Pokémon X and Y Fan Community
November 25, 2020, 12:04:06 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Home Help Search Arcade Gallery SHOUTBOX Staff List Calendar Members Login Register  

Programming Thread

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 12
  Send this topic  |  Print  
Author Topic: Programming Thread  (Read 1041 times)
klondikebar
Global Moderator
Malevolent Murkrow

Level: 44

View Profile
Badges: (View All)
« Reply #15 on: November 24, 2012, 06:14:20 pm »

My programming life started with Game Maker, I don't think there's ever a time when you need more experience to start making a game. Let's be honest, you won't be making the game of your dreams right away. Just start small and mess around with it - that's how I'm learning Java right now, by diving in the deep end with game development. Tongue

On the topic of game development, I've been working on a RPG engine lately. Just spent all today working on importing .tmx files so I could make levels easier using Tiled. It's a great program and saves you time developing your own level editor - it exports to XML so you can easily read the files in virtually any language.

The sprites/tiles are placeholders and once development is further along, I'll be hiring a spriter to do some work for me Smiley

Good point. I know that it takes a lot of effort, but I'm sure I'll get there. And I'd be learning Java right now as well if my computer could figure out how to open it without crashing. Might still do it alongside C# though. Where are you learning it?

Oh, and your RPG engine, looks good from the screenshot Cheesy Will you be releasing the code for it?

--------

In other news, Minecraft: Pocket Edition has been officially ported to the Raspberry Pi by Mojang: http://www.raspberrypi.org/archives/2565
Best part: Built in Python modding/scripting. Meaning the modding community will only get stronger, and maybe we can even improve the android version!
Report Spam   Logged
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 12
  Send this topic  |  Print  

Jump to: