Pokémon X and Y Fan Community
March 28, 2024, 12:38:28 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Home Help Search Arcade Gallery SHOUTBOX Staff List Calendar Members Login Register  

Programming Thread

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 12
  Send this topic  |  Print  
Author Topic: Programming Thread  (Read 3185 times)
Shihen
Magical Misdreavus

Level: 5

View Profile WWW
Badges: (View All)
« Reply #15 on: November 23, 2012, 10:48:14 am »

Well that game didn't have any sort of validation or exception handling, it was horrible, but I had the right logic at least ^^.

I think that without GameMaker I would have had a lot of trouble learning to program. Sprites, rooms, objects, scripts, events... I learned Object Oriented Programming before even knowing what that was.

I am currently coding a game in Unity with C#, I've been working on that all night long, it's 9 a.m. and I have a class in 4 hours. Love programming ^^.

Hahaha, I've been hooked on a game I'm making in Java at the moment. I even take my laptop into my classes so I can code in secret - for my Japanese lectures anyway. I don't really need to hide it in my computer lectures Tongue

I tried Unity but I've never been able to get into it, maybe because I'm not really big on 3d stuff. It was really cool messing around with the demo stuff though!

Can I ask why? I'm teaching myself Python and I'm loving it. So many libraries and a lot of support for it too. Even the older versions.
I've dabbled with Python on-and-off and I do like how incredibly simple it is and the nice support of libraries. Just the syntax structure isn't for my tastes although that isn't stopping me from learning it.
Report Spam   Logged

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 12
  Send this topic  |  Print  

Jump to: