Pokémon X and Y Fan Community
March 28, 2024, 03:28:22 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Home Help Search Arcade Gallery SHOUTBOX Staff List Calendar Members Login Register  

My Sub - Dance Skarmory set

Pages: [1]
  Send this topic  |  Print  
Author Topic: My Sub - Dance Skarmory set  (Read 326 times)
Teenage Mutant Ninja Squirtles
Squirtle PowA!!!!!!!!!
Magical Misdreavus

Level: 6

View Profile
Badges: (View All)
« on: January 19, 2013, 10:49:04 am »

You all know of Skarmory to be a solid wall, but not anymore. You have been walled by one since Ruby/Saphire, and now, you will be swept by one (I was very bored today).

Skarmory
Ability: Sturdy/ Weak Armor
Nature: Adamant
Item: Leftovers/ Liechi Berry/ Salac Berry - Its your personal preference
EV spread: 116 HP (just enough to hit the 300 mark)/ 252 Attack (Duh!)/ 140 SpD/ Deffence
Move set: Drill Peck/ Brave Bird - Brave Bird is to be used if you are not using Sturdy as they don't work well together :p
              Substitute - Allows it to sit behind a sub and with its natural bulk and good coverage, it will be hard to break
              Agility/ Swords Dance - Its your personal preference
              Roost/ Night Slash - Roost if you want health but you will only have one attacking move. I would recomend the use or Brave Bird over Drill Peck in this case. Night slash covers a few threats and is the best secondary move in it's arsenal. Another option would be X-Scissor but I would only recomend it for the extra 10 damage.

Set 2 - 2 boost (Agility + SD = win)
Ability: Sturdy - You will always be able to take a hit/ Weak Armor - Lose deffence but you gain even more speed
Nature: Jolly/ Adamant - Its speed ot attack. Its your choice. Though I would recomend Jolly as it will then be able to outspeed MOST scarfed threats after an Agility.
Item: Liechi Berry/ Salac Berry/ Lum Berry - Again, use what ever you want (Lum Berry if you choose to use Rest)
EV spread: 4 HP/ 252 Attack/ 252 Speed
Move set: Swords Dance - self explainitory
               Agility- Same reason as above
               Drill Peck/ Brave Bird - Brave Bird is to be used if you are not using Sturdy as they don't work well together
               Roost/ Night Slash/ Rest - Same reason as last set

Set 3- Scarfmory
Ability: Weak Armor/ Sturdy
Nature: Jolly/ Adamant - Adamant only if you want the extra attack, its your choice
Item: Choice Scarf
Ev Spread: 4 HP/ 252 Attack/ 252 Speed
Move set: Brave Bird/ Drill Peck - Though you will lose 'Sturdy' after a Brave Bird, its worth it with this set (and necessary)
               Return/ Slash - Doesn't make a huge difference but its either damage or extra cit hit chance (more potential damage)
               Night Slash - Has a high crit hit chance (making Slash redundant)/ Pursuit - Catch them on the switch, it does extra damage and they will never expect it
              X-scissor - There are no other moves available. It is Skarmory after all :p

I also know a Curse set but its not as good as the other 3 so I wouldn't bother.

After all of this, I thought of many other (and better) pokemon that would be better off with a 'novalty' set but like I said at the beginning, I was bored and there is no real reason why this can't work (especialy with the reason that they will never see it comming. Thank you for reading and tell me if you want to see other (unothadox) sets with other pokemon.

You are now all free to make fun of me for this Smiley
Report Spam   Logged

Share on Facebook Share on Twitter

Sho Minamimoto
The SKILLED Battler ಠ_ಠ
Bold Bagon

Level: 11

So fahnny joke.

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: January 19, 2013, 12:00:20 pm »

Not gonna lie, clever. I love to see unusual sets. Makes Pokemon incredibly more fun. It's clever and knowing people probably just fix Skarmory to just be a wall, you can throw them back against the wall. Case in point: Fire/Fighting is a common switch to Skarmory. Pretty sure nothing would stand a chance, and if it's just fire, Drill Peck is still too much damage.
Report Spam   Logged

We're discussing political feels, you've probably never felt them before.

Dat White FC: 0132 1093 8213
Atomica
The humor is so sharp, so witty, so subtle, in fact, that you'd almost swear there wasn't any at all.
Global Moderator
Devious Dusclops

Level: 38

Pokémon Friend Code:: Black: 1635 3527 0646

Boba Fett sucks

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 19, 2013, 01:29:55 pm »

you should add a poll to see what some people think is the best of the three Tongue
Report Spam   Logged

Pull List: Smallville Season #11, The Phantom Stranger, Arrow, Avengers, Doctor Who: Prisoners of Time, Trinity of Sin Pandora, New Avengers, Justice League, Justice League Dark, Justice League of America
Events: Infinity, Forever Evil
Jcbklyn707
Administrator
Energetic Electabuzz

Level: 36

Pokémon Friend Code:: 3955 0204 5283

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 19, 2013, 02:13:51 pm »

Skarmory's coverage is terrible and it has no priority. If you're going to attempt a Swords Dance sweep in OU, and trust me getting one Swords Dance up in OU is hard enough, try to at least use something that has more initiative like Breloom or Terrakion or Garchomp. Even Moxie Honchkrow outclasses Skarm in this aspect, 125 Attack plus Sucker Punch and acces to Superpower.

I've seen this set on the Battle Subway before and I just consider it a joke because Skarm is so bad at this. If Skarm was in PU this would be a different story.
Report Spam   Logged

Teenage Mutant Ninja Squirtles
Squirtle PowA!!!!!!!!!
Magical Misdreavus

Level: 6

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 19, 2013, 02:27:39 pm »

Skarmory's coverage is terrible and it has no priority. If you're going to attempt a Swords Dance sweep in OU, and trust me getting one Swords Dance up in OU is hard enough, try to at least use something that has more initiative like Breloom or Terrakion or Garchomp. Even Moxie Honchkrow outclasses Skarm in this aspect, 125 Attack plus Sucker Punch and acces to Superpower.

I've seen this set on the Battle Subway before and I just consider it a joke because Skarm is so bad at this. If Skarm was in PU this would be a different story.

The idea behind the sets are to be unorthadox. I know many pokemon can pull off these unorthadox sets better. I even stated it myself. I just thought it would be the most unorthadox to see it on a Skarmory. Skarmory has no priority moves on my sets as it has no access to any. I can make unorthadox sets on other pokemon that will work if that meets your fancy.

People will see Skarmory as a deffensive threat. If/ when I force the switch, I can set up. It can also work late game when all Skarmory's threats have gone.

If you don't mind my asking, what is 'Battle Subway'?
Report Spam   Logged

Atomica
The humor is so sharp, so witty, so subtle, in fact, that you'd almost swear there wasn't any at all.
Global Moderator
Devious Dusclops

Level: 38

Pokémon Friend Code:: Black: 1635 3527 0646

Boba Fett sucks

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 19, 2013, 02:31:32 pm »

it's a battle facility in Pokémon Black and White in Nimbasa City.
Report Spam   Logged

Pull List: Smallville Season #11, The Phantom Stranger, Arrow, Avengers, Doctor Who: Prisoners of Time, Trinity of Sin Pandora, New Avengers, Justice League, Justice League Dark, Justice League of America
Events: Infinity, Forever Evil
Jcbklyn707
Administrator
Energetic Electabuzz

Level: 36

Pokémon Friend Code:: 3955 0204 5283

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 20, 2013, 05:49:36 pm »

The idea behind the sets are to be unorthadox. I know many pokemon can pull off these unorthadox sets better. I even stated it myself. I just thought it would be the most unorthadox to see it on a Skarmory. Skarmory has no priority moves on my sets as it has no access to any. I can make unorthadox sets on other pokemon that will work if that meets your fancy.

People will see Skarmory as a deffensive threat. If/ when I force the switch, I can set up. It can also work late game when all Skarmory's threats have gone.

Just because something is unorthodox does not mean it will work especially in such a tightknit metagame like OU. If you force a switch with Skarm, it will be highly likely to something that can directly force Skarm out, so your Swords Dance is wasted and you just gave your opponent the knowledge that you lack bulk which means your Skarm is now dead weight.

If there's a reason why an unorthodox set like this is never seen, it's probably due to the fact that it isn't any good competitively. Slow Swords Dancers are very seldom for a reason, they are easily checked and revenge killed. You also mentioned about using Skarm late game; well smart players keep their revenge killers alive for late game. Revenge killers in OU include really powerful and fast threats, and the vast majority of which nowadays have moves that can easily dispatch of Skarm.
Report Spam   Logged

Pages: [1]
  Send this topic  |  Print  

Jump to: