Pokémon X and Y Fan Community
April 19, 2024, 04:20:07 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Home Help Search Arcade Gallery SHOUTBOX Staff List Calendar Members Login Register  

DuoLingo: Learn a new language FREE

Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6]
  Send this topic  |  Print  
Author Topic: DuoLingo: Learn a new language FREE  (Read 1149 times)
Aperl
Eccentric Elgyem

Level: 20

View Profile
Badges: (View All)
« Reply #75 on: April 27, 2013, 08:01:14 pm »

I'd vote against it tbh. I've noticed that girls in their teens are pretty quick to get into relationships but also pretty quick to get out of them. (Or maybe that's just with me lol) I'd go for someone at your own stage in life. Smiley

On to the topic though Tongue
I'd love to speak German to someone when I'm angry - you wouldn't even have to shout! It sounds so... aggressive and beautiful to me! I just wished that I had the time to learn it.

Many people want to learn Japanese and most are indeed weaboos. (Some people in my class are just... wow) There's no easy way but it's not hard either. Just like with any language, if you don't study it, you won't learn it. I see people dropping out after learning hiragana or upon hitting verb forms. 'There's too many rules to learn' or whatever, and that's without even getting to plain/formal forms. Tones are sometimes an issue, like with はし but generally not a problem. Nothing like Mandarin with 4 tones, or even worse Cantonese with up to 9 tones lol.

Here's a site I recommend for learning languages: http://www.italki.com It's a social network site for learning languages so I wouldn't use it for starting out with but good for the next level.

I'm looking forward to seeing DuoLingo implement Japanese lessons. I'll bookmark it for now Cheesy
Sad Mint <3
I totally get what you're saying Smiley.
That's in fact why I'm not so keen on having relationships locally. I feel that long-distance friendships will just last longer.
And maybe sometime in like 5 years or so, she will come back, or invite me to Columbia and then if things become serious then it's fine.
I'm not in a hurry, and I'm not specially looking for relationships right now.
I'm doing my best to be more sociable though. But it doesn't mean I need to be in a couple.

One of my friends was learning German and Japanese (he is autistic so it took him like two weeks before he was fluent xD) and I told him he chose the losing side of the second world war. But hey, with my Italian I'm actually on the hypocritical side ^^.
Report Spam   Logged

WHy do i have a feeling your going to be the serious wise man of the forum Tongue
D:< I hate you! That made WAY to much sense.
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6]
  Send this topic  |  Print  

Jump to: