Pokémon X and Y Fan Community
April 19, 2024, 11:53:35 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Home Help Search Arcade Gallery SHOUTBOX Staff List Calendar Members Login Register  

1 year plan suggestions

Pages: 1 [2] 3
  Send this topic  |  Print  
Author Topic: 1 year plan suggestions  (Read 867 times)
Sabotage99
Captain of the 10th Division
Malevolent Murkrow

Level: 22

View Profile
Badges: (View All)
« Reply #15 on: February 12, 2013, 11:33:26 pm »

I think I can get my grandpa to pay for a domain name or something, convince him saying it's my website and it's a games one not pokemon.

is there anything bad about expanding into a more gaming orientated website as opposed to just a pokemon one? like we could be more gaming orientated but still hold the pokemon values?

We already bought a domain for Xy... I guess get evionet.net or evionet.org? If you go for .net, we can abbreviate to ENN (Evionet.net) which sounds cool Tongue

i like EEN
Report Spam   Logged

I SHALL KILL WITH MY CUTENESS. XD
Go be a golden pony and play with the silvery wolf in those plains.

Steel
Shellfish Pokémon
Gallant Gligar

Level: 43

カメックス

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: February 13, 2013, 02:19:06 pm »

is there anything bad about expanding into a more gaming orientated website as opposed to just a pokemon one? like we could be more gaming orientated but still hold the pokemon values?
so many people are against that idea.
Report Spam   Logged

Sabotage99
Malevolent Murkrow

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: February 13, 2013, 06:34:35 pm »

so many people are against that idea.

is there a specific reason? or is everyone afraid of change?
Report Spam   Logged

Steel
Shellfish Pokémon
Gallant Gligar

Level: 43

カメックス

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: February 16, 2013, 06:34:13 pm »

is there a specific reason? or is everyone afraid of change?
alot of people dont like gaming or something.
I really don't know.

I feel as if alot of the community has grown out of pokemon but doesn't want the site too, even slightly.
Report Spam   Logged

Aperl
Eccentric Elgyem

Level: 20

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: February 16, 2013, 06:47:52 pm »

alot of people dont like gaming or something.
I really don't know.

I feel as if alot of the community has grown out of pokemon but doesn't want the site too, even slightly.
I think we have grown out of forums basically. The community is still really tied, but not on the website itself.
Our relationship has gone to a higher plane of existence ^^.
Report Spam   Logged

WHy do i have a feeling your going to be the serious wise man of the forum Tongue
D:< I hate you! That made WAY to much sense.
Milky13
Dr.Smiles
Energetic Electabuzz

Level: 24

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: February 16, 2013, 09:07:37 pm »

I think we have grown out of forums basically. The community is still really tied, but not on the website itself.

This, I stopped playing Pokemon a long time ago, and forums aren't that important to me anymore, but I still love the community and everyone in it.
Report Spam   Logged

Bi people get about 20% more sex than Hetero or Homosexual people because of the minuscule amount of ****s they give.
Sabotage99
Malevolent Murkrow

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: February 17, 2013, 04:37:05 pm »

This, I stopped playing Pokemon a long time ago, and forums aren't that important to me anymore, but I still love the community and everyone in it.

these
Report Spam   Logged

Vlatko
Pikachu Boy
Malevolent Murkrow

Level: 26

Pikachu boy!

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: February 18, 2013, 05:25:01 am »

yeah, I pretty much have everyone steam or Skype and that's how I communicate with everyone, not though the forums no more.
Report Spam   Logged

Atomica
The humor is so sharp, so witty, so subtle, in fact, that you'd almost swear there wasn't any at all.
Global Moderator
Devious Dusclops

Level: 38

Pokémon Friend Code:: Black: 1635 3527 0646

Boba Fett sucks

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: February 18, 2013, 06:00:34 am »

I still care about the forum!!
Report Spam   Logged

Pull List: Smallville Season #11, The Phantom Stranger, Arrow, Avengers, Doctor Who: Prisoners of Time, Trinity of Sin Pandora, New Avengers, Justice League, Justice League Dark, Justice League of America
Events: Infinity, Forever Evil
Chaos
Effeminate pansy with no social skills
Gutsy Golbat

Level: 17

Hmm...

View Profile
« Reply #24 on: February 18, 2013, 06:03:12 am »

I haven't grown out of Pokemon/Pokemon forums, I wish there was more discussion here.
Report Spam   Logged

Vlatko
Pikachu Boy
Malevolent Murkrow

Pikachu boy!

View Profile
« Reply #25 on: February 18, 2013, 04:37:52 pm »

I haven't grown out of Pokemon/Pokemon forums, I wish there was more discussion here.
Same but it's very different now after like 2-4 years or whatever (don't remember exactly when I joined up to PPN). We all played diamond/pearl (some of us platinum), we all had the same one interest that time, we had trading and battling and all that good stuff, as well as discussion and offtopic. Now it's all just offtopic and when it comes to that it's in ToT and maybe 1 or 2 in the gaming discussion related topics, which is what we all do on Skype/Steam anyway...
Report Spam   Logged

Chaos
Effeminate pansy with no social skills
Gutsy Golbat

Level: 17

Hmm...

View Profile
« Reply #26 on: February 19, 2013, 03:56:56 pm »

Same but it's very different now after like 2-4 years or whatever (don't remember exactly when I joined up to PPN). We all played diamond/pearl (some of us platinum), we all had the same one interest that time, we had trading and battling and all that good stuff, as well as discussion and offtopic. Now it's all just offtopic and when it comes to that it's in ToT and maybe 1 or 2 in the gaming discussion related topics, which is what we all do on Skype/Steam anyway...
Yeah, people are only here for the commmunity now, in PPN we had more noobs and people here for Pokemon. It's why I want Evionet to get more popular.
I end up going to other Pokemon forums to talk Pokemon.
Report Spam   Logged

Vlatko
Pikachu Boy
Malevolent Murkrow

Pikachu boy!

View Profile
« Reply #27 on: February 19, 2013, 05:47:50 pm »

Yeah, people are only here for the commmunity now, in PPN we had more noobs and people here for Pokemon. It's why I want Evionet to get more popular.
Yeah, it would be nice if evionet would be 100x more popular, but unless we pay some money and advertise like a boss (by money I mean get a proper host (like we did on PPN)) that won't really happen. No ones going to stumble onto the forums by accident like I did with PPN, I remember writing pokemon platinum or pokemon diamond/pearl one of them and clicked on it and at that time I was into forums ****, so I joined up because it was the 3rd top page on google or something like that (next to like the official website and one other or something), pretty sure we got PPN up to the like 2nd/top when you googled pokemon platinum or whatever at one point, that's why it was more immersible.
Report Spam   Logged

Magoo
Princess
Gargantuan Gabite

Level: 34

Wayward Son

View Profile WWW
« Reply #28 on: February 19, 2013, 09:08:47 pm »

We should take the Pokemon Boards and put them as a sub-board to gaming.
Then, remove the Pokemon from the banner.
We're more of a social forum anyway.

And more people would join if the forum looked more like a games forum rather than just another Pokemon forum.
Report Spam   Logged

In the distance, that day, when the star became music.
Aperl
Eccentric Elgyem

Level: 20

View Profile
« Reply #29 on: February 19, 2013, 09:27:18 pm »

We should take the Pokemon Boards and put them as a sub-board to gaming.
Then, remove the Pokemon from the banner.
We're more of a social forum anyway.

And more people would join if the forum looked more like a games forum rather than just another Pokemon forum.
This has been debated multiple times.
Making Evionet (or whatever the new name would be) a general gaming website would attract no-one. People are looking for games in particular, not single threads in sub-boards. That's not a discussion, it's more sharing what we like in general.
People are not looking for friends when they search for forums. They're looking forward to have information and play buddies. But in here the community is all divided. Groups of 3 people at a time on each game does not make it interesting.
And how should we attract people with a general gaming forum? We don't have any particular topic that's extensively covered or that we could cover better than the forums already present out there.
Nobody is making an effort in here, if it wasn't for X and Y coming to light, there would be no activity at all in here. We're a bunch of connected members, active in reading but not in writing, and we lack motivation to get our projects to come to an end.
I don't have a lot of time to invest anymore, I'm already lacking sleep and seeing my grades drop. I don't expect anyone else to feel obligated to do anything, we're the way we are and it's just fine like that. We appreciate each others for what we're really worth.
We are a social forum now, but without the banner and concept we're nothing anymore.
Report Spam   Logged

WHy do i have a feeling your going to be the serious wise man of the forum Tongue
D:< I hate you! That made WAY to much sense.
Pages: 1 [2] 3
  Send this topic  |  Print  

Jump to: