Pokémon X and Y Fan Community
April 16, 2024, 06:05:18 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Home Help Search Arcade Gallery SHOUTBOX Staff List Calendar Members Login Register  

Magic the Gathering General

Pages: [1]
  Send this topic  |  Print  
Author Topic: Magic the Gathering General  (Read 89 times)
Aidan, the Silvertongued Samurai
Wacky Wooper

Level: 7

View Profile
Badges: (View All)
« on: January 06, 2012, 06:17:55 am »

I've been playing MTG competitively now for quite a while, but locally. I figured that there were enough players here to warrant a topic.
Here, you can discuss the most played trading/collectable card game in the world, and debate deck strategies and artwork, whatever, really. As long as it's relevant to the topic of MTG in general, it's fine.

I recently built a deck of Knights and Soldiers...

The deck plays incredibly well for a Legacy deck, and I may have found a new archetype. Essentially, it can be boiled down to the power of

Timely Reinforcements - The deck can be slow on creatures in the beginning, meaning that an opponent can deal some damage very easily when I'm otherwise delayed. This bolsters my power in dealing with that problem, as it deals with the life loss and creature disadvantage in one fell swoop.

Mikaeus, the Lunarch -This guy. He's insane. As soon as I get some land advantage with cards like Edge of Autumn or even a Harrow, I can start casting this guy with a huge amount of +1/+1 counters. This might not seem like a lot, but as soon as he starts to tap into boosting tokens and regular knights, he's overly useful.

Knight of the Reliquary - This guy. Not enough can be said about him. As soon as I start sacrificing my Windswept Heaths into Savannah, then sac'ing those for more, I am building up tremendously powerful Knights.

Gavony Township - This guy makes me LOL. When I don't have access to Mikaeus, or even when I do, this card pretty much allows me to seal the deal. With the mana acceleration in this deck, it's not uncommon to see a Mikaeus and one of these on turn three or four pumping out creatures with +2/+2.

And then there is what I'd consider the biggest ally in the deck, even though he's not really a Knight or a Soldier. I fail to see how a deck with low-cost creatures and spells can even consider being White without the help of the Sun Titan. He alone provides all the recursion this deck could ever need, and he provides it well. Normally, I cast him from the hand on turn four or so, and recurse into a O-Ring to seal away a threat, then swing for huge damage. It also helps that he reads any permanent with a CMC of 3 or less, as that opens up the door to land. This may not seem huge, but it provides even MORE ramp, which basically turns Primeval Titan into a huge waste of money. It doesn't do the job as well as him, but it does it and more. Versatility is the key to winning games, people.

----------------------------------------------------------------

If anyone wants a critique of a card or a deck from moi or someone else, just post it hurr and see what people think of it.
Report Spam   Logged

Share on Facebook Share on Twitter

Tobi
Eager Eevee

Level: 1

Jack is back.

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: January 06, 2012, 10:54:00 am »

Thanks to you, I actually started playing again.
Report Spam   Logged
Aidan, the Silvertongued Samurai
Wacky Wooper

Level: 7

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 06, 2012, 12:07:36 pm »

Thanks to you, I actually started playing again.
It's good to know that you've started being a true manerd once more.
Report Spam   Logged
Pages: [1]
  Send this topic  |  Print  

Jump to: