Pokémon X and Y Fan Community
March 28, 2024, 08:54:47 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Home Help Search Arcade Gallery SHOUTBOX Staff List Calendar Members Login Register  

How Do You Feel? [Ludicom? Kloud?]

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5
  Send this topic  |  Print  
Author Topic: How Do You Feel? [Ludicom? Kloud?]  (Read 1719 times)
Majestic
Battling Master
Hungry Hippopotas

Level: 8

View Profile WWW
Badges: (View All)
« Reply #45 on: October 09, 2013, 02:05:17 am »

...Ok? What's the difference then? What's stopping them from leaving again?

It's pretty much the same forum but with even LESS focus on Pokemon, uh ok. (But it has a nostalgic feel!  Roll Eyes )
 if this whole thing has taught us anything, is that loitering area forums don't last with this community.
Exactly!

At the minute the main focus of each forum appears to be Pokémon for Evionet and Social for Ludicom, but if we want to attract new members then we have to take advantage of the XY release - not put less focus on Pokémon.

I can imagine it would be much more difficult to join an already close-knitted 'family' social forum, so once people start leaving then it's only a matter of time before the whole site dies.
Report Spam   Logged

"Losers are defeated by failure, winners are inspired by it."
Steel
Shellfish Pokémon
Gallant Gligar

Level: 43

カメックス

View Profile
« Reply #46 on: October 09, 2013, 12:18:05 pm »

...Ok? What's the difference then? What's stopping them from leaving again?

It's pretty much the same forum but with even LESS focus on Pokemon, uh ok. (But it has a nostalgic feel!  Roll Eyes )
 if this whole thing has taught us anything, is that loitering area forums don't last with this community.
new host
new admins that will hopefully be active

im gonna bring new people using advertising.

your choice if you wanna stay here or go there, if it makes no difference may as well go there, more people there currently
Report Spam   Logged

Aperl
Eccentric Elgyem

Level: 20

View Profile
« Reply #47 on: October 09, 2013, 02:27:35 pm »

new host
new admins that will hopefully be active

im gonna bring new people using advertising.

your choice if you wanna stay here or go there, if it makes no difference may as well go there, more people there currently
Didn't you advertise before without success? If not, why did you not?
What makes you think that a lurker will be more interested in a forum which has had a two-year lapse of inactivity and started a week a go, versus another, that has recent topics, and that has been active for the past two years?
Seeing as there are tons of Pokemon websites, how do you plan to attract people in a forum where the main focus is the Thread of Topiclessness.

I don't like that we're taking so much energy to divide ourselves at the exact moment where we ought to be working together to build interesting X and Y news releases and activity.
Report Spam   Logged

WHy do i have a feeling your going to be the serious wise man of the forum Tongue
D:< I hate you! That made WAY to much sense.
Atomica
The humor is so sharp, so witty, so subtle, in fact, that you'd almost swear there wasn't any at all.
Global Moderator
Devious Dusclops

Level: 38

Pokémon Friend Code:: Black: 1635 3527 0646

Boba Fett sucks

View Profile
« Reply #48 on: October 09, 2013, 02:48:19 pm »

What makes you think that a lurker will be more interested in a forum which has had a two-year lapse of inactivity and started a week a go, versus another, that has recent topics, and that has been active for the past two years?
Seeing as there are tons of Pokemon websites, how do you plan to attract people in a forum where the main focus is the Thread of Topiclessness.

I don't like that we're taking so much energy to divide ourselves at the exact moment where we ought to be working together to build interesting X and Y news releases and activity.
You make good points here.  The 2 year gap does kind of freak me out a little on there.
Report Spam   Logged

Pull List: Smallville Season #11, The Phantom Stranger, Arrow, Avengers, Doctor Who: Prisoners of Time, Trinity of Sin Pandora, New Avengers, Justice League, Justice League Dark, Justice League of America
Events: Infinity, Forever Evil
Steel
Shellfish Pokémon
Gallant Gligar

カメックス

View Profile
« Reply #49 on: October 09, 2013, 03:10:51 pm »

I was going to advertise on reddit, but I didn't because JCB kept the front page unupdated, and it looked very bad.
The 2 year thing you have to look twice at, almost.
The unupdated first page was immeditely obvious. Our newest news was "New Mewtwo Forme". That's almost a year old.

I'm posting in the pokemon threads on ludicom. Or we could just lie, get rid of the old posts, and say we refreshed ludicom for X & Y. These things are easy to cover up.

I'm willing to stay on Evionet and advertise for it if JCB actually bothered returning and discussing this peacefully.
But for now, Ludicom is much more active than Evionet, some activity is better than none, even if its just short-term

Report Spam   Logged

Majestic
Battling Master
Hungry Hippopotas

View Profile WWW
« Reply #50 on: October 09, 2013, 03:32:17 pm »

I was going to advertise on reddit, but I didn't because JCB kept the front page unupdated, and it looked very bad.
The unupdated first page was immeditely obvious. Our newest news was "New Mewtwo Forme". That's almost a year old.

I'm posting in the pokemon threads on ludicom. Or we could just lie, get rid of the old posts, and say we refreshed ludicom for X & Y. These things are easy to cover up.

I'm willing to stay on Evionet and advertise for it if JCB actually bothered returning and discussing this peacefully.
But for now, Ludicom is much more active than Evionet, some activity is better than none, even if its just short-term

Can I just point out that the Ludicom XY Board has about 4 topics, so if you're going to advertise it then if I were you I'd get posting. Fast.

To me it looks like Evionet would make a better Pokémon related forum, but Ludicom would be a better Social forum due to the nostalgia and all. I mean seriously, in the Pokémon Boards section of Ludicom it only has three boards! How can you advertise for Pokémon when all of the information is either none existent, or two years old?
Report Spam   Logged

Steel
Shellfish Pokémon
Gallant Gligar

カメックス

View Profile
« Reply #51 on: October 09, 2013, 03:51:01 pm »

Can I just point out that the Ludicom XY Board has about 4 topics, so if you're going to advertise it then if I were you I'd get posting. Fast.

To me it looks like Evionet would make a better Pokémon related forum, but Ludicom would be a better Social forum due to the nostalgia and all. I mean seriously, in the Pokémon Boards section of Ludicom it only has three boards! How can you advertise for Pokémon when all of the information is either none existent, or two years old?
I wanted to leave some topics for Aryeh to post, I don't want it too look like I made every topic. I'll do it all myself If I have too, but it'd be great to have some help

Also why the heck is everyone still saying Nostalgia, I've adressed this dozens of times, this isn't about nostalgia!

I want to go to Ludicom because with the co-admin idea, I believe we can be a community again. I know personally if I was a co-admin, i'd sit down and discuss any changes using voting first. I believe Aryeh would do the same, and Rushad would too. Which is why those where my two candidates for admin on ludicom (I didn't put aryeh down because at the time I was unsure of what he wanted) I've discussed this with some people, I still remember JCB saying that this is 'his forum', i just can't trust him until he comes down and talks to everyone reasonably, which is exactly why I'm completely on Ludicom's side. Along with a much better host that can do things much better.

You guys can ask Kloud to make more boards, she will. She isn't going to say no unless it's completely ridiculous. If it's beneficial, she will do it, so say these things to her, why should I be the middle man.
I just want this to be a community, I feel like it has completely lost that on our time on Evionet. I don't want nostalgia, I'd do all this here if JCB was here and did a co-admin vote here.
Report Spam   Logged

Majestic
Battling Master
Hungry Hippopotas

View Profile WWW
« Reply #52 on: October 09, 2013, 04:13:40 pm »

The reason I keep mentioning nostalgia is because everybody keeps saying it is a reason to go back, I personally don't care too much.

I do agree with the administration problem, though, and I think for Evionet to survive Jcb needs - and I'm going to stress this - to come on and talk to the forum about the introduction of a co-admin simply because he isn't active enough. Besides the host, this is the only problem (although the host could possibly be changed with a new admin?).

The problem with moving to Ludicom is that we lose everything that we've built up here, and it would be a real shame for this to happen. We already have a massive amount of Pokémon information and active topics on this forum, whereas the majority on Ludicom have very few posts. It would be very difficult to advertise for new members based on the XY release if we don't have any discussions about them. I know we can make these topics, but we would lose the pages of comments that people have took time to post, making the actual topics on Ludicom seem very inactive for newer members.

It's not that I particularly prefer Evionet over Ludicom, but since we are already here now with an active XY section there is really no point in moving. If the situation had be reversed, so that we were currently on Ludicom and Evionet had returned, then I would be supporting Ludicom; to me it doesn't matter which forum it actually is, just as long as it is active and doesn't split the community. Moving back to Ludicom would.

I do agree that Evionet has it's own share of problems, but when Jcb finally shows up then we can discuss and hopefully solve these issues.
Report Spam   Logged

Magoo
Princess
Gargantuan Gabite

Level: 34

Wayward Son

View Profile WWW
« Reply #53 on: October 09, 2013, 09:56:15 pm »

Can we copy topics to L-com?
Is that even a thing?
Report Spam   Logged

In the distance, that day, when the star became music.
Steel
Shellfish Pokémon
Gallant Gligar

カメックス

View Profile
« Reply #54 on: October 09, 2013, 10:35:39 pm »

Can we copy topics to L-com?
Is that even a thing?
I did some, but its either from people who are dead, or people on lcom.
I wouldn't recommend doing it to people who aren't decided yet.
Report Spam   Logged

Aperl
Eccentric Elgyem

View Profile
« Reply #55 on: October 09, 2013, 11:36:47 pm »

Then you did nothing, and for all those years you tried to get us to post more to attract new members? There's a pattern here I can't seem to understand...

But now that the website is there and that there is an active admin willing to help, why do you still concentrate your mind on selecting a second admin when the most useful thing to do would be to come up with fresh news. From the beginning, you've only been focusing on the body, not the brain. Changing the look, the URL, the name (remember Sendoff Spring?), that is what requires admin rights. And honestly, that's not important at all. People don't want the looks. They want the content. I remember when Ludicom was created, I helped Jcb and Aryeh with a Pokédex, I programmed stuff to generate tables about them, etc.
Kloud is there and active, why not send her stuff to post rather than just wait for her to choose an admin or two and then only start the progress?
If we can manage to organize a "quest" of some sort, a common goal where every one of us could contribute in our own way, the time we want, then it could make us more bonded and if it was to work, we could then see that Ludicom is the most viable option.
We need to be convinced, not that the community needs more people to lead, but that it needs more people to do stuff.

It seems all we want to do here is discuss, but you know very well that I'm the best bullsh*tter here and that I'm stubborn as hell, so you can't win this Wink (Even though I'm on your side to a certain extent lol)
Report Spam   Logged

WHy do i have a feeling your going to be the serious wise man of the forum Tongue
Arcade Sona Miku
Smile! I love you!
Malevolent Murkrow

Level: 69

Starrk is a mustard butt.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #56 on: October 10, 2013, 05:51:30 am »

Then you did nothing, and for all those years you tried to get us to post more to attract new members? There's a pattern here I can't seem to understand...

But now that the website is there and that there is an active admin willing to help, why do you still concentrate your mind on selecting a second admin when the most useful thing to do would be to come up with fresh news. From the beginning, you've only been focusing on the body, not the brain. Changing the look, the URL, the name (remember Sendoff Spring?), that is what requires admin rights. And honestly, that's not important at all. People don't want the looks. They want the content. I remember when Ludicom was created, I helped Jcb and Aryeh with a Pokédex, I programmed stuff to generate tables about them, etc.
Kloud is there and active, why not send her stuff to post rather than just wait for her to choose an admin or two and then only start the progress?
If we can manage to organize a "quest" of some sort, a common goal where every one of us could contribute in our own way, the time we want, then it could make us more bonded and if it was to work, we could then see that Ludicom is the most viable option.
We need to be convinced, not that the community needs more people to lead, but that it needs more people to do stuff.

It seems all we want to do here is discuss, but you know very well that I'm the best bullsh*tter here and that I'm stubborn as hell, so you can't win this Wink (Even though I'm on your side to a certain extent lol)
hoooooooooooooooooooly-

*teleported back in time*
Report Spam   Logged
Steel
Shellfish Pokémon
Gallant Gligar

カメックス

View Profile
« Reply #57 on: October 10, 2013, 12:53:34 pm »

Actually I have been clearing out tons and tons of outdated topics from 2011, and creating new ones.
I have been trying to create much new content and flushing out old content.

Just saying, I'm going to try to make Ludicom full of content.

I was actually going to make a child board to Site Discussion purely dedicated to voting for new features.
Report Spam   Logged

Aperl
Eccentric Elgyem

View Profile
« Reply #58 on: October 10, 2013, 01:06:06 pm »

Actually I have been clearing out tons and tons of outdated topics from 2011, and creating new ones.
I have been trying to create much new content and flushing out old content.

Just saying, I'm going to try to make Ludicom full of content.
So I've seen.
By the way, congrats for being the new co-admin! By the time I posted my last message here, I hadn't yet read the update on Ludicom. The result is exactly what my vote would have been had I voted, but I refrained from doing it because Aryeh and you are the people I know the best, and perhaps that I'm not giving enough thoughts to other people who have been equally devoted.
Let me know if I can do something.
By the way, I still don't like how everything is organized lol, not many discussions on Site Discussion section of Ludicom so except by reading stuff in here or skimming through both ToT's, we can't know what is happening really.
Report Spam   Logged

Steel
Shellfish Pokémon
Gallant Gligar

カメックス

View Profile
« Reply #59 on: October 10, 2013, 01:09:45 pm »

So I've seen.
By the way, congrats for being the new co-admin! By the time I posted my last message here, I hadn't yet read the update on Ludicom. The result is exactly what my vote would have been had I voted, but I refrained from doing it because Aryeh and you are the people I know the best, and perhaps that I'm not giving enough thoughts to other people who have been equally devoted.
Let me know if I can do something.
By the way, I still don't like how everything is organized lol, not many discussions on Site Discussion section of Ludicom so except by reading stuff in here or skimming through both ToT's, we can't know what is happening really.
Alright, Ludicom talk should be in Ludicom, in suggestion threads, just not to fill evionet with unrelated stuff.

Report Spam   Logged

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5
  Send this topic  |  Print  

Jump to: