Pokémon X and Y Fan Community
March 29, 2024, 07:28:14 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Home Help Search Arcade Gallery SHOUTBOX Staff List Calendar Members Login Register  

Roleplaying Ideas Thread

Pages: 1 ... 24 25 [26]
  Send this topic  |  Print  
Author Topic: Roleplaying Ideas Thread  (Read 7086 times)
Aperl
Eccentric Elgyem

Level: 20

View Profile
Badges: (View All)
« Reply #375 on: August 09, 2013, 07:27:54 pm »

Hey guys, I actually got the perfect idea.

Setting: A bunch of people, each in front of their computers, try to come up with RolePlaying ideas.
Story: ^

Look, of all the topics in the RolePlaying board, this has been the thing creating the most participation.
Let's face it, we love starting things just for the hell of it, be proud of joining projects and stuff. But as soon as the joining part is done, we don't know what to do anymore, and slowly quite rapidly actually the idea falls from its pedestal and ends up in a recycling bin full of other ideas that were great in theory, but not as easy as our laziness would have liked them to be.

People need motivation. So I suggest, if this board does not have, by the end of August, 3 RPs with at least 10 people committed into them overall, we shut down the RP/FanFic board. And this ultimatum will remain, if at the end of a month the condition is not met, RP/FF'ing will be delegated to the Creative Works board.
Report Spam   Logged

WHy do i have a feeling your going to be the serious wise man of the forum Tongue
D:< I hate you! That made WAY to much sense.
Steel
Shellfish Pokémon
Gallant Gligar

Level: 43

カメックス

View Profile
« Reply #376 on: August 11, 2013, 10:40:14 am »

Setting: A bunch of people, each in front of their computers, try to come up with RolePlaying ideas.

Look, of all the topics in the RolePlaying board, this has been the thing creating the most participation.
Let's face it, we love starting things just for the hell of it, be proud of joining projects and stuff. But as soon as the joining part is done, we don't know what to do anymore, and slowly quite rapidly actually the idea falls from its pedestal and ends up in a recycling bin full of other ideas that were great in theory, but not as easy as our laziness would have liked them to be.

People need motivation. So I suggest, if this board does not have, by the end of August, 3 RPs with at least 10 people committed into them overall, we shut down the RP/FanFic board. And this ultimatum will remain, if at the end of a month the condition is not met, RP/FF'ing will be delegated to the Creative Works board.
First off, shutting down the RP board just won't happen. Ever. It's a tradition among us.
We are going to eventually get new members, and try harder closer to X & Y's release, since thats around the best time to advertise.
second, ten members will not happen.

School is starting soon so members won't be as active, along with there only being about 5 rpers to begin with when evionet was created.
Report Spam   Logged

Aperl
Eccentric Elgyem

View Profile
« Reply #377 on: August 11, 2013, 10:54:44 am »

First off, shutting down the RP board just won't happen. Ever. It's a tradition among us.
We are going to eventually get new members, and try harder closer to X & Y's release, since thats around the best time to advertise.
second, ten members will not happen.
Yes, it's become a tradition to have half our boards dead. And we have not had new members with new generations ever since Platinum came out.

School is starting soon so members won't be as active, along with there only being about 5 rpers to begin with when evionet was created.
They won't as active as not being active? I can't wait to see that.
Also, just looking at the first page of topics and their last posters, I can see at least 9 names of people who are still connecting in here, yours excluded.

Doesn't anyone realize that tradition is what impairs evolution?
Report Spam   Logged

WHy do i have a feeling your going to be the serious wise man of the forum Tongue
Steel
Shellfish Pokémon
Gallant Gligar

Level: 43

カメックス

View Profile
« Reply #378 on: August 11, 2013, 02:43:50 pm »

Yes, it's become a tradition to have half our boards dead. And we have not had new members with new generations ever since Platinum came out.
They won't as active as not being active? I can't wait to see that.
Also, just looking at the first page of topics and their last posters, I can see at least 9 names of people who are still connecting in here, yours excluded.

Doesn't anyone realize that tradition is what impairs evolution?
actually what impairs evolution is lack of support

You don't have faith in anything. We didn't get new members last generations because we weren't trying to get new members.
The Problem with RPing is you have to make a concept everyone agrees with, which is alot harder than you think.
Then you need to keep them dedicated. One person ruining any aspect of the RP can send the whole thing downhill.
The problem with rping is once you start, you can't back out.

Moving the RP board to some small section of the forum won't do us good.
Taking the RP board and using it as a selling point can do us good.

If every member took 1 hour out of their day to promote the site, we could get many more active members within a month.
or you know, we could go with your plan, remove the board, and move on to something else.
Report Spam   Logged

Aperl
Eccentric Elgyem

View Profile
« Reply #379 on: August 11, 2013, 07:58:23 pm »

actually what impairs evolution is lack of support

You don't have faith in anything. We didn't get new members last generations because we weren't trying to get new members.
The Problem with RPing is you have to make a concept everyone agrees with, which is alot harder than you think.
Then you need to keep them dedicated. One person ruining any aspect of the RP can send the whole thing downhill.
The problem with rping is once you start, you can't back out.

Moving the RP board to some small section of the forum won't do us good.
Taking the RP board and using it as a selling point can do us good.

If every member took 1 hour out of their day to promote the site, we could get many more active members within a month.
or you know, we could go with your plan, remove the board, and move on to something else.
Lack of support? I call that lack of true interest. People keep agreeing with any concept that appears in here, and when the actual RP is made, barely anyone joins.
I see why you believe I do not have faith in anything. But there's a difference between being pessimistic and realist. Talking here serves nothing. I'll meet you on top of the roof at Site Discussion.
Report Spam   Logged

Vansalon
( `≧ω≦´)
Loyal Lotad

Level: 709

( `≧ω≦´)

View Profile
« Reply #380 on: August 11, 2013, 08:23:25 pm »

Lack of support? I call that lack of true interest. People keep agreeing with any concept that appears in here, and when the actual RP is made, barely anyone joins.
I see why you believe I do not have faith in anything. But there's a difference between being pessimistic and realist. Talking here serves nothing. I'll meet you on top of the roof at Site Discussion.

yay, a reference I actually get
Report Spam   Logged

It's like your on the road to being a goth and you're mostly there, but are perpetuallly stopped at an Ice Cream Parlour or something
Henri, le Chat Noir
kind of smelly
Malevolent Murkrow

Level: 28

View Profile
« Reply #381 on: August 11, 2013, 09:43:23 pm »

i'm not one for complicated rps, i just want zombie apocalypse and journeys and that kind of stuff, not ultimate pokemon-digimon-whatevermon-monster crossover with guns or whatever.
Report Spam   Logged

"If brains was bees, there'd be no honey between your ears."
-Durry Quill
Atomica
The humor is so sharp, so witty, so subtle, in fact, that you'd almost swear there wasn't any at all.
Global Moderator
Devious Dusclops

Level: 38

Pokémon Friend Code:: Black: 1635 3527 0646

Boba Fett sucks

View Profile
« Reply #382 on: August 12, 2013, 07:44:52 am »

Sounds about right to me, that is the most active thing ever xD
Report Spam   Logged

Pull List: Smallville Season #11, The Phantom Stranger, Arrow, Avengers, Doctor Who: Prisoners of Time, Trinity of Sin Pandora, New Avengers, Justice League, Justice League Dark, Justice League of America
Events: Infinity, Forever Evil
Pages: 1 ... 24 25 [26]
  Send this topic  |  Print  

Jump to: