Pokémon X and Y Fan Community
March 28, 2024, 03:34:02 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Home Help Search Arcade Gallery SHOUTBOX Staff List Calendar Members Login Register  

Programming Thread

Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 12
  Send this topic  |  Print  
Author Topic: Programming Thread  (Read 3133 times)
klondikebar
Global Moderator
Malevolent Murkrow

Level: 44

View Profile
Badges: (View All)
« Reply #90 on: December 28, 2012, 05:51:32 pm »

Depends. PHP would make life a hell of a lot easier but at the same time it can make it much harder .

An example of this would be to create a website using simple PHP to include pages here-and-there which means you only need to write things once. That's a life made easier.
However, should you decide to use a content management system (CMS) to make it easier for you to add content and manage it. Then you'll be in for a ride whilst you decide to either make your own (good for learning PHP but not recommended for actual use) or use an existing one like WordPress/Joomla/Drupal.

For the sake of starting out though, just keep it simple. Make your website in HTML (One .html file for each layout should be enough) first then switch over to PHP (hint: look into including other php files and separate your HTML into those files - reusability ftw, eg: header.php, footer.php)

Either way, PHP is extremely useful and I fully recommend it if you're going to create your own website.

Okay, thanks. At the moment, I'm just using standard HTML and CSS, I've been relearning them because we're making websites in school and I want to be the the top of the class when we start coding it Tongue

Also, I think I'm going to re-read Learn Python the Hard Way, or at least a large chunk of it. There are a lot of things I have forgotten or don't understand, so I guess it would be good.

Afterwards, I think I'll go with C# because:

Xbox Live Indie Games
PS Vita
XNA
Unity
Report Spam   Logged
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 12
  Send this topic  |  Print  

Jump to: