Pokémon X and Y Fan Community
April 18, 2024, 10:08:23 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Home Help Search Arcade Gallery SHOUTBOX Staff List Calendar Members Login Register  

Gaming - Help with drivers

Pages: [1]
  Send this topic  |  Print  
Author Topic: Gaming - Help with drivers  (Read 294 times)
Aperl
Eccentric Elgyem

Level: 20

View Profile
Badges: (View All)
« on: July 18, 2013, 07:14:10 am »

Hey guys, I'm a noob when it comes to gaming and I need illumination.
I tried playing FEZ two days ago, and the menu was appearing like crap (text too big, wrapping around edges) and in-game, everything looked completely psychedelic, with vertical lines everywhere.
I tried changing my resolution (in-game and on the computer customization), putting my computer theme back to Win7 (goodbye Win98 look), whatnot. Nothing worked. And Google/Steam searches didn't help either. Most people have the game crashing upon loading because of their Intel card, but in my case everything is loaded fine. Just displayed like hell.
That's when my friend told me about drivers.
Yah I'm a programmer and I've never updated drivers. I'm a software guy, not hardware.
So yesterday I decided to update my stuff.
Went on this website: http://www.intel.com/p/fr_FR/support/detect
I saw that three drivers needed updates (WiFi, Graphics and another weird thing). So I updated the first two and restarted my computer.
FEZ still wasn't working.
Then I went on this website: http://www.intel.com/p/en_US/support/detect/graphics
I didn't see my Intel graphics card in there. Which is weird I think.
And saw that my only card was a Radeon Graphics card. I didn't update that one yet nor check if it needed updating. I'll check that tonight.

Does anyone know what could potentially fix my problem if the Radeon driver does not?
Thanks.
Report Spam   Logged

WHy do i have a feeling your going to be the serious wise man of the forum Tongue
D:< I hate you! That made WAY to much sense.

Share on Facebook Share on Twitter

Coyote Starrk
The Ultimate in Prescribed Drugs
Wrathful Whirlipede

Level: 8

Primera Espada

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: July 18, 2013, 05:52:09 pm »

Hey guys, I'm a noob when it comes to gaming and I need illumination.
I tried playing FEZ two days ago, and the menu was appearing like crap (text too big, wrapping around edges) and in-game, everything looked completely psychedelic, with vertical lines everywhere.
I tried changing my resolution (in-game and on the computer customization), putting my computer theme back to Win7 (goodbye Win98 look), whatnot. Nothing worked. And Google/Steam searches didn't help either. Most people have the game crashing upon loading because of their Intel card, but in my case everything is loaded fine. Just displayed like hell.
That's when my friend told me about drivers.
Yah I'm a programmer and I've never updated drivers. I'm a software guy, not hardware.
So yesterday I decided to update my stuff.
Went on this website: http://www.intel.com/p/fr_FR/support/detect
I saw that three drivers needed updates (WiFi, Graphics and another weird thing). So I updated the first two and restarted my computer.
FEZ still wasn't working.
Then I went on this website: http://www.intel.com/p/en_US/support/detect/graphics
I didn't see my Intel graphics card in there. Which is weird I think.
And saw that my only card was a Radeon Graphics card. I didn't update that one yet nor check if it needed updating. I'll check that tonight.

Does anyone know what could potentially fix my problem if the Radeon driver does not?
Thanks.
download speccy, post results.

also, turn down the graphics quality, not screen res (though changing ingame screen res may help.)
Report Spam   Logged

Magoo
Princess
Gargantuan Gabite

Level: 34

Wayward Son

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: July 18, 2013, 09:32:25 pm »

Goddamn...
Probably the graphics driver.
Or maybe DirectX?

Update both just to be sure.
Report Spam   Logged

In the distance, that day, when the star became music.
Pages: [1]
  Send this topic  |  Print  

Jump to: