Pokémon X and Y Fan Community
March 29, 2024, 09:29:51 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Home Help Search Arcade Gallery SHOUTBOX Staff List Calendar Members Login Register  

Suspect Test of Deoxys-D

Pages: [1]
  Send this topic  |  Print  
Author Topic: Suspect Test of Deoxys-D  (Read 434 times)
Atomica
The humor is so sharp, so witty, so subtle, in fact, that you'd almost swear there wasn't any at all.
Global Moderator
Devious Dusclops

Level: 38

Pokémon Friend Code:: Black: 1635 3527 0646

Boba Fett sucks

View Profile
Badges: (View All)
« on: February 13, 2013, 11:13:32 am »

http://www.smogon.com/forums/showthread.php?t=3478726

So now Smogon are testing Deoxys Defence forme.  Keep in this mind this thing was previously UU and not really causing much harm, so looks like they just wanna test everything now.  Their need to go after the Gen 4 ubers still makes me thing they are barely ready for gen 6 since they still arent even in the gen 5 mindset and are stuck in gen 4 still xD  Also what happened to testing Ubers to potentially come back now cos of the bw2 change, they said they were gonna do that but they only did it with a couple.  Looks like they just wanna ban more rather than seeking to unban.  What happened to Smogon's philosophy of having the best balanced metagame with the least banned mons possible.
Report Spam   Logged

Pull List: Smallville Season #11, The Phantom Stranger, Arrow, Avengers, Doctor Who: Prisoners of Time, Trinity of Sin Pandora, New Avengers, Justice League, Justice League Dark, Justice League of America
Events: Infinity, Forever Evil

Share on Facebook Share on Twitter

Jcbklyn707
Administrator
Energetic Electabuzz

Level: 36

Pokémon Friend Code:: 3955 0204 5283

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: February 13, 2013, 12:09:02 pm »

http://www.smogon.com/forums/showthread.php?t=3478726

So now Smogon are testing Deoxys Defence forme.  Keep in this mind this thing was previously UU and not really causing much harm, so looks like they just wanna test everything now.  Their need to go after the Gen 4 ubers still makes me thing they are barely ready for gen 6 since they still arent even in the gen 5 mindset and are stuck in gen 4 still xD  Also what happened to testing Ubers to potentially come back now cos of the bw2 change, they said they were gonna do that but they only did it with a couple.  Looks like they just wanna ban more rather than seeking to unban.  What happened to Smogon's philosophy of having the best balanced metagame with the least banned mons possible.

That's actually not the case at all, pokemon are banned from a tier when they are either too overcentralizing or they break the metagame. Genesect had extremely high usage and dominated OU since its release, and Tor-T was a menace in OU with Hurricane, U-turn, and Regenerator. The only possible ubers left that could be tested are Excadrill, Blaziken and without some stupid complex ban on their abilities, they're staying uber. And remember we did get Garchomp back with the ban on Sand Veil and even Kyurem-B into OU, so Smogon is still remaining objective with their tiering system.

In the case of Deoxys-D, I see completely why it is being suspected now. First off, its role on hyper offensive teams is huge, it can easily set up both Stealth Rocks and numerous layers of spikes and make things so much easier for the team, especially when facing stall teams. The second thing is that Deoxys-D is almost extremely impossible to OHKO with a faster poke to prevent it from doing anything, the only sure fire way to do so in my experience is Tyranitar's Choice Banded Crunch, and that is hoping he doesn't pack Reflect. Don't get me wrong, Deoxy-D is like no other past suspect in 5th gen, he has no sweeping potential, but the fact that he is so bulky, so diverse in his movepool, and reasonably fast makes him a threat against any team.

It will be interesting to see how this one turns out.
Report Spam   Logged

Teenage Mutant Ninja Squirtles
Squirtle PowA!!!!!!!!!
Magical Misdreavus

Level: 6

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 13, 2013, 02:50:09 pm »

Its a fast and bulky hazard-setter. It does it's job better than any other pokemon in the metagame. Most hazard-setters are either sluggish or have poor defence. Deoxys-D excelles in deffencive stats and is very quite fast for what it does (base 100 speed). It also gets some nice moves aswell. I agree with it being Uber.
Report Spam   Logged

Atomica
The humor is so sharp, so witty, so subtle, in fact, that you'd almost swear there wasn't any at all.
Global Moderator
Devious Dusclops

Boba Fett sucks

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 13, 2013, 02:58:06 pm »

Considering the thing was in UU until not too long ago, it's probably not Uber material.  Sure it's good but this Gen 5 OU the power creep gen, loads of things are really powerful.  Deoxys-D is definitely not at the top of that list.  Smogon have lost their credibility with me the last few months because they are going back on their word about re-testing and instead just banning things that are nowhere near broken or doing ridiculous stuff like unbanning evasion.  I'm quite disapointed because I used to defend them, but now it's crazy.
Report Spam   Logged

Pull List: Smallville Season #11, The Phantom Stranger, Arrow, Avengers, Doctor Who: Prisoners of Time, Trinity of Sin Pandora, New Avengers, Justice League, Justice League Dark, Justice League of America
Teenage Mutant Ninja Squirtles
Squirtle PowA!!!!!!!!!
Magical Misdreavus

Level: 6

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 13, 2013, 03:03:17 pm »

Considering the thing was in UU until not too long ago, it's probably not Uber material.  Sure it's good but this Gen 5 OU the power creep gen, loads of things are really powerful.  Deoxys-D is definitely not at the top of that list.  Smogon have lost their credibility with me the last few months because they are going back on their word about re-testing and instead just banning things that are nowhere near broken or doing ridiculous stuff like unbanning evasion.  I'm quite disapointed because I used to defend them, but now it's crazy.
This is why I only play UU or NU. You can't kill NU. There are over 200 pokemon in that tier (most of them suck but its still loads nontheless) and UU as it is just as powerfull and the closest thing to gen 4 OU. Infact, half the pokemon in UU were OU in gen 4.
Report Spam   Logged

Jcbklyn707
Administrator
Energetic Electabuzz

Level: 36

Pokémon Friend Code:: 3955 0204 5283

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 28, 2013, 01:27:02 am »

Deoxys-D was banned after the suspect testing.
Report Spam   Logged

Atomica
Global Moderator
Devious Dusclops

Boba Fett sucks

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 28, 2013, 09:59:34 am »

Deoxys-D was banned after the suspect testing.
If I didnt not stop caring about gen 5's metagame because of gen 6 happening soon, I would say that this is an epic fail and why is an average pokemon being banned, but I won't ask that because I stopped caring Tongue
Report Spam   Logged

Pages: [1]
  Send this topic  |  Print  

Jump to: