Pokémon X and Y Fan Community
April 20, 2024, 07:16:16 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Home Help Search Arcade Gallery SHOUTBOX Staff List Calendar Members Login Register  

Ash - Why So Much Hate?

Pages: [1]
  Send this topic  |  Print  
Author Topic: Ash - Why So Much Hate?  (Read 106 times)
Aperl
Eccentric Elgyem

Level: 20

View Profile
Badges: (View All)
« on: March 17, 2013, 10:58:21 pm »

I just thought about that [Insert Slowpoke meme here], but in the games, and I'm talking about Gens I and II, we see Misty and Brock as Gym leaders, but not Ash.
And then we see Red, and we're all like "Man, it's totally Ash!" and we get told that no, Red is just Red.
And then we're like "But he's against Blue, and Blue's totally Gary!" and nope, it turns out that Blue is just Blue.
So well... Ash is nowhere. But Misty and Brock are there.
Isn't this sad?

I actually remember this guy from the basement of the Trainer Club (or something) in Silver, who had Charizard, Blastoise and Venusaur (or was it Typhlosion, Feraligatr and Meganium?) level 50, whom we can fight like once a day. He's secretly Ash.
Yep.
I'm sure of it. ^^
Report Spam   Logged

WHy do i have a feeling your going to be the serious wise man of the forum Tongue
D:< I hate you! That made WAY to much sense.

Share on Facebook Share on Twitter

Magoo
Princess
Gargantuan Gabite

Level: 34

Wayward Son

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: March 17, 2013, 11:04:26 pm »

I just thought about that [Insert Slowpoke meme here], but in the games, and I'm talking about Gens I and II, we see Misty and Brock as Gym leaders, but not Ash.
And then we see Red, and we're all like "Man, it's totally Ash!" and we get told that no, Red is just Red.
And then we're like "But he's against Blue, and Blue's totally Gary!" and nope, it turns out that Blue is just Blue.
Isn't this sad?

I actually remember this guy from the basement of the Trainer Club (or something) in Silver, who had Charizard, Blastoise and Venusaur (or was it Typhlosion, Feraligatr and Meganium?) level 50, whom we can fight like once a day. He's secretly Ash.
Yep.
I'm sure of it. ^^

It's because the anime is based on the games. Not the other way around.
Ash is based on Red.
Since Ash isn't called Red, it made no sense to call the rival Green (since in the original Japanese game, it's Green - it's Blue only in the translated version).
They called him Gary.
Again, that's only in the Western anime. The original anime names are Satoshi (the name of the creator of Pokemon) for Ash and Shigeru Okido (Shigeru is the name of the creator of Mario, Donkey Kong, Zelda and Pikmin to name a few).

Also, in the manga, which is closer to the game, they kept the colors names.
Report Spam   Logged

In the distance, that day, when the star became music.
Steel
Shellfish Pokémon
Gallant Gligar

Level: 43

カメックス

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 17, 2013, 11:05:32 pm »

Isn't this sad?

Yep.
I'm sure of it. ^^
The anime is based of the game. Ash is the anime creator's vison of Red.

It's like how Red and Link are nameable, we are supposed to project our images of these people onto them. they never speak, but we picture their answers.

Ash is Satoshi Tajiri or Probably another creator of the show's image of Red.

Blue is the same thing, Gary is their projection of Blue.
Report Spam   Logged

Aperl
Eccentric Elgyem

Level: 20

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 17, 2013, 11:17:58 pm »

It's because the anime is based on the games. Not the other way around.
Ash is based on Red.
Since Ash isn't called Red, it made no sense to call the rival Green (since in the original Japanese game, it's Green - it's Blue only in the translated version).
They called him Gary.
Again, that's only in the Western anime. The original anime names are Satoshi (the name of the creator of Pokemon) for Ash and Shigeru Okido (Shigeru is the name of the creator of Mario, Donkey Kong, Zelda and Pikmin to name a few).

Also, in the manga, which is closer to the game, they kept the colors names.
It all makes sense Smiley.
Except that Red is that awesome dark player, champion of the world who cannot talk, while Ash is very, like, immature, almost loser, talking a lot and always hanging out with friends. The last person I'd expect in the Silver Cave, let's say. ^^

The anime is based of the game. Ash is the anime creator's vison of Red.

It's like how Red and Link are nameable, we are supposed to project our images of these people onto them. they never speak, but we picture their answers.

Ash is Satoshi Tajiri or Probably another creator of the show's image of Red.

Blue is the same thing, Gary is their projection of Blue.
I see ^^. And yup I heard about that nameless, and speechless characters.
And the theory that Red in the Silver Cave is just the player hero from the game Red (or Blue, Green, Yellow).
Report Spam   Logged

WHy do i have a feeling your going to be the serious wise man of the forum Tongue
D:< I hate you! That made WAY to much sense.
Pages: [1]
  Send this topic  |  Print  

Jump to: