile
« Reply #44 on: October 08, 2013, 09:20:43 am »

I'm unlocking the thread because this poll still needs to run.  Just delete the arguments if they happen.  This is supposed to a calm discussion.

Anyways I'm going to agree with Rosim here
Evionet is the place we made as a community, we shouldn't rush to abandon it.  Honestly, people like Silver appear and vanish many times even back on Ludicom they did.  Just because they are back now doesn't mean they'll stay as active members for the long run.  We have to think about the long run.  If we go to Ludicom now and it gets a burst of activity, that might not last and we'll be back in old habits.  The forum exoduses are too much to handle too.

And really the whole admin thing isn't too big of a deal, we can still run ourselves really.

The tentative thing is winning the poll at the moment.  I wish I knew who voted for what Tongue
I changed my vote to tenative because I wanted to keep evionet as back up.
Report Spam   Logged

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4
  Send this topic  |  Print  

Jump to: