Pokémon X and Y Fan Community
March 28, 2024, 03:26:28 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Home Help Search Arcade Gallery SHOUTBOX Staff List Calendar Members Login Register  

Pokemon Subspecies?

Pages: [1] 2
  Send this topic  |  Print  
Author Topic: Pokemon Subspecies?  (Read 551 times)
REECHEE
Roses are red, Violets are blue. Omae wa mo, shindeiru~
Devious Dusclops

Level: 37

Ore no namae wa REECHEE-chan desu, douzo yoroshiku

View Profile WWW
Badges: (View All)
« on: June 20, 2013, 06:21:59 am »

(Debating whether or not this should be in Creative Works or Pokemon General)

Greetings, I am Professor Richard Dunn, a travelling Professor who, much like my colleagues (Oak, Elm, Juniper, etc.), I study Pokemon. Though, unlike my experienced friends, I have found Pokemon mutations, or "Shiny" Pokemon to be my focus, rather than the Pokedex. Unfortunately, I haven't been very successful, as I've only found about seven "Shiny" Pokemon in my lifetime (One in the Kanto Region, Two in Johto, Two in Hoenn, and Two in Unova). Despite this, I have come across something very strange. It was a Pokemon that did not seem "Shiny" as it did not give off their signature gleam, it also had the shape of a Pokemon that would have never been found in that area!

As one would know, the Hoenn Region is a tropic zone home to many different species of Water and Grass-type Pokemon, with a few occasions of Fire, Dark, and Ground-type Pokemon. One should also take note of the illustrious Shoal Cave, the only place in all of Hoenn to house its two known Ice-type Evolutionary lines: Snover, who evolves into Glalie and Froslass; and Spheal, who evolves into Sealeo then Walrein. Of course there are the typical cave-dwellers such as Zubat and Geodude, but that's beside the point. The underside of Shoal Cave (when the tide lowers) is known to be quite Tundratic, as no plants could live there and the ice- whatever, you understand what a Tundra is, you are a smart one.

Inside of this Shoal Cave, I came across something very perplexing: A huge cube of solid ice! ... Not surprised, you say? What if I told that this block of ice stood up and started walking? You'd say it's a Pokemon! And you would be correct- except there is a catch. What Pokemon has ever been known to create large blocks of ice and essentially live inside this ice? And you would say "Nothing..."
Now. What if I had changed the question? What Pokemon has ever been known to create large blocks of SOLID MASS and essentially lives in this mass? You would think and say "Crustle!"

"Precisely!" I would say. Crustle, according to its Pokedex entry: "...possesses legs of enormous strength, enabling it to carry heavy slabs for many days, even when crossing arid land."

Now. This entry would imply that Crustle would be found in arid areas, such as Deserts. So why would a Crustle be inside of the freezing Shoal Cave? Simple! Well, not really... It isn't a Crustle, per say. Or rather, it is something that I have dubbed a "Subspecies"! Very very rare mutations of Pokemon that seem to exhibit completely different traits of its typical species (Let's call them 'Cousins')! I have taken many notes on this "Subspecies" that I am willing to share with you all.

Also, if you find any rare "Subspecies", tell me and I will add them to the "Subdex"

#558(?) Glacial Crustle -
Type ~
Abilities
  • Sturdy ~ The Pokémon is unaffected by One Hit Knock Out moves and in Generation V, the Pokémon cannot be knocked out when it has full Hit Points
  • Snow Warning ~ The Pokémon summons a hailstorm in battle.
    Classification ~ Glacier Home Pokemon
    Height ~ 5'04"  Weight ~ 432.2 lbs.
    Capture Rate ~ 75
    Experience Growth ~ 1,059,860 (Medium Slow)
    Base Happiness ~ 50
    Effort Values ~ 2 Sp. Defense Points
    Hold Item ~ 10% Nevermeltice
    Egg Groups ~ Unknown as of yet
    Found
  • Hoenn ~ Shoal Cave
    Pokedex Entry ~ "A Subspecies of Crustle that inhabit cold areas such as Shoal Cave in the Hoenn Region. Glacial Crustle are slightly larger on average than their Desert dwelling cousins and wield much more prominent claws that grew into a shape similar to Ice Picks; used primarily to dig through the harden frozen Earth under the cave. When in danger, Glacial Crustle will violently shake the blocks of ice on their backs to create hailstorms and escape."
    Moves
    Level
  • - Shell Smash
  • - Icicle Spear
  • - Withdraw
  • - Sand Attack
  • 13 - Faint Attack
  • 17 - Icy Wind
  • 19 - Rock Polish
  • 23 - Bug Bite
  • 24 - Hail
  • 29 - Icicle Crash
  • 31 - Slash
  • 38 - X-Scissor
  • 43 - Shell Smash
  • 50 - Ice Shard
  • 53 - Blizzard
TM
  • 01 Hone Claws
  • 06 Toxic
  • 07 Hail
  • 10 Hidden Power
  • 12 Taunt
  • 13 Ice Beam
  • 14 Blizzard
  • 15 Hyper Beam
  • 17 Protect
  • 18 Rain Dance
  • 21 Frustration
  • 23 Smack Down
  • 26 Earthquake
  • 27 Return
  • 28 Dig
  • 32 Double Team
  • 42 Facade
  • 44 Rest
  • 45 Attract
  • 55 Scald
  • 60 Quash
  • 64 Explosion
  • 66 Payback
  • 68 Giga Impact
  • 69 Rock Polish
  • 75 Swords Dance
  • 77 Psych Up
  • 78 Bulldoze
  • 79 Frost Breath
  • 80 Rock Slide
  • 82 X-Scissor
  • 87 Swagger
  • 90 Substitute
  • 94 Rock Smash
  • HM01 Cut
  • HM04 Waterfall
Base Stats
  • HP ~ 70
  • Att ~ 105
  • Def ~ 85
  • SpA ~ 85
  • SpD ~ 125
  • Spe ~ 25
Total ~ 495
Report Spam   Logged

"Two Wrongs Don't Make a Right, but Three Lefts Do".
Don't take too much heed into my words...
          ?
$      _$$_       $
T-+-(O++O)-+-T
*Chandelure is watching you...
"This hand of mine sparkles with a fabulous power; its shining grip tells me to dazzle you! FABULOUS FINGER!"
Richie was born a female, he posts about his transition into manhood and the struggles he goes through. He's a real inspiration Q_Q
Thanks, I needed an Implied "Kick in the Pants".

Share on Facebook Share on Twitter

Atomica
The humor is so sharp, so witty, so subtle, in fact, that you'd almost swear there wasn't any at all.
Global Moderator
Devious Dusclops

Level: 38

Pokémon Friend Code:: Black: 1635 3527 0646

Boba Fett sucks

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: June 20, 2013, 08:40:04 am »

(Debating whether or not this should be in Creative Works or Pokemon General)
Creative Works cos it's fanmade stuff with sprites and such.

anyways this seems cool.  Seeing Pokémon acclimatise to different areas and changing accordingly is an interesting topic.  I can't sprite but I could think of some ideas and maybe then you can sprite them? cos the Crustle is good, you did that yourself right? Tongue
Report Spam   Logged

Pull List: Smallville Season #11, The Phantom Stranger, Arrow, Avengers, Doctor Who: Prisoners of Time, Trinity of Sin Pandora, New Avengers, Justice League, Justice League Dark, Justice League of America
Events: Infinity, Forever Evil
Richie625
Hungry Hippopotas

Level: 9

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 20, 2013, 11:06:57 am »

Once I'm done with my requests expect some from me!! Althpough do I have to do all those details? Like TMs, levels for attacks learned, base stats, etc.
Report Spam   Logged

REECHEE
Devious Dusclops

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: June 20, 2013, 11:46:05 am »

Creative Works cos it's fanmade stuff with sprites and such.

anyways this seems cool.  Seeing Pokémon acclimatise to different areas and changing accordingly is an interesting topic.  I can't sprite but I could think of some ideas and maybe then you can sprite them? cos the Crustle is good, you did that yourself right? Tongue
Yeah, the Crustle is mine :3
I'm cool with spriting some of your ideas :3

Once I'm done with my requests expect some from me!! Althpough do I have to do all those details? Like TMs, levels for attacks learned, base stats, etc.
If you don't want to do all of that technical stuff you could just let me (or someone else, whomever is willing) do it and you make changes. :U
Report Spam   Logged

?
$      _$$_       $
T-+-(O++O)-+-T
"This hand of mine sparkles with a fabulous power; its shining grip tells me to dazzle you! FABULOUS FINGER!"
Richie was born a female, he posts about his transition into manhood and the struggles he goes through. He's a real inspiration Q_Q
Atomica
The humor is so sharp, so witty, so subtle, in fact, that you'd almost swear there wasn't any at all.
Global Moderator
Devious Dusclops

Boba Fett sucks

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 20, 2013, 12:10:22 pm »

Yeah, the Crustle is mine :3
I'm cool with spriting some of your ideas :3
Awesome and Awesome Tongue

Ok for the first how about a Gastrodon that is more deep underground in its muddyness and burrows and stuff.  It keeps Ground but replaces Water with Rock maybe.  Gastrodon will be interesting to use for this project cos the lore about its colour being different in different places, so finding them in crazy places will be good for that; in this case it'd be brown Tongue
Report Spam   Logged

Pull List: Smallville Season #11, The Phantom Stranger, Arrow, Avengers, Doctor Who: Prisoners of Time, Trinity of Sin Pandora, New Avengers, Justice League, Justice League Dark, Justice League of America
REECHEE
Devious Dusclops

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: June 20, 2013, 12:20:58 pm »

Ok for the first how about a Gastrodon that is more deep underground in its muddyness and burrows and stuff.  It keeps Ground but replaces Water with Rock maybe.  Gastrodon will be interesting to use for this project cos the lore about its colour being different in different places, so finding them in crazy places will be good for that; in this case it'd be brown Tongue
Like the beta sprite for Gastrodon? :O
Report Spam   Logged

?
$      _$$_       $
T-+-(O++O)-+-T
REECHEE
Devious Dusclops

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6 on: June 20, 2013, 01:27:26 pm »

Going by your description I gave it the Brown color with a few rocky growths on its body. Also, its eyes have been removed (or devolved) since it lives underground and all. I also gave its underside a rocky plated carapace in contrast to its above ground cousins.
Report Spam   Logged

?
$      _$$_       $
T-+-(O++O)-+-T
Atomica
Global Moderator
Devious Dusclops

Boba Fett sucks

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 20, 2013, 01:53:24 pm »

Going by your description I gave it the Brown color with a few rocky growths on its body. Also, its eyes have been removed (or devolved) since it lives underground and all. I also gave its underside a rocky plated carapace in contrast to its above ground cousins.
tis coolness
but make it muddier xP
Report Spam   Logged

REECHEE
Devious Dusclops

View Profile WWW
« Reply #8 on: June 20, 2013, 04:26:10 pm »

tis coolness
but make it muddier xP
So, mud on its body? Or do you want its body to have contorted to look like mud?
Report Spam   Logged

?
$      _$$_       $
T-+-(O++O)-+-T
Atomica
Global Moderator
Devious Dusclops

Boba Fett sucks

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: June 20, 2013, 06:53:28 pm »

So, mud on its body? Or do you want its body to have contorted to look like mud?
more mud on it Tongue like the rocky underside looks a bit clean Tongue

what kind of stuff should we think for its stats and such?  I will think of a pokedex entry for it too and presumably post it tomorrow :3  I will also try to think of some other mon ideas cos this is a cool idea you had Cheesy

hmmm what about a grass mon that has adapted to being an underwater plant so it's gained water type as well, what could work for that...
Report Spam   Logged

Magoo
Princess
Gargantuan Gabite

Level: 34

Wayward Son

View Profile WWW
« Reply #10 on: June 20, 2013, 08:00:04 pm »

I love your Crustle~
I would name it Subzero Crustle or something cooler though.

I love how you made it with the ice claws and the colors are great.
Never been one for stats though so I can really just appreciate the art~ Tongue

It's a cool idea too.
Report Spam   Logged

In the distance, that day, when the star became music.
REECHEE
Devious Dusclops

View Profile WWW
« Reply #11 on: June 20, 2013, 09:42:08 pm »

I love your Crustle~
I would name it Subzero Crustle or something cooler though.

I love how you made it with the ice claws and the colors are great.
Never been one for stats though so I can really just appreciate the art~ Tongue

It's a cool idea too.
Thank ya very much~
Well, he's "Glacial" because of his affinity to Ice as well as Water attacks, but I get what you're saying.

Hwaaaa~ So much praise~

more mud on it Tongue like the rocky underside looks a bit clean Tongue

what kind of stuff should we think for its stats and such?  I will think of a pokedex entry for it too and presumably post it tomorrow :3  I will also try to think of some other mon ideas cos this is a cool idea you had Cheesy

hmmm what about a grass mon that has adapted to being an underwater plant so it's gained water type as well, what could work for that...
Oh okay, I got you

Well, obviously it should have a much better Def in comparison to its above ground cousins (it's a Rock/Ground xD) I look forward to your ideas :3

Kind of like a mossy Pokemon?
Report Spam   Logged

?
$      _$$_       $
T-+-(O++O)-+-T
Atomica
Global Moderator
Devious Dusclops

Boba Fett sucks

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: June 21, 2013, 03:39:57 pm »

first draft of pokedex entry for Underground Gastrodon:

"Underground miners dug deep enough to discover this sub-species of Gastrodon burrowing under the earth.  This Pokémon has bred out the need for good eyesight and instead senses vibrations in the rocks in travels through.  It leaks a corrosive substance that can break down the rocks into mud that it can eat."

Anyway while thinking of the underwater grass type, I was thinking perhaps Roselia?  I don't mean mossy, I mean a grass that is adapted to being an underwater plant.
Report Spam   Logged

REECHEE
Devious Dusclops

View Profile WWW
« Reply #13 on: June 21, 2013, 05:02:43 pm »

New Subspecies Spotted!

#623(?) ~ Colossal Golurk
Type ~
Abilities
  • Iron Fist ~ The power of punching moves is increased by 20%.
  • Sheer Force ~ Moves with a secondary effect are increased in power by 33% but lose their secondary effect
    Classification ~ Titan Key Pokemon
    Height ~ 27'06" Weight
    ~ 1467.9
    Capture Rate ~ 20
    Experience Growth ~ 1,250,000 Points
    Base Happiness ~ 0
    Effort Values ~ 3 Attack Points
    Held Item ~ 2% Iron Ball
    Found ~ Unova - Lostlorn Forest
    Pokedex Entry ~ "A Subspecies of Golurk found deep within Lostlorn Forest. The vegetation in the forest has rooted itself onto and inside the Pokemon's body, even serving as its energy source. Its arms are proportionally (as well as actually) different in comparison to its blue cousins, its right arm being much larger and its left being a shriveled key-like shape."

[I was kind of pressed for time, so the stats and moves will be posted later]
Report Spam   Logged

?
$      _$$_       $
T-+-(O++O)-+-T
Magoo
Princess
Gargantuan Gabite

Level: 34

Wayward Son

View Profile WWW
« Reply #14 on: June 21, 2013, 10:12:36 pm »

New Subspecies Spotted!

#623(?) ~ Colossal Golurk

Let's bungle in the jungle~

Not saying it's bad though.
It's cool Tongue
Report Spam   Logged

In the distance, that day, when the star became music.
Pages: [1] 2
  Send this topic  |  Print  

Jump to: