Pokémon X and Y Fan Community
April 18, 2024, 12:18:16 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Home Help Search Arcade Gallery SHOUTBOX Staff List Calendar Members Login Register  

1 year plan suggestions

Pages: [1] 2 3
  Send this topic  |  Print  
Author Topic: 1 year plan suggestions  (Read 866 times)
Atomica
The humor is so sharp, so witty, so subtle, in fact, that you'd almost swear there wasn't any at all.
Global Moderator
Devious Dusclops

Level: 38

Pokémon Friend Code:: Black: 1635 3527 0646

Boba Fett sucks

View Profile
Badges: (View All)
« on: December 24, 2012, 02:46:52 pm »

Ok so a few of us are going to work on a 1 year plan on the direction we want the site to go in in terms of activity and branding and such over the next year.  This means it's an organised format that we can follow with a timeframe which can convince everyone to commit.

This thread is for you guys to put in any suggestions and topics of discussion you want us to talk about when making the concise 1 year plan documentation for plans for the site over 2013.  This means everyone gets a voice which will go into the plan.

Thanks
- Aryeh (aka Stormageddon, Dark Lord of All)
Report Spam   Logged

Pull List: Smallville Season #11, The Phantom Stranger, Arrow, Avengers, Doctor Who: Prisoners of Time, Trinity of Sin Pandora, New Avengers, Justice League, Justice League Dark, Justice League of America
Events: Infinity, Forever Evil

Share on Facebook Share on Twitter

Aperl
Eccentric Elgyem

Level: 20

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: December 24, 2012, 03:21:22 pm »

I am definitely offering my help for this project.

I just want to throw little far-fetched ideas right now.

1. Project organization: We would have to constantly update the first post to show where we are, that kind of stuff. Could a Wiki be a possible option so that everyone can add their own views? It could be a separate section of a complete Evionet Wiki, and that feature could be attractive for newcomers. Ludicom had its Wiki.

2. Currency: Could there be a way to fake currency, a bit like the Dubious Disks are used to modify the reputation? Or, could there be a way, on a different web page for example, to fake it? Like, I have knowledge in web design, do you think it would be manageable to create a page where our money would be stocked, and then we give a certain amount of money to everyone, and bonuses to people reaching certain post counts, etc. And then that page would be a way to give money to other members, that kind of stuff. I'm not that good in web page creation, but I think something like that can be done.

No problem
- Aperl (aka RosimInc)
Report Spam   Logged

WHy do i have a feeling your going to be the serious wise man of the forum Tongue
D:< I hate you! That made WAY to much sense.
Coyote Starrk
The Ultimate in Prescribed Drugs
Wrathful Whirlipede

Level: 8

Primera Espada

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 24, 2012, 04:18:02 pm »

I just want to throw little far-fetched ideas right now.

1. Project organization: We would have to constantly update the first post to show where we are, that kind of stuff. Could a Wiki be a possible option so that everyone can add their own views? It could be a separate section of a complete Evionet Wiki, and that feature could be attractive for newcomers. Ludicom had its Wiki.

2. Currency: Could there be a way to fake currency, a bit like the Dubious Disks are used to modify the reputation? Or, could there be a way, on a different web page for example, to fake it? Like, I have knowledge in web design, do you think it would be manageable to create a page where our money would be stocked, and then we give a certain amount of money to everyone, and bonuses to people reaching certain post counts, etc. And then that page would be a way to give money to other members, that kind of stuff. I'm not that good in web page creation, but I think something like that can be done.

No problem
- Aperl (aka RosimInc)
PD was earned based on posts made, karma was a way to see who was good on their word and wasn't when it came to trades and such.
Report Spam   Logged

Daniel the Buizel
Bashful Buizel
Global Moderator
Courageous Combusken

Level: 35

You Burned the Rope and Saved Us All <3

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 24, 2012, 04:56:57 pm »

I was thinking of branching out a little and making official groups on other sites/networks.  A revival of the steam group would be nice, we could do group chats and schedule play sessions.
Report Spam   Logged

5:29 PM - Buizel: I'm just gonna try to calm down the only way I know how
5:29 PM - Buizel: playing fallout and posting shitty screenshots with an unrelated caption
5:30 PM - Buizel: [link]
5:30 PM - Zohaibman72: you stripped your clothes?
5:30 PM - Zohaibman72: turned into a fox
5:30 PM - Zohaibman72: and got sad?
5:30 PM - Buizel: yup
5:30 PM - Buizel: isn't that what most people do?

|
Milky13
Dr.Smiles
Energetic Electabuzz

Level: 24

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 24, 2012, 05:27:18 pm »

Woah, are we actually serious about it this time?

Well, we need a proper domain name, also I agree with Daniel about the steam group revival.
Report Spam   Logged

Bi people get about 20% more sex than Hetero or Homosexual people because of the minuscule amount of ****s they give.
Atomica
The humor is so sharp, so witty, so subtle, in fact, that you'd almost swear there wasn't any at all.
Global Moderator
Devious Dusclops

Boba Fett sucks

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 24, 2012, 06:10:36 pm »

Awesome Cheesy
I'd actually like you to be with us when creating the documented plan.  I made a skype group specifically for it and invited you in it.  I think you can be valuable in helping us get down the clear mission.

For currency, seems like the two points are
a) needing donations to buy the add-on or figuring out if we can sort it when we eventually get a good host.  So sorting out the host and making that work is above currency in the order of business
b) balancing it to not have inflation.  At first there will be inflation we cant help happening because we start out with 0 and then gain it which is an obvious change.  But then shortly later it will require balancing.  I remember when 50pd on ppn was tons and then a few months later 1000pd was nothing.
Report Spam   Logged

Pull List: Smallville Season #11, The Phantom Stranger, Arrow, Avengers, Doctor Who: Prisoners of Time, Trinity of Sin Pandora, New Avengers, Justice League, Justice League Dark, Justice League of America
Aperl
Eccentric Elgyem

Level: 20

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 24, 2012, 06:16:52 pm »

Actually in the end, the value was completely nonsense-ish.
You could buy perfect spriting work for 10 PDs and sigs for max 25 PDs including "tips", but it cost 500+ to have cloned event Pokemon or even some hacks, when legit Pokemon were under 50 PDs.

It's perfect, I'm leaving for the night, I'll join the Skype group when I'm back.

And Starrk, I totally get that karma and money work very differently. But they're still number counters, I was wondering if it could be possible to add a second number counter in the meantime.
Report Spam   Logged

WHy do i have a feeling your going to be the serious wise man of the forum Tongue
D:< I hate you! That made WAY to much sense.
Steel
Shellfish Pokémon
Gallant Gligar

Level: 43

カメックス

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 24, 2012, 08:02:50 pm »

We need a better quicker IM service for the mods and admins.
Report Spam   Logged

Atomica
Global Moderator
Devious Dusclops

Boba Fett sucks

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: December 24, 2012, 08:12:26 pm »

We need a better quicker IM service for the mods and admins.
yeah seems like we are all in different places.  We need a group thing where all of us are there to discuss this plan.  I made a skype for this which could be used.
Report Spam   Logged

Coyote Starrk
The Ultimate in Prescribed Drugs
Wrathful Whirlipede

Level: 8

Primera Espada

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: December 24, 2012, 08:18:32 pm »

Awesome Cheesy
I'd actually like you to be with us when creating the documented plan.  I made a skype group specifically for it and invited you in it.  I think you can be valuable in helping us get down the clear mission.

For currency, seems like the two points are
a) needing donations to buy the add-on or figuring out if we can sort it when we eventually get a good host.  So sorting out the host and making that work is above currency in the order of business
b) balancing it to not have inflation.  At first there will be inflation we cant help happening because we start out with 0 and then gain it which is an obvious change.  But then shortly later it will require balancing.  I remember when 50pd on ppn was tons and then a few months later 1000pd was nothing.
Again, a PD cap would put a stop to inflation. It would be kind of like a controlled economy.

Also, does no one remember all the chat boxes and chat groups we had throughout our history and how quickly it killed activity in the forums? No one? Not a single person remembers? Really?
Report Spam   Logged

Steel
Shellfish Pokémon
Gallant Gligar

カメックス

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: December 24, 2012, 08:22:48 pm »

Again, a PD cap would put a stop to inflation. It would be kind of like a controlled economy.

Also, does no one remember all the chat boxes and chat groups we had throughout our history and how quickly it killed activity in the forums? No one? Not a single person remembers? Really?
I was thinking of the chat box just for admin access.
There are alot of times where simple messages over evionet won't do it, compared to using an IM.
Report Spam   Logged

Atomica
Global Moderator
Devious Dusclops

Boba Fett sucks

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: January 20, 2013, 02:32:51 pm »

What other things should we as a site work on this year?
Report Spam   Logged

klondikebar
Global Moderator
Malevolent Murkrow

Level: 44

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: January 26, 2013, 05:14:51 pm »

What other things should we as a site work on this year?

-Theme
-XY Content
-Advertising
Report Spam   Logged
Steel
Shellfish Pokémon
Gallant Gligar

カメックス

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: February 03, 2013, 12:57:14 pm »

I think I can get my grandpa to pay for a domain name or something, convince him saying it's my website and it's a games one not pokemon.
Report Spam   Logged

klondikebar
Global Moderator
Malevolent Murkrow

Level: 44

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: February 03, 2013, 01:18:51 pm »

I think I can get my grandpa to pay for a domain name or something, convince him saying it's my website and it's a games one not pokemon.

We already bought a domain for Xy... I guess get evionet.net or evionet.org? If you go for .net, we can abbreviate to ENN (Evionet.net) which sounds cool Tongue
Report Spam   Logged
Pages: [1] 2 3
  Send this topic  |  Print  

Jump to: