Pokémon X and Y Fan Community
April 19, 2024, 02:48:33 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Home Help Search Arcade Gallery SHOUTBOX Staff List Calendar Members Login Register  

Pokemon X and Pokemon Y Thread (Spoilers within) - Out 12th October 2013

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 76
  Send this topic  |  Print  
Author Topic: Pokemon X and Pokemon Y Thread (Spoilers within) - Out 12th October 2013  (Read 10999 times)
Richie625
Hungry Hippopotas

Level: 9

View Profile
Badges: (View All)
« Reply #30 on: January 08, 2013, 05:58:22 am »

Is it just but does the region in the screens look very European. (With the building design.)
Maybe the new region is based off of somewhere in Europe?

And yeah I double posted a bit too, I'd just think a new Gen would be an exception xD.

Yea people on tumblr said it looked like it could possibly be set in Paris =D

Also if you'd like to use this for the first post... It's smaller so it fits better plus has them both on one image

And then this image OMG
Report Spam   Logged

Chaos
Effeminate pansy with no social skills
Gutsy Golbat

Level: 17

Hmm...

View Profile
« Reply #31 on: January 08, 2013, 05:59:45 am »

The animation in battles look freaking amazing, very similar to the anime.

And yeah thanks for the pics.
Report Spam   Logged

Richie625
Hungry Hippopotas

View Profile
« Reply #32 on: January 08, 2013, 06:06:21 am »

I know its sooooo amazing.... Well... I think I should head back to bed now xD When I wake back up I cant wait to continue talking about this!! =DDDD
Report Spam   Logged

Chaos
Effeminate pansy with no social skills
Gutsy Golbat

Level: 17

Hmm...

View Profile
« Reply #33 on: January 08, 2013, 06:14:14 am »

It's kinda bittersweet since no more rom hacks or emulated lets plays. (For now at least)
It's kinda sad the iconic sprite battle style gone now, we've all played in that way for so long, but it's about time to bring in the new.

The good thing is that everything will be found out through playing it rather being leaked through the game code or something.
I wonder how this game will affect competitive battling.

Report Spam   Logged

Atomica
The humor is so sharp, so witty, so subtle, in fact, that you'd almost swear there wasn't any at all.
Global Moderator
Devious Dusclops

Level: 38

Pokémon Friend Code:: Black: 1635 3527 0646

Boba Fett sucks

View Profile
« Reply #34 on: January 08, 2013, 06:46:15 am »

HOLY CRIPES IT'S GEN 6!

I'm so stunned right now, coming back home to this crazyness.

X and Y are strange names, wonder what that means for the plot and the legends.

The starts look quite unique.  Grass looks interesting, Fire looks pretty cool, Water doesnt look best but it's unique so I still like that.  Legends are a bit confusing, I wonder what their backstory is and one of them looks like a Y.  It's funny how there is fanart already.  I'd think they would just have the names of the games revealed, not the starters too Shocked

So it's 3D.. I dont know it will work and I hope controls are the same and stuff, I dont want it too 3D ya know and it does look a bit strange, but hopefully I can get used to it.  Though I'm disapointed it's not an RSE remake because I would have prefered Hoenn in BW style as opposed to this.

Remember to report lots on this peoples!  Lots of threads, maybe a Generation 6 board would be good.
Report Spam   Logged

Pull List: Smallville Season #11, The Phantom Stranger, Arrow, Avengers, Doctor Who: Prisoners of Time, Trinity of Sin Pandora, New Avengers, Justice League, Justice League Dark, Justice League of America
Events: Infinity, Forever Evil
Atomica
The humor is so sharp, so witty, so subtle, in fact, that you'd almost swear there wasn't any at all.
Global Moderator
Devious Dusclops

Boba Fett sucks

View Profile
« Reply #35 on: January 08, 2013, 06:53:15 am »

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2MYbmIxzer8&feature=player_embedded

here's the video

Lots of confusing things like swinging from ropes o.o
The overworld people look a bit tall, it's kind of weird xD
and I hope the battle animation dont take too long... though they look cool, it'll take time.
It's awesome that it looks they are revealing all the names in all the languages at once.

And please please don't have the pokemon say their names like the anime o.o
Though I wanted Pikachu Aerobics xD jk (it'll be the next game though)

Third version will be "Z" probably xD

I feel this does stop us getting a Gen 5 battle game for the Wii(U) but we may get a Gen 6 one on Wii U.

I hope there is still compatability with Gen 5 cos the engines do look very different so I'm hoping it still works.
Report Spam   Logged

Pull List: Smallville Season #11, The Phantom Stranger, Arrow, Avengers, Doctor Who: Prisoners of Time, Trinity of Sin Pandora, New Avengers, Justice League, Justice League Dark, Justice League of America
DAF
Sassy Snivy

Level: 14

View Profile
« Reply #36 on: January 08, 2013, 07:20:48 am »

I took a swing at drawing that new fire starter.

I think that after two Gens of not using a fire starter, I'll be using one now.
Report Spam   Logged
Atomica
Global Moderator
Devious Dusclops

Boba Fett sucks

View Profile
« Reply #37 on: January 08, 2013, 07:35:36 am »

nice picture Frank!  Fennekin is actually perfect for your art style, I knew you'd be getting that one.  (how many people will call it Mozilla haha)

http://www.nintendo.com/nintendo-direct/archive/01-08-2013/
^ anyways here is the press release, was very good to watch and has lots of cool things to describe Pokémon's history and leading up to now. Smiley

IT WILL BE OUT IN ALL COUNTRIES AT THE SAME TIME
I wont have to import because it's out for all of us, they've achieved the awesomeness of worldwide release.  October 2013 everyone!
Report Spam   Logged

DAF
Sassy Snivy

Level: 14

View Profile
« Reply #38 on: January 08, 2013, 07:57:28 am »

nice picture Frank!  Fennekin is actually perfect for your art style, I knew you'd be getting that one.  (how many people will call it Mozilla haha)

http://www.nintendo.com/nintendo-direct/archive/01-08-2013/
^ anyways here is the press release, was very good to watch and has lots of cool things to describe Pokémon's history and leading up to now. Smiley

IT WILL BE OUT IN ALL COUNTRIES AT THE SAME TIME
I wont have to import because it's out for all of us, they've achieved the awesomeness of worldwide release.  October 2013 everyone!
Thanks!

And that's a relief. Seeing it out everywhere at one time.
Report Spam   Logged
RSC Cooper Inc
Don't live to make people happy, but to inspire happiness.
Global Moderator
Eccentric Elgyem

Level: 22

Currently going crazy

View Profile
« Reply #39 on: January 08, 2013, 10:10:33 am »

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!! HAPPINESSSSSSSSSS!!!!!!!!!
Love it love it love it! I should have woken up to watch this!!!! I thiught it would only be in japanese!
Report Spam   Logged

Please help me level up my 1000th Fusemon Pokeball!
Milky13
Dr.Smiles
Energetic Electabuzz

Level: 24

View Profile
« Reply #40 on: January 08, 2013, 10:12:29 am »

HOLY ****! I think I just started liking Pokemon again.
Report Spam   Logged

Bi people get about 20% more sex than Hetero or Homosexual people because of the minuscule amount of ****s they give.
Richie625
Hungry Hippopotas

View Profile
« Reply #41 on: January 08, 2013, 11:34:15 am »

It's kinda bittersweet since no more rom hacks or emulated lets plays. (For now at least)
It's kinda sad the iconic sprite battle style gone now, we've all played in that way for so long, but it's about time to bring in the new.

The good thing is that everything will be found out through playing it rather being leaked through the game code or something.
I wonder how this game will affect competitive battling.

I mean I'm a bit upset thinking how spriting may be changed forever, or eventually just die out.. But you know, it's time for something new, and eventually it may die out but I think after Gen6... I have a feeling really amazing artists will end up making fan art that will be put on spriters-resource and what not and people end up using that if anything xDD Who knows honestly..

I also find the battle scenes to be absolutely brilliant! The one thing I would like to have is to control the battles.. Like be able to try and dodge, counter, move around the field, etc... We got this far so YEA! =D

HOLY CRIPES IT'S GEN 6!

I'm so stunned right now, coming back home to this crazyness.

X and Y are strange names, wonder what that means for the plot and the legends.

The starts look quite unique.  Grass looks interesting, Fire looks pretty cool, Water doesnt look best but it's unique so I still like that.  Legends are a bit confusing, I wonder what their backstory is and one of them looks like a Y.  It's funny how there is fanart already.  I'd think they would just have the names of the games revealed, not the starters too Shocked

So it's 3D.. I dont know it will work and I hope controls are the same and stuff, I dont want it too 3D ya know and it does look a bit strange, but hopefully I can get used to it.  Though I'm disapointed it's not an RSE remake because I would have prefered Hoenn in BW style as opposed to this.

Remember to report lots on this peoples!  Lots of threads, maybe a Generation 6 board would be good.

I love the names for the games!! I think XY is great, something that I haven't heard or scene before while also connecting it to the legendaries in multiple ways =D

I love all the starters.. n_n With all new generations, I do not demean any new Pokemon just because they are new, I appreciate them all.. n_n I think the Grass one is so so cute, and the water one is definitely unique.. Watch it have a killer final evolution xD The fire one is definitely my favorite though =D I might just end up choosing that! But I never end up keeping my starter on my team, lets see what happens this time haha..

I remember talking about it a few days ago, and I still stick to my word wishing for a 6th gen first and then a RSE remake because that allows the RSE remake to have all the abilities the 6th gen game would have, and well how can they just go back now? xD I understand why u wanted it in 5th gen style completely so i dont blame you xD I'm just happy they remade their sprites and even the gym leader sprites for BW2 n_n

here's the video

Lots of confusing things like swinging from ropes o.o
The overworld people look a bit tall, it's kind of weird xD
and I hope the battle animation dont take too long... though they look cool, it'll take time.
It's awesome that it looks they are revealing all the names in all the languages at once.

And please please don't have the pokemon say their names like the anime o.o
Though I wanted Pikachu Aerobics xD jk (it'll be the next game though)

Third version will be "Z" probably xD

I feel this does stop us getting a Gen 5 battle game for the Wii(U) but we may get a Gen 6 one on Wii U.

I hope there is still compatability with Gen 5 cos the engines do look very different so I'm hoping it still works.

Yea I put up the video earlier, I just forgot how to make it shown and not just a link xD

I think the idea of swinging on ropes is awesome and unique! =D You go from that to a city, to the desert, etc... It's just so vast =] And they roller blade now n_n I thought that was fun!!

When I first saw the overworld characters my mouth was already on the floor and it stayed there xDD I think it'll be something everyone will get very used to =] It's only different to Pokemon, after all..

Pokemon Z is probably the third installment xD As a matter of fact, there's a picture saying Nintendo took ownership "Pokemonz.com.." Grin

I'm there will be ways to make them compatible, much like GBA to DS was it will be DS to 3DS most likely..

As for the worldwide announcement, wonderful.. It's finally time they did it for everyone! =D I'm just so happy about that n_n

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!! HAPPINESSSSSSSSSS!!!!!!!!!
Love it love it love it! I should have woken up to watch this!!!! I thiught it would only be in japanese!

Waking up at 5:50am with only an hour and a half of sleep was ENTIRELY worth it for this =D haha n_n
Report Spam   Logged

Atomica
Global Moderator
Devious Dusclops

Boba Fett sucks

View Profile
« Reply #42 on: January 08, 2013, 12:04:26 pm »

I mean I'm a bit upset thinking how spriting may be changed forever, or eventually just die out.. But you know, it's time for something new, and eventually it may die out but I think after Gen6... I have a feeling really amazing artists will end up making fan art that will be put on spriters-resource and what not and people end up using that if anything xDD Who knows honestly..

I also find the battle scenes to be absolutely brilliant! The one thing I would like to have is to control the battles.. Like be able to try and dodge, counter, move around the field, etc... We got this far so YEA! =D
I hope spriting doesnt die, I'm sure there will still be sprites in the summary screen and such.
and I dont think dodging and moving around will be good cos that'll make it a totally different game.  In a spinoff maybe but not main series, it has to be turned based following those rules.
Report Spam   Logged

Richie625
Hungry Hippopotas

View Profile
« Reply #43 on: January 08, 2013, 12:08:42 pm »

I hope spriting doesnt die, I'm sure there will still be sprites in the summary screen and such.
and I dont think dodging and moving around will be good cos that'll make it a totally different game.  In a spinoff maybe but not main series, it has to be turned based following those rules.

Well yea I dont care if it's a spin-off.. But I think it would be a great interactive game!! =D
Report Spam   Logged

Jcbklyn707
Administrator
Energetic Electabuzz

Level: 36

Pokémon Friend Code:: 3955 0204 5283

View Profile
« Reply #44 on: January 08, 2013, 12:56:09 pm »

Just as a heads up, I'll be creating a new board for Gen 6 by the end of the day.

Overall, I like the presentation of the game, another win by Game Freak.
Report Spam   Logged

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 76
  Send this topic  |  Print  

Jump to: