Pokémon X and Y Fan Community
March 28, 2024, 01:56:16 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Home Help Search Arcade Gallery SHOUTBOX Staff List Calendar Members Login Register  

1 year plan suggestions

Pages: 1 2 [3]
  Send this topic  |  Print  
Author Topic: 1 year plan suggestions  (Read 825 times)
Magoo
Princess
Gargantuan Gabite

Level: 34

Wayward Son

View Profile WWW
Badges: (View All)
« Reply #30 on: February 19, 2013, 10:23:59 pm »

This has been debated multiple times.
Making Evionet (or whatever the new name would be) a general gaming website would attract no-one. People are looking for games in particular, not single threads in sub-boards. That's not a discussion, it's more sharing what we like in general.
People are not looking for friends when they search for forums. They're looking forward to have information and play buddies. But in here the community is all divided. Groups of 3 people at a time on each game does not make it interesting.
And how should we attract people with a general gaming forum? We don't have any particular topic that's extensively covered or that we could cover better than the forums already present out there.
Nobody is making an effort in here, if it wasn't for X and Y coming to light, there would be no activity at all in here. We're a bunch of connected members, active in reading but not in writing, and we lack motivation to get our projects to come to an end.
I don't have a lot of time to invest anymore, I'm already lacking sleep and seeing my grades drop. I don't expect anyone else to feel obligated to do anything, we're the way we are and it's just fine like that. We appreciate each others for what we're really worth.
We are a social forum now, but without the banner and concept we're nothing anymore.

Well, I'm not saying 'SCREW THE NAME, SCREW THE BANNER' I  just wanna remove the Pokemon facade.
The name is okay. It's our roots. The name should stick to Pokemon. And the one we have is perfect because it's not screaming Pokemon.

I understand that.
But with most members getting older, there are fewer interested in Pokemon and even fewer of our friends are.
So, we invite people and when they come here, first thing they see is a banner with colorful Pokemon and JUST Pokemon boards.
What would most do? Think it was a joke and just leave or stay and mock? I know my friends would.
The thing is, the WHOLE forum is SCREAMING POKEMON atm.
It even annoys me cause whenever someone sees me on here they'll go 'Hmph, still with Pokemon?' and to some extent 'What a kid!' (joking on that one)
And I don't even care about Pokemon.
Report Spam   Logged

In the distance, that day, when the star became music.
Pages: 1 2 [3]
  Send this topic  |  Print  

Jump to: