Pokémon X and Y Fan Community
April 19, 2024, 06:52:22 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Home Help Search Arcade Gallery SHOUTBOX Staff List Calendar Members Login Register  

Phone Throd

Pages: 1 2 3 [4]
  Send this topic  |  Print  
Author Topic: Phone Throd  (Read 793 times)
Magoo
Princess
Gargantuan Gabite

Level: 34

Wayward Son

View Profile WWW
Badges: (View All)
« Reply #45 on: July 25, 2013, 09:31:47 pm »

I would trade my S3 for an S4 to get the updated Jellybean.
I don't think it's 3 yet though.
But I looked it the other day while shopping and it's got cool new features.
Report Spam   Logged

In the distance, that day, when the star became music.
Coyote Starrk
The Ultimate in Prescribed Drugs
Wrathful Whirlipede

Level: 8

Primera Espada

View Profile
« Reply #46 on: July 29, 2013, 12:04:22 am »

AWWWW THEY'RE CUTE Tongue

I wish I had a Nexus 7, but I'm stuck with this school-monitored iPad mini...
So an iPhone 5?
Report Spam   Logged

Magoo
Princess
Gargantuan Gabite

Level: 34

Wayward Son

View Profile WWW
« Reply #47 on: July 29, 2013, 11:47:07 pm »

So an iPhone 5?

Yeah. Pretty much.
I thought they got refused the iPad Mini name by the patent office...

It's a kindofabitlargeriPhonebutkindofabitsmalleriPad.
Report Spam   Logged

In the distance, that day, when the star became music.
klondikebar
Global Moderator
Malevolent Murkrow

Level: 44

View Profile
« Reply #48 on: July 30, 2013, 06:58:53 am »

Yeah. Pretty much.
I thought they got refused the iPad Mini name by the patent office...

It's a kindofabitlargeriPhonebutkindofabitsmalleriPad.

It's also complete crap. It's supposed to be for "education", but I managed to find a way to get a gameboy emulator without having to jailbreak, and managed to get everyone in the school back into pokemon :p
Report Spam   Logged
Shihen
Magical Misdreavus

Level: 5

View Profile WWW
« Reply #49 on: July 30, 2013, 07:08:27 am »

It's also complete crap. It's supposed to be for "education", but I managed to find a way to get a gameboy emulator without having to jailbreak, and managed to get everyone in the school back into pokemon :p
At least you got a free iPad! All we get is a free raspberry pi...
Report Spam   Logged

klondikebar
Global Moderator
Malevolent Murkrow

View Profile
« Reply #50 on: July 30, 2013, 07:59:08 am »

At least you got a free iPad! All we get is a free raspberry pi...

It wasn't free, we got a £30-ish discount.

I'd rather a raspberry pi, although I really don't know what to do with my current one. I set it up as a media center using OpenELEC, but it constantly crashed and froze, and took forever to boot. Also, my Pi has a problem where if you turn the TV/Monitior on after turning the Pi on, it won't show any picture, so I can't have it running constantly because it wouldn't display an image when i turn my TV back on.
Report Spam   Logged
Coyote Starrk
Wrathful Whirlipede

Primera Espada

View Profile
« Reply #51 on: July 30, 2013, 11:00:22 am »

It wasn't free, we got a Ł30-ish discount.

I'd rather a raspberry pi, although I really don't know what to do with my current one. I set it up as a media center using OpenELEC, but it constantly crashed and froze, and took forever to boot. Also, my Pi has a problem where if you turn the TV/Monitior on after turning the Pi on, it won't show any picture, so I can't have it running constantly because it wouldn't display an image when i turn my TV back on.
By another Pi and combine them for more processing power, might help your situation. If it doesn't, keep adding more Pis until you either fix yor problem or wind up with a super computer.
Report Spam   Logged

klondikebar
Global Moderator
Malevolent Murkrow

View Profile
« Reply #52 on: July 30, 2013, 11:32:59 am »

By another Pi and combine them for more processing power, might help your situation. If it doesn't, keep adding more Pis until you either fix yor problem or wind up with a super computer.

I think the problem stems from the power supply I'm using. It's an HTC charger that supposedly works, but I think it's what's been giving me issues. I might try my Apple charger instead.

Another thing might be that most raspberry pi apps seem to be supporting the newer model which has double the amount of RAM.
Report Spam   Logged
Coyote Starrk
Wrathful Whirlipede

Primera Espada

View Profile
« Reply #53 on: July 30, 2013, 11:35:37 am »

I think the problem stems from the power supply I'm using. It's an HTC charger that supposedly works, but I think it's what's been giving me issues. I might try my Apple charger instead.

Another thing might be that most raspberry pi apps seem to be supporting the newer model which has double the amount of RAM.
cant you use older software and such? or get a new Pi and hook it up to your current one and have more ram than required?
Report Spam   Logged

Shihen
Magical Misdreavus

View Profile WWW
« Reply #54 on: July 30, 2013, 01:25:31 pm »

Just make sure it's powering at about 4.5-5V±, no higher, and you certainly don't want to go lower.
I use my pi for a media centre too, not really much I can think of doing with mine as I also have an Arduino. I prefer using Arduino boards for electrical stuff as if you blow the chip, it's cheaper to replace as you can just take it out and buy a new one. Unfortunately if you blow the Pi, you have to buy the whole thing again.
Although I wouldn't mind having another pi (even though our university is giving out free ones, it's only started this year to the freshers) to do some crazy networking stuff.

Ł30 cheaper!? I personally would have just bought a fresh new one for the 30gbp difference. (Also didn't know that you were British? Tongue)
Report Spam   Logged

klondikebar
Global Moderator
Malevolent Murkrow

View Profile
« Reply #55 on: July 30, 2013, 03:01:47 pm »

Just make sure it's powering at about 4.5-5V±, no higher, and you certainly don't want to go lower.
I use my pi for a media centre too, not really much I can think of doing with mine as I also have an Arduino. I prefer using Arduino boards for electrical stuff as if you blow the chip, it's cheaper to replace as you can just take it out and buy a new one. Unfortunately if you blow the Pi, you have to buy the whole thing again.
Although I wouldn't mind having another pi (even though our university is giving out free ones, it's only started this year to the freshers) to do some crazy networking stuff.

£30 cheaper!? I personally would have just bought a fresh new one for the 30gbp difference. (Also didn't know that you were British? Tongue)

Damn right I'm British.

I need some things to do on the Pi, but I don't really know what. I want to do some cool codery hackery things but I don't have the knowledge...
Report Spam   Logged
Coyote Starrk
Wrathful Whirlipede

Primera Espada

View Profile
« Reply #56 on: July 30, 2013, 03:05:45 pm »

Damn right I'm British.

I need some things to do on the Pi, but I don't really know what. I want to do some cool codery hackery things but I don't have the knowledge...
doesnt the raspberry pi have all sorts of documentation and API stuff on their site so you can do all the codery hackery stuff all you want?
Report Spam   Logged

klondikebar
Global Moderator
Malevolent Murkrow

View Profile
« Reply #57 on: July 30, 2013, 03:47:15 pm »

doesnt the raspberry pi have all sorts of documentation and API stuff on their site so you can do all the codery hackery stuff all you want?

Eh, kind of. A lot of the cooler things require a knowledge on a lot of hardware, most of which I know nothing about.
Report Spam   Logged
Shihen
Magical Misdreavus

View Profile WWW
« Reply #58 on: July 30, 2013, 03:54:44 pm »

Knowledge is easy to come by; it's harder trying to decide what to do xD

Damn right I'm British.

I'd recommend learning electronics as you go along. I'm currently messing around with photovoltaics. Tongue I think next I'll try developing my own OS with the Raspberry Pi.

Eh, kind of. A lot of the cooler things require a knowledge on a lot of hardware, most of which I know nothing about.
Find something you want to do and learn as you go. Tongue

Some useful websites for parts/bits&bobs
http://www.rapidonline.com/
http://www.active-robots.com/
Report Spam   Logged

klondikebar
Global Moderator
Malevolent Murkrow

View Profile
« Reply #59 on: July 30, 2013, 04:14:04 pm »

Knowledge is easy to come by; it's harder trying to decide what to do xD

I'd recommend learning electronics as you go along. I'm currently messing around with photovoltaics. Tongue I think next I'll try developing my own OS with the Raspberry Pi.
Find something you want to do and learn as you go. Tongue

Some useful websites for parts/bits&bobs
http://www.rapidonline.com/
http://www.active-robots.com/

I found one small guide, it basically shows that you can attach all the motors and batteries to a smalll board called a Pico Borg, which you then attach to the Pi. The board has it's own API and library, one of the functions was literally "TurtleBorg.MoveForward". Robotics are cool Tongue
Report Spam   Logged
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]
  Send this topic  |  Print  

Jump to: