Pokémon X and Y Fan Community
March 28, 2024, 04:15:52 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Home Help Search Arcade Gallery SHOUTBOX Staff List Calendar Members Login Register  

Programming Lessons - My Contribution

Pages: [1] 2 3 4
  Send this topic  |  Print  
Author Topic: Programming Lessons - My Contribution  (Read 1136 times)
Aperl
Eccentric Elgyem

Level: 20

View Profile
Badges: (View All)
« on: July 24, 2013, 12:37:10 pm »

A question though, how much knowledge of math will be needed for this? It's not exactly my best subject...

Also, what language will we be studying once it gets into it? It's just that I might not be able to study your stuff as i was planning on learning JavaScript through the holiday for school, and it would be tough to do two courses at once.
Don't worry, some of the exercises and challenges may at some point require some advanced mathematical thinking, but mostly I'm trying to keep things in a way that I can teach all of this to people starting at age 12.
The language I'll be showing is Java, simply because I know it better, and its development environments are free (in comparison with the $1500 Visual Studio that I'm using for C#). But most of the lessons will be applicable in any language, especially the first ones (arithmetics, variables, conditions, loops, Strings, functions, arrays, classes). I think that at your current level you are above 95% of what I'm going to cover in the next weeks, so don't worry about your time. And you can do the exercises I'm giving in Javascript if you want, I won't be correcting only Java code. Smiley
Report Spam   Logged

WHy do i have a feeling your going to be the serious wise man of the forum Tongue
D:< I hate you! That made WAY to much sense.

Pages: [1] 2 3 4
  Send this topic  |  Print  

Jump to: