Pokémon X and Y Fan Community
March 28, 2024, 04:59:16 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Home Help Search Arcade Gallery SHOUTBOX Staff List Calendar Members Login Register  

Programming Thread

Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12
  Send this topic  |  Print  
Author Topic: Programming Thread  (Read 3231 times)
klondikebar
Global Moderator
Malevolent Murkrow

Level: 44

View Profile
Badges: (View All)
« Reply #150 on: May 16, 2013, 10:01:20 am »

Holy crap that clear things up a lot. Looking back on it, now it makes a lot more sense. Thanks shihen Cheesy
Report Spam   Logged
klondikebar
Global Moderator
Malevolent Murkrow

View Profile
« Reply #151 on: May 19, 2013, 01:47:34 pm »

Pleased to report, you've helped enough that I've been able to play around with classes and make functions that respond to prompts in them Cheesy So thanks a metric tonne Grin
Report Spam   Logged
Shihen
Magical Misdreavus

Level: 5

View Profile WWW
« Reply #152 on: May 19, 2013, 02:32:00 pm »

Pleased to report, you've helped enough that I've been able to play around with classes and make functions that respond to prompts in them Cheesy So thanks a metric tonne Grin
Haha wooo! Cheesy I'm glad Smiley Although just wait until you try making a GUI in Python... and have a knife ready. :p
Report Spam   Logged

Coyote Starrk
The Ultimate in Prescribed Drugs
Wrathful Whirlipede

Level: 8

Primera Espada

View Profile
« Reply #153 on: May 19, 2013, 02:49:37 pm »

Haha wooo! Cheesy I'm glad Smiley Although just wait until you try making a GUI in Python... and have a knife ready. :p
What's the knife for? o.o
Report Spam   Logged

klondikebar
Global Moderator
Malevolent Murkrow

View Profile
« Reply #154 on: May 19, 2013, 02:49:43 pm »

Sod that, I'll use a pre-built library Tongue
Report Spam   Logged
Shihen
Magical Misdreavus

View Profile WWW
« Reply #155 on: May 27, 2013, 02:10:01 pm »

Got invited to a new contest for a prize of Ł5k although I'm not entering this one. Money's tempting, but the rules are too annoying. The idea is to make an application to aid student education but your idea isn't allowed to clash with any of the existing 90~ or so applications that the sponsor has commercially published already. Personally I have no patience to deal with that, plus I want freedom in my development. They will pretty much claim ownership of the application if you win, too.

I have an idea for the application anyway and I'm going to start on it over the Summer. If it obtains the same standard as required in order to win that contest then who knows, might earn something from it :p
Report Spam   Logged

Coyote Starrk
The Ultimate in Prescribed Drugs
Wrathful Whirlipede

Level: 8

Primera Espada

View Profile
« Reply #156 on: May 27, 2013, 02:27:21 pm »

Got invited to a new contest for a prize of Ł5k although I'm not entering this one. Money's tempting, but the rules are too annoying. The idea is to make an application to aid student education but your idea isn't allowed to clash with any of the existing 90~ or so applications that the sponsor has commercially published already. Personally I have no patience to deal with that, plus I want freedom in my development. They will pretty much claim ownership of the application if you win, too.

I have an idea for the application anyway and I'm going to start on it over the Summer. If it obtains the same standard as required in order to win that contest then who knows, might earn something from it :p
They are basically giving you 5K for a good idea, get on that, use your earnings to fund a new program, and become lead programmer for them! D:<
Report Spam   Logged

klondikebar
Global Moderator
Malevolent Murkrow

View Profile
« Reply #157 on: May 27, 2013, 02:32:02 pm »

Got invited to a new contest for a prize of £5k although I'm not entering this one. Money's tempting, but the rules are too annoying. The idea is to make an application to aid student education but your idea isn't allowed to clash with any of the existing 90~ or so applications that the sponsor has commercially published already. Personally I have no patience to deal with that, plus I want freedom in my development. They will pretty much claim ownership of the application if you win, too.

That's a shame, would be a cool thing to enter Tongue

In my news, I understand classes to the point where I can make them and understand what it all does (hell yeah), and once I've gotten to the part in this tutorial where it talks about installing modules I plan on learning pygame and maybe pyglet.

After that, I'll make games and be happy Smiley
Report Spam   Logged
Shihen
Magical Misdreavus

View Profile WWW
« Reply #158 on: May 27, 2013, 06:21:45 pm »

That's a shame, would be a cool thing to enter Tongue

In my news, I understand classes to the point where I can make them and understand what it all does (hell yeah), and once I've gotten to the part in this tutorial where it talks about installing modules I plan on learning pygame and maybe pyglet.

After that, I'll make games and be happy Smiley

Wooo Cheesy Ludum Dare, next! Smiley
Report Spam   Logged

klondikebar
Global Moderator
Malevolent Murkrow

View Profile
« Reply #159 on: May 27, 2013, 06:29:01 pm »

Wooo Cheesy Ludum Dare, next! Smiley

Next Ludum Dare is in August. Should be enough time for me to learn pyGame and then I can make my pong game for it Tongue
Report Spam   Logged
Magoo
Princess
Gargantuan Gabite

Level: 34

Wayward Son

View Profile WWW
« Reply #160 on: May 27, 2013, 08:36:53 pm »

You're good man~
Report Spam   Logged

In the distance, that day, when the star became music.
klondikebar
Global Moderator
Malevolent Murkrow

View Profile
« Reply #161 on: June 22, 2013, 04:59:20 pm »

Gonna try and learn JavaScript from here over the summer holiday, so I'm ready for my computing class next year (Because they will teach the absolute basics and no more, I want to show off Tongue).

Thinking about it, it's a logical choice as HTML5 is slowly getting better, especially for games.

I still want to learn C# for Unity and MonoGame, and eventually I want to learn C and 6502 assembly so I can make NES homebrew Tongue
Report Spam   Logged
Magoo
Princess
Gargantuan Gabite

Wayward Son

View Profile WWW
« Reply #162 on: June 22, 2013, 06:10:09 pm »

Gonna try and learn JavaScript from here over the summer holiday, so I'm ready for my computing class next year (Because they will teach the absolute basics and no more, I want to show off Tongue).

Thinking about it, it's a logical choice as HTML5 is slowly getting better, especially for games.

I still want to learn C# for Unity and MonoGame, and eventually I want to learn C and 6502 assembly so I can make NES homebrew Tongue

What do you mean 'slowly getting better'?
Wasn't it awesome from the get go?
Report Spam   Logged

klondikebar
Global Moderator
Malevolent Murkrow

View Profile
« Reply #163 on: June 22, 2013, 06:36:59 pm »

What do you mean 'slowly getting better'?
Wasn't it awesome from the get go?

It was a little choppy, like, if you compare a flash game to an HTML5 version of the same game, Flash generally wins (Mainly due to better sound support).
Report Spam   Logged
Magoo
Princess
Gargantuan Gabite

Wayward Son

View Profile WWW
« Reply #164 on: June 22, 2013, 07:40:53 pm »

It was a little choppy, like, if you compare a flash game to an HTML5 version of the same game, Flash generally wins (Mainly due to better sound support).

Yeah, maybe. But when HTML5 was released, wasn't Adobe neglecting Flash and Flash apps were suffering from it like a lot?
Report Spam   Logged

Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12
  Send this topic  |  Print  

Jump to: