Pokémon X and Y Fan Community
March 29, 2024, 10:10:41 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Home Help Search Arcade Gallery SHOUTBOX Staff List Calendar Members Login Register  

Sake of the Worlds (SOW) Sign up and Discussion Thread

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 6
  Send this topic  |  Print  
Author Topic: Sake of the Worlds (SOW) Sign up and Discussion Thread  (Read 2656 times)
REECHEE
Roses are red, Violets are blue. Omae wa mo, shindeiru~
Devious Dusclops

Level: 37

Ore no namae wa REECHEE-chan desu, douzo yoroshiku

View Profile WWW
Badges: (View All)
« on: May 16, 2013, 12:30:31 am »

This here is a little attempt at recreating one of the better Roleplays I've started in the past. "Sake of the Worlds" (SOW) along with it's sequel, "Sake of the Universe" (SOU) were two stories that revolved mostly around a boy by the name of Touya Igurume who had come in contact with the soul of an Immortal* named Shiga Kira. Though, I realized that most Roleplays don't do very well if everything is supposed to be centered on one character, for obvious reasons. In SOW, as it were on Ludicom, was very lacking in the story development department, as I relied to heavily on the imagination of the Roleplayers for the creation of the lore. I created it with intentions of the Roleplayers making up their own side-plots, which back-fired as said Roleplayers left rather early, or the ones that stayed need "stuff to do" too much. This was my own fault, I wanted to make it too early without considering the limits of one's imagination and not planning the actual plot.

Renditions~:

SOW (Ludicom):
Sake of the Worlds started on Fiel, a city world that was quite literally covered entirely in buildings. None of the other worlds were given names as we never actually visited them. There were also several different four species of characters that could be chosen: Human, Shadow, Angel, and Dragonkin. There was also an organization called the Element Trinity, named for its three leaders although there were more than three maximum members. The ET were a group who believed highly in "ethnic cleansing" or rather "Elemental cleansing", as most if not all beings known to the people of all of the worlds were born with some sort of inert Elemental Affinity, these elements ranging from rather simple like Fire, Water, and Lightning, to complex ones that were more specific like Gravity and Time. Though, most beings stayed within the realms of these: Fire, Water, Lightning, Earth, Wind, Darkness, and Light.

The pretense of this rendition was that the Angels were running rampant, and killing humans and razing Fielan districts. Coming from an area called the Angel Sanctuary. Touya (who was named Richie at the time) partnered up with an Angel named Kloud who noticed something was going wrong with the Angels and decided to check the situation out. This is about as far as the first rendition went, besides the other side happenings.

Active Characters:
Richie (Touya), Kloud Asterisk, Alden Moone, Tatsuke, Lite Hivolt, Lee Hivolt, Tetthras, Nicolas Domina, Matthew Fiema, Exzel, PROTH, Stent, Hana Hallworth, Calarand, Lilac Skylace

SOW (Evionet):
This rendition of SOW was pretty similar to that of the Ludicom version, except the character count took a drastic hit and therefore several events did not take place, (I.E. Touya's meeting with Kloud, The Destruction of the Metal World, etc.) the main plot was still about the same, Touya was forced to fight the Angels. Although there it was mostly similar, there were also very notable differences between the two, (Touya's meeting with Neon and other characters such as Mariya Sanctuary(who was misnamed Nova Marlin in the OOC), the Angel Princess. This one also went a bit farther as the group was a tad bigger and they actually got the gates of the Sanctuary and fought Edward Sanctuary and Angel within the ranks of ET. Also the ET has quite a larger presence in this rendition. I apologize especially to Chaos for this one.

Active Characters:
Touya Igurume, Lilac Skylace, Alden Moone, Tatsuke, Shawn Negaheart, Irai Skylace, Mariya Sanctuary, Daimao Chaos, Kale, Kain, Neon, Tetthras, Hawk, Carbon, Edwin Nijoin, Ty, Stern, Lana Malahara, Hikari, Sharp

SOU:
Sake of the Universe was a sequel to the Evionet version of SOW that takes place three years after the events in SOW happen, where Touya had already defeated the Angels and became a hero and was receiving a lot of unwanted attention. It also focuses quie a bit on Touya's sword Shi and the power that's been seeping into him. He was living with Stern, Mariya, and Lilac, he also considered most of the allied characters from SOW to be good friends and could interact with them casually. Beelzehem, a prophet tells Touya that something was residing in him, "a monster" he says. This "monster" ends up causing the welled up power to explode at once as Touya revisits the remains of the Angel Sanctuary to find Edward Sanctuary alive and well, and murdering people. Edward explains that he knows about that power and planned to kill Touya, but was denied as Touya kills him a second time. Bleh... This is turning into a summary of the actual story... Not the plot... Oh well, the first arc was set in play to explain the Immortal of the Black, Shiga Kira, and the Immortal of the White, Agna Heirless, there.

Shadows were the incarnations of vices or hate of humans who were suicide victims. Shadows, if and when they killed anything, would devour the "essence" of whatever they killed and become slightly more powerful with each "essence". There were very few Shadow Characters in SOW, so few that the maximum count for them never rose above 1 (That being one of my own characters). Shadows are of the Darkness Element. Note: Shadows retain their past lives' faces and physique, but their hair becomes a jet black.

Angels were masses of pure energy taking on a humanoid form born from within the Angel Sanctuary. As they are energy, they must wear special Fielan-made clothing to touch any of the other races without violently burning whomever they touch. Angels were normally very docile and made near absolutely no offensive stance towards others. Angels also countered Shadows rather easily in that they were all of the Light Element and could easily overtake any Shadow they pleased, but the same could happen to them. Angels characters also were rare for some reason with only a few over two characters were Angels.

Dragonkin, dubbed Dragon-kind at the time, were essentially super-humans, having skin as hard as dragonhide and super-strength. Dragonkin came from a world that was clad in metal (which had been destroyed by Aryeh's characters PROTH and Stent in the Ludi SOW), the naturally hard environment trained their bodies to become extremely durable. Dragonkin elements varied to the same extent as Humans (though there wasn't much evidence of this as most Roleplayers who played Dragonkin oftened used Fire. Dragonkin happened to be the most frequent of the extra species, with most Roleplayers controlling at least one.

* Immortals are essentially transcended humans who are exceedingly more powerful than most other humans. When they become Immortals, they aren't quite Immortal in the sense that they can't die, they can, they just aren't effected by time anymore. Most Immortals have unique elements.

There are also Demons (I.E. Kale Everath, Daimao Chaos, etc.) who are more or less simply denizens of Hell (which isn't very hard to get to; there's a tram that goes there. :D

Definite Changes to the Lore:
  • A name will be given to the "Mana" or "MP" per-say, this name will be "Symbiosis" as in the beneficial relationship between two beings. The two beings in question are the user of the "Symbiosis" and his/her Soul to form and materialize it as energy. Obviously, one's Soul is not infinitely strong and therefore a limit must be issued for an amount of Soul they use. Soul regenerates quickly though, so with regular use one should not fear expiring it.
___

• Several characters from the past will scrapped (only mine) as to keep the roster reasonable for those who have trouble remembering names. If I decide to create a character and you feel that you won't remember that character, tell me, and said character will be scrapped.
___

• Several past plot-points will be radically altered to avoid any kind of desertion of any characters.
___
  • Optional side-quests will be invoked to cater to anyone who cannot follow the main-plot for their own reasons. These quests may be optional, but if and how you complete them will have altercations to other side-quests and even the main-plot.

Main/Underlying Plot:
To be put simply, there is a man by the name of Jaegar Triscend, Jaegar is a man who has always admired the beings known as Immortals, those who have transcended and became powerful. Especially keeping his attention on the very first of them, The Immortal of the Black and the Immortal of the White. With the Immortals caught in his admiring gaze at all times, Jaegar has vowed to become an Immortal, and the strongest one at that, as well as eradicating all others who are not. To forward his plan, he creates the Element Trinity, which started as a group of three Unique Element Users, one of Space, one of Time, and one of Voids, but has grown to be a bit larger scale than he had hoped, especially considering that two of the Users left the Trinity.

So basically the plot is to find out who Jaegar Triscend is and stop his plan. There are certain ways to do this; Kill the Immortals of Black and White, kill Jaegar, or find some other way that will foil his plots. ;3

Also, the first side-quest is the one that all SOW players should be accommodated with, the Angel Wars.

___________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Name: ___________ (last name is optional)
Age: ____ (Immortal characters do not have to be exact with this number)
Species: _________ (Human; Shadow; Angel; Dragonkin; Demon)
Occupation: ______ (This has a very large range, from being a regular Joe Shmoe, to being an Immortal; check with me if Immortal)
Element: _______ (the majority of your characters must have simple elements, if you use one character, that character must be simple)*
Alignment: ________ (your characters disposition; ET characters must range from True Neutral - Chaotic Evil)
Weapon: ______ (if any)
Additional Info:
Report Spam   Logged

"Two Wrongs Don't Make a Right, but Three Lefts Do".
Don't take too much heed into my words...
          ?
$      _$$_       $
T-+-(O++O)-+-T
*Chandelure is watching you...
"This hand of mine sparkles with a fabulous power; its shining grip tells me to dazzle you! FABULOUS FINGER!"
Richie was born a female, he posts about his transition into manhood and the struggles he goes through. He's a real inspiration Q_Q
Thanks, I needed an Implied "Kick in the Pants".

Share on Facebook Share on Twitter

REECHEE
Devious Dusclops

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: May 16, 2013, 12:30:57 am »

Characters and Info
+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

= Richie
= Vansalon
Name: Vansalon Serrades
Species: Human
Element: Lightning
Alignment: Chaotic Neutral
Weapon: He mostly uses a slightly longer than average dagger, but keeps a hand crossbow on hand too.
Personality: Vance is sly and mostly without scruples when it comes to theft. He acts pleasant and agreeable most times, but has a mischievous streak a mile wide. He's daring, and mostly steals for thrill and enjoyment rather than income since his locksmithing shop supports him well enough.
Appearance: Vance is slightly shorter than average, with short, slick black hair and light blue eyes. During the day he wears a plain white outfit, but an extravagant, cloaked black suit when thieving.
Name: Loreya Darkspell
Species: Shadow
Element: Shadow
Alignment: Neutral
Weapon: Loreya uses a unique longsword. It's thinner than usual, and is serrated along the last few inches of the right side of the blade, and on the left there is a niche carved into the metal (similar to a swordbreaker) with several hooked barbs.
Personality: Loreya in her past life was serene, peaceful, and kindhearted to a fault. However, she was outspoken politically, and made too many enemies for her own good because of her radical views. After a spiral into depression that ended in suicide because of a personal matter, Loreya became a cold hearted Shadow, and the only purpose she cares about now is stalking and slaying her old political enemies, and a few seemingly unrelated persons too.
Appearance: Loreya is about average height. Her hair in her past life was a soft lavender color, but it of course is now the characteristic Shadow ebony. Her hair hangs about three fourths of the way down her back. She wears heavy lavender colored clothing, including a cloak complete with hood, and a metal mask that conceals her identity.

= Bailey
Name: Maxine
Species: Werewolf
Element: Human(?)
Additional Info: Stands at 5'9" with bright green eyes and shaggy brown hair that falls to the middle of her back. Grows glossy black fur in her were form. Is usually seen wearing a loose dark red sweatshirt and black basketball shorts. A crooked tail with black fur protrudes from the back of her pants, even in human form. Very timid, not too bright, yet almost always unsure of whether she's making the right choice or not. Extremely protective of her daughter Ty.
Name: Ty
Species: Werewolf
Occupation: Little werewolf girl, soon-to-be conwoman and skilled thief
Element: Human(?)
Additional Info: Stands at 3'11" with blue eyes and chest-length brown hair. Grows black fur in her were form that is noteably soft and tufty when compared to her mother's fur. Wears a gray sweatshirt several sizes too big for her small body. A fuzzy black tail protrudes from underneath the back of her sweatshirt. Ty is a very uncoordinated and slightly lax little girl who has yet to learn that life isn't filled with happy endings. Very easily startled by anything bigger than her, can get overworked if things begin moving too fast for her, hardly ever ventures from her mother's sight unless told to do so by Maxine herself.
Report Spam   Logged

?
$      _$$_       $
T-+-(O++O)-+-T
"This hand of mine sparkles with a fabulous power; its shining grip tells me to dazzle you! FABULOUS FINGER!"
Richie was born a female, he posts about his transition into manhood and the struggles he goes through. He's a real inspiration Q_Q
REECHEE
Devious Dusclops

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: May 16, 2013, 12:31:08 am »

[reserved]
Report Spam   Logged

?
$      _$$_       $
T-+-(O++O)-+-T
Atomica
The humor is so sharp, so witty, so subtle, in fact, that you'd almost swear there wasn't any at all.
Global Moderator
Devious Dusclops

Level: 38

Pokémon Friend Code:: Black: 1635 3527 0646

Boba Fett sucks

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 16, 2013, 09:05:06 am »

This is a total reboot right, so I won't have to know anything about what came before if I joined this?
Report Spam   Logged

Pull List: Smallville Season #11, The Phantom Stranger, Arrow, Avengers, Doctor Who: Prisoners of Time, Trinity of Sin Pandora, New Avengers, Justice League, Justice League Dark, Justice League of America
Events: Infinity, Forever Evil
REECHEE
Devious Dusclops

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: May 16, 2013, 12:41:38 pm »

This is a total reboot right, so I won't have to know anything about what came before if I joined this?
Of course, everyone who ever played SOW will start with a clean slate.
This will also call for a detailed description of your characters (again) though, if you happen to reuse your characters.

I do hope that everyone's characters can be fully integrated into the play, as I made that mistake of not doing so in the past renditions.
Report Spam   Logged

?
$      _$$_       $
T-+-(O++O)-+-T
Atomica
The humor is so sharp, so witty, so subtle, in fact, that you'd almost swear there wasn't any at all.
Global Moderator
Devious Dusclops

Level: 38

Pokémon Friend Code:: Black: 1635 3527 0646

Boba Fett sucks

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 16, 2013, 03:43:58 pm »

Of course, everyone who ever played SOW will start with a clean slate.
This will also call for a detailed description of your characters (again) though, if you happen to reuse your characters.

I do hope that everyone's characters can be fully integrated into the play, as I made that mistake of not doing so in the past renditions.
We were on the skype discussing rps a few days ago and we decided that having too detailed descriptions is a turn off for people, Daniel's galaxy rp being an example of that.  They were way too much stuff on the bio and it was complicated stuff from before the rp even began.  So having only a little bit to start with and then making up the rest as the rp progresses makes more sense in terms of having people be comfortable.

Maybe saying what the plot of the rp is will help let people integrate Tongue Cos you havnt said what the plot will be, only really talked about the character classes and mentioned the old rps from ages ago which might serve to confuse people more if they are part of it.  So yeah a clean slate is a good idea, but I don't know what's it's about.
Report Spam   Logged

Pull List: Smallville Season #11, The Phantom Stranger, Arrow, Avengers, Doctor Who: Prisoners of Time, Trinity of Sin Pandora, New Avengers, Justice League, Justice League Dark, Justice League of America
Events: Infinity, Forever Evil
REECHEE
Devious Dusclops

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6 on: May 16, 2013, 06:03:57 pm »

We were on the skype discussing rps a few days ago and we decided that having too detailed descriptions is a turn off for people, Daniel's galaxy rp being an example of that.  They were way too much stuff on the bio and it was complicated stuff from before the rp even began.  So having only a little bit to start with and then making up the rest as the rp progresses makes more sense in terms of having people be comfortable.

Maybe saying what the plot of the rp is will help let people integrate Tongue Cos you havnt said what the plot will be, only really talked about the character classes and mentioned the old rps from ages ago which might serve to confuse people more if they are part of it.  So yeah a clean slate is a good idea, but I don't know what's it's about.
Hm okay, you're right, so the bio is more something to build on rather than something that completely defines a character. :O

Ah okay, I'll add that in later today. :3
Report Spam   Logged

?
$      _$$_       $
T-+-(O++O)-+-T
Henri, le Chat Noir
kind of smelly
Malevolent Murkrow

Level: 28

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 16, 2013, 06:11:12 pm »

so after the prologue is over, about how big is the gap gonna be between this rp and the original sow? i wanna get an idea of how old my characters will have to be. didn't you mention nine years?
Report Spam   Logged

"If brains was bees, there'd be no honey between your ears."
-Durry Quill
Vansalon
( `≧ω≦´)
Loyal Lotad

Level: 709

( `≧ω≦´)

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 16, 2013, 08:35:09 pm »

Weapon: He mostly uses a slightly longer than average dagger, but keeps a hand crossbow on hand too.
Personality: Vance is sly and mostly without scruples when it comes to theft. He acts pleasant and agreeable most times, but has a mischievous streak a mile wide. He's daring, and mostly steals for thrill and enjoyment rather than income since his locksmithing shop supports him well enough.
Appearance: Vance is slightly shorter than average, with short, slick black hair and light blue eyes. During the day he wears a plain white outfit, but an extravagant, cloaked black suit when thieving.
Additional Info:

EDIT: I should also probably note I'll be making another, Shadow, character.
Report Spam   Logged

It's like your on the road to being a goth and you're mostly there, but are perpetuallly stopped at an Ice Cream Parlour or something
REECHEE
Devious Dusclops

View Profile WWW
« Reply #9 on: May 16, 2013, 08:48:10 pm »

so after the prologue is over, about how big is the gap gonna be between this rp and the original sow? i wanna get an idea of how old my characters will have to be. didn't you mention nine years?
Yeah, about nine years, although this part should go by pretty fast.
Though, I planned the nine years according to when Touya's birth parents die and he is taken in by Stern. Thinking whether this is relevant to anything or not. :I

Weapon: I'm not sure how advanced/futuristic this RP is, so I'm not sure.
Additional Info: No personality section? huhwat. *will probably edit personality in later*

EDIT: I should also probably note I'll be making another, Shadow, character.
For the weapons, short-range weapons are very common but there are long-range weapons like crossbows and such. Though, the buildings on Fiel appear slightly futuristic or at least modern in comparison to us.

The Add. Info is literally for anything that wasn't previously put into the character sheet. :O
Report Spam   Logged

?
$      _$$_       $
T-+-(O++O)-+-T
Henri, le Chat Noir
kind of smelly
Malevolent Murkrow

Level: 28

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: May 16, 2013, 09:07:10 pm »

Yeah, about nine years, although this part should go by pretty fast.
Though, I planned the nine years according to when Touya's birth parents die and he is taken in by Stern. Thinking whether this is relevant to anything or not. :I
so ty would be eight then... would it be okay if she was still an rp character in this? i'm gonna mainly be rping ty's mom but i want little babby ty to be a part of this because she plays a huge role in a lot of the decisions that her mother makes.
Report Spam   Logged

"If brains was bees, there'd be no honey between your ears."
-Durry Quill
REECHEE
Devious Dusclops

View Profile WWW
« Reply #11 on: May 16, 2013, 09:10:57 pm »

so ty would be eight then... would it be okay if she was still an rp character in this? i'm gonna mainly be rping ty's mom but i want little babby ty to be a part of this because she plays a huge role in a lot of the decisions that her mother makes.
Oh yeah sure. I just want to get an okay about the nine year pretense from everyone so they can get a plan for their present character.

Also the plot? is posted. :D
Tell me if that works Aryeh.
Report Spam   Logged

?
$      _$$_       $
T-+-(O++O)-+-T
Vansalon
( `≧ω≦´)
Loyal Lotad

Level: 709

( `≧ω≦´)

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: May 16, 2013, 09:40:57 pm »

Edited Vance's profile, and here's my second character:

Name: Loreya Darkspell
Species: Shadow
Element: Shadow
Weapon: Loreya uses a unique longsword. It's thinner than usual, and is serrated along the last few inches of the right side of the blade, and on the left there is a niche carved into the metal (similar to a swordbreaker) with several hooked barbs.
Personality: Loreya in her past life was serene, peaceful, and kindhearted to a fault. However, she was outspoken politically, and made too many enemies for her own good because of her radical views. After a spiral into depression that ended in suicide because of a personal matter, Loreya became a cold hearted Shadow, and the only purpose she cares about now is stalking and slaying her old political enemies, and a few seemingly unrelated persons too.
Appearance: Loreya is about average height. Her hair in her past life was a soft lavender color, but it of course is now the characteristic Shadow ebony. Her hair hangs about three fourths of the way down her back. She wears heavy lavender colored clothing, including a cloak complete with hood, and a metal mask that conceals her identity.
Additional Info:
Report Spam   Logged

It's like your on the road to being a goth and you're mostly there, but are perpetuallly stopped at an Ice Cream Parlour or something
REECHEE
Devious Dusclops

View Profile WWW
« Reply #13 on: May 16, 2013, 09:50:22 pm »

Shadows would use the age at which they became a Shadow. :3
Report Spam   Logged

?
$      _$$_       $
T-+-(O++O)-+-T
Abigail
Member 12 ~ Super High School Level Baseball Player
Wrathful Whirlipede

Level: 65

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: May 16, 2013, 10:14:24 pm »

So friend-o, this is a prequel correct?
My apologies if it has already been answered
Report Spam   Logged

I didn't come out of a comatose state just to help you build a fucking tent.

Those plastic flamingos get very frisky this time of year.
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 6
  Send this topic  |  Print  

Jump to: