Pokémon X and Y Fan Community
March 28, 2024, 01:53:22 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Home Help Search Arcade Gallery SHOUTBOX Staff List Calendar Members Login Register  

Suspect Testing OU Round 9 - Keldeo and Tornadus-T

Pages: [1]
  Send this topic  |  Print  
Author Topic: Suspect Testing OU Round 9 - Keldeo and Tornadus-T  (Read 625 times)
Atomica
The humor is so sharp, so witty, so subtle, in fact, that you'd almost swear there wasn't any at all.
Global Moderator
Devious Dusclops

Level: 38

Pokémon Friend Code:: Black: 1635 3527 0646

Boba Fett sucks

View Profile
Badges: (View All)
« on: December 27, 2012, 07:07:44 pm »

http://www.smogon.com/forums/showthread.php?t=3476523

So they are testing these two relatively new mons in OU.  Personally I don't think they are broken and it seems the Smogon posters don't think they are broken either.  Though it seems more think Keldeo is fine than Tornadus-T.  Will post again when new developments show up.  Though I would prefer if they would test more Ubers to make them OU rather than OUs to make Ubers but they are banhappy.
Report Spam   Logged

Pull List: Smallville Season #11, The Phantom Stranger, Arrow, Avengers, Doctor Who: Prisoners of Time, Trinity of Sin Pandora, New Avengers, Justice League, Justice League Dark, Justice League of America
Events: Infinity, Forever Evil

Share on Facebook Share on Twitter

Jcbklyn707
Administrator
Energetic Electabuzz

Level: 36

Pokémon Friend Code:: 3955 0204 5283

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: December 30, 2012, 04:40:38 pm »

I don't think anyone expected Tprnadus-T to get have a strong presence when we first heard about it. I fell sorry for Tornadus-I though, he gets barely any love now.
Report Spam   Logged

Atomica
The humor is so sharp, so witty, so subtle, in fact, that you'd almost swear there wasn't any at all.
Global Moderator
Devious Dusclops

Boba Fett sucks

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 20, 2013, 06:40:39 am »

Keldeo: 62 OU, 11 Uber, 7 Abstain = 15.07% Uber
Tornadus-T: 22 OU, 54 Uber, 4 Abstain = 71.05% Uber

Keldeo will remain in OU, while Tornadus-T has been banished to Ubers. Thanks to all those who participated.

So Tornadus Therian is banned, don't know why but ok Tongue (don't care about tiers anymore now that gen 6 is gonna happen xD but I'll keep posting updates anyway)  I guess more people will use regular Tornadus.
Report Spam   Logged

Pull List: Smallville Season #11, The Phantom Stranger, Arrow, Avengers, Doctor Who: Prisoners of Time, Trinity of Sin Pandora, New Avengers, Justice League, Justice League Dark, Justice League of America
Jcbklyn707
Administrator
Energetic Electabuzz

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 20, 2013, 10:55:31 pm »

You should probably update the Smogon tier thread sometime Aryeh, it's woefully outdated.

And Chansey is BL btw.

Tornadus-T is fast and strong in the rain. Overall it was kind of annoying to battle against because of that in my opinion. And let's not forget Regenerator, the therian we all underestmated proved to be quite the threat. The only small drawback I could think of is that its Superpowers weren't hitting as hard as I would like in certain situations, but it did its job at disposing of all non-chople T-tar.
Report Spam   Logged

Atomica
Global Moderator
Devious Dusclops

Boba Fett sucks

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 21, 2013, 06:10:21 am »

And Chansey is BL btw.
http://www.smogon.com/forums/showthread.php?t=3476870
Chansey dropped down to UU according to this
I follow the smogon forum, not just the tiers on the main site because that doesnt update much, but because of that it's hard to know what's right or not so I can't say anything for sure.
Report Spam   Logged

Teenage Mutant Ninja Squirtles
Squirtle PowA!!!!!!!!!
Magical Misdreavus

Level: 6

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 21, 2013, 09:14:35 am »

The problem with Tornadus-T being in Uber is that nobody will use it. That is a problem with many in the tier and about 5 or so pokemon in the Uber tier shouldn't be there. For example, Blaziken has Speed Boost and they put it in Uber. Sharpedo has Speed Boost and they put it in UU; two tiers behind and there is very little difference between the two (in fact, Sharpedo is faster and can be a mixed attacker).
Report Spam   Logged

Atomica
Global Moderator
Devious Dusclops

Boba Fett sucks

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 21, 2013, 09:34:30 am »

The problem with Tornadus-T being in Uber is that nobody will use it. That is a problem with many in the tier and about 5 or so pokemon in the Uber tier shouldn't be there. For example, Blaziken has Speed Boost and they put it in Uber. Sharpedo has Speed Boost and they put it in UU; two tiers behind and there is very little difference between the two (in fact, Sharpedo is faster and can be a mixed attacker).
they dont treat ubers as a metagame though, they treat it as a banlist.  Though Blaziken is viable in Ubers.  Also Blaziken is tons better than Sharpedo, Sharpedo wouldnt be as good because it is way more than just ability, it's about overall things it can do.  Blaziken with speed boost wouldnt be in uber if it wasn't for High Jump Kick because it's the combination of everything that counts and Sharpedo wouldnt reach that level.
Report Spam   Logged

Jcbklyn707
Administrator
Energetic Electabuzz

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 21, 2013, 02:20:22 pm »

http://www.smogon.com/forums/showthread.php?t=3476870
Chansey dropped down to UU according to this
I follow the smogon forum, not just the tiers on the main site because that doesnt update much, but because of that it's hard to know what's right or not so I can't say anything for sure.

http://www.smogon.com/bw/tiers/bl

http://www.smogon.com/forums/showpost.php?p=4538895&postcount=47

You need to follow the tier changes better xD
Report Spam   Logged

Atomica
Global Moderator
Devious Dusclops

Boba Fett sucks

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 21, 2013, 03:17:38 pm »

I usually follow them fine, though mainly for OU stuff.
I didnt see that thread in the UU board today when I checked, must have missed it, cos I've mainly been following the "Round" threads and Policy Review blind voting, so I didnt see them do another thread about it cos they usually keep it in the thread and cos all I saw were people complaining about Chansey in the round thread from fairly recent posts so I assumed it was still in UU.  Plus I thought they had precedants now against quick bans, Chansey must have been really bad.  Looks like they tested Mew as well but didn't ban.
Report Spam   Logged

Jcbklyn707
Administrator
Energetic Electabuzz

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: January 21, 2013, 03:38:00 pm »

I usually follow them fine, though mainly for OU stuff.
I didnt see that thread in the UU board today when I checked, must have missed it, cos I've mainly been following the "Round" threads and Policy Review blind voting, so I didnt see them do another thread about it cos they usually keep it in the thread and cos all I saw were people complaining about Chansey in the round thread from fairly recent posts so I assumed it was still in UU.  Plus I thought they had precedants now against quick bans, Chansey must have been really bad.  Looks like they tested Mew as well but didn't ban.

Seems like you were unaware of the infamous Chansey/Cofagrigus combo that started this month.

I still believe you should update the main smogon thread in this board, you don't even have the therians up yet  Roll Eyes
Report Spam   Logged

Pages: [1]
  Send this topic  |  Print  

Jump to: