Pokémon X and Y Fan Community
March 28, 2024, 09:05:15 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Home Help Search Arcade Gallery SHOUTBOX Staff List Calendar Members Login Register  

evolution within leafgreen

Pages: [1]
  Send this topic  |  Print  
Author Topic: evolution within leafgreen  (Read 423 times)
fabrizzo
Eager Eevee

Level: 2

View Profile
Badges: (View All)
« on: July 26, 2012, 04:03:23 am »

I would like to know,before beating the elite four and getting the national pokedex,can a golbat evolve to crobat if it has been tamed enough?nothing in the guide says the evolution cant happen,though i know crobat's page wont appear.

Whether a move is physical or special in here is still determined by pokemon type right?Like ghost and normal will always be physical,water and fire will be special?I'm aware in platinum all types have both physical and special moves among them,hence move stat changes for many of the moves.
Report Spam   Logged

Share on Facebook Share on Twitter

Atomica
The humor is so sharp, so witty, so subtle, in fact, that you'd almost swear there wasn't any at all.
Global Moderator
Devious Dusclops

Level: 38

Pokémon Friend Code:: Black: 1635 3527 0646

Boba Fett sucks

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: July 26, 2012, 11:07:05 am »

Yes in Gen 3 and below, the physical special is definitely decided by type as opposed to Gen 4 and onwards in which each move gets an individual decision.  Gengar definitely enjoyed the change since the previous physical Shadow Ball became special, giving him a stronger STAB.

Now dont quote me on this, but I think it prevents evolutions by things such as Happiness that arent in the Kanto dex until after you get the National Dex.  You could test to see if this is the case and let us know, but I'm not sure it would work.  The only thing I learnt about this was the lack of day/night prevented Eevee becoming Espeon/Umbreon.
Report Spam   Logged

Pull List: Smallville Season #11, The Phantom Stranger, Arrow, Avengers, Doctor Who: Prisoners of Time, Trinity of Sin Pandora, New Avengers, Justice League, Justice League Dark, Justice League of America
Events: Infinity, Forever Evil
REECHEE
Roses are red, Violets are blue. Omae wa mo, shindeiru~
Devious Dusclops

Level: 37

Ore no namae wa REECHEE-chan desu, douzo yoroshiku

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: July 26, 2012, 04:48:17 pm »

Yes in Gen 3 and below, the physical special is definitely decided by type as opposed to Gen 4 and onwards in which each move gets an individual decision.  Gengar definitely enjoyed the change since the previous physical Shadow Ball became special, giving him a stronger STAB.

Now dont quote me on this, but I think it prevents evolutions by things such as Happiness that arent in the Kanto dex until after you get the National Dex.  You could test to see if this is the case and let us know, but I'm not sure it would work.  The only thing I learnt about this was the lack of day/night prevented Eevee becoming Espeon/Umbreon.
I don't get the whole Happiness evolution thing, but apparently they have to be traded at max happiness. :I
Report Spam   Logged

"Two Wrongs Don't Make a Right, but Three Lefts Do".
Don't take too much heed into my words...
          ?
$      _$$_       $
T-+-(O++O)-+-T
*Chandelure is watching you...
"This hand of mine sparkles with a fabulous power; its shining grip tells me to dazzle you! FABULOUS FINGER!"
Richie was born a female, he posts about his transition into manhood and the struggles he goes through. He's a real inspiration Q_Q
Thanks, I needed an Implied "Kick in the Pants".
DAF
Sassy Snivy

Level: 14

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 27, 2012, 08:11:27 am »

Happiness isn't affected by not beating the Elite Four or gaining the National Dex. Just walk around a lot and level it up and it'll hit Max Happiness soon and by leveling it up at close to Max Happiness, it'll evolve. Don't trade Pokemon or their Happiness will reset to their natural Base Happiness.

Daisy (Blue's Sister) will read your Pokemon's current Happiness (after getting the map) and say these phrases:

- 0-49      = I don't like the way it glares at you. Could you try being a little nicer to it?
- 50-89    = It's not quite familiar with you yet.
- 100-149 = It's warming up to you. Trust must be growing between you.
- 150-199 = It's quite friendly with you. Keep being good to it!
- 200-249 = It looks very happy.
- 250+      = It couldn't possibly love you any more than it does now. Your Pokemon is happy beyond words.

Though a Pokemon that hit over 220 Happiness will evolve at anytime upon leveling up. But since you're playing LG this won't work for Eevee unless you do it in R/S/E.
Report Spam   Logged
fabrizzo
Eager Eevee

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 31, 2012, 02:08:16 am »

Happiness isn't affected by not beating the Elite Four or gaining the National Dex. Just walk around a lot and level it up and it'll hit Max Happiness soon and by leveling it up at close to Max Happiness, it'll evolve. Don't trade Pokemon or their Happiness will reset to their natural Base Happiness.

Daisy (Blue's Sister) will read your Pokemon's current Happiness (after getting the map) and say these phrases:

- 0-49      = I don't like the way it glares at you. Could you try being a little nicer to it?
- 50-89    = It's not quite familiar with you yet.
- 100-149 = It's warming up to you. Trust must be growing between you.
- 150-199 = It's quite friendly with you. Keep being good to it!
- 200-249 = It looks very happy.
- 250+      = It couldn't possibly love you any more than it does now. Your Pokemon is happy beyond words.

Though a Pokemon that hit over 220 Happiness will evolve at anytime upon leveling up. But since you're playing LG this won't work for Eevee unless you do it in R/S/E.
http://bulbapedia.bulbagarden.net/wiki/National_Pok%C3%A9dex
i tried the above site,which seemed to say that the nationadex is required to allow evolution of golbat,weird.i ask over here anyway just to be sure,in case the site states wrong
when i approached rival's sister,all she said was the pokemon are like humans can get tired,so they need to take a rest.she said nothing about happiness.hence could it b that im hampered from evolving golbat til after elite four,illogical it may be?

i seem to have difficulty nagivating evionet,internet cant display page often happens
Report Spam   Logged
DAF
Sassy Snivy

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 31, 2012, 02:05:16 pm »

http://bulbapedia.bulbagarden.net/wiki/National_Pok%C3%A9dex
i tried the above site,which seemed to say that the nationadex is required to allow evolution of golbat,weird.i ask over here anyway just to be sure,in case the site states wrong
when i approached rival's sister,all she said was the pokemon are like humans can get tired,so they need to take a rest.she said nothing about happiness.hence could it b that im hampered from evolving golbat til after elite four,illogical it may be?

i seem to have difficulty nagivating evionet,internet cant display page often happens
My apologies then. I really didn't see why they implemented that restriction.

Maybe bookmark the page (evionet's homepage) or visit often.
Report Spam   Logged
fabrizzo
Eager Eevee

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 02, 2012, 09:05:42 am »

are these hold items available in leafgreen before taking on elite four,and where if so?
magnet
spell tag
nevermeltice
the item that boosts psychic moves in general
Report Spam   Logged
Jack Skellington
The Pumpkin King of Halloween is at your service.
Malevolent Murkrow

Level: 25

There are few who deny it, what I do I am the best

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 02, 2012, 10:25:45 am »

are these hold items available in leafgreen before taking on elite four,and where if so?
magnet
spell tag
nevermeltice
the item that boosts psychic moves in general

I think you can find a twisted spoon in Saffron City? I'm not sure.
Report Spam   Logged

Atomica
The humor is so sharp, so witty, so subtle, in fact, that you'd almost swear there wasn't any at all.
Global Moderator
Devious Dusclops

Level: 38

Pokémon Friend Code:: Black: 1635 3527 0646

Boba Fett sucks

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 02, 2012, 10:49:41 am »

Magnet: In LG it has a 5% chance of being held by a wild Magneton
Spell Tag: In LG it has a 5% chance of being held by wild Haunters, Gengars, Misdreavus', Shuppets, Banettes, Duskulls and Dusclops
Nevermeltice: In LG it is found in Icefall Cave which is near Four Island.  Also has 5% chance of being held by wild Dewgong, Piloswine and Glalies.
Twistedspoon: In LG it has a 5% chance of being held by wild Abras, Kadabras and Alakazams

According to my research, these are the only ways to get them in FRLG, so you need to get lucky with wild pokemon if you want some of them, whereas the ice is found not on a pokemon only after the e4.
Report Spam   Logged

Pull List: Smallville Season #11, The Phantom Stranger, Arrow, Avengers, Doctor Who: Prisoners of Time, Trinity of Sin Pandora, New Avengers, Justice League, Justice League Dark, Justice League of America
Events: Infinity, Forever Evil
DAF
Sassy Snivy

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: August 02, 2012, 09:09:30 pm »

Magnet: In LG it has a 5% chance of being held by a wild Magneton
Spell Tag: In LG it has a 5% chance of being held by wild Haunters, Gengars, Misdreavus', Shuppets, Banettes, Duskulls and Dusclops
Nevermeltice: In LG it is found in Icefall Cave which is near Four Island.  Also has 5% chance of being held by wild Dewgong, Piloswine and Glalies.
Twistedspoon: In LG it has a 5% chance of being held by wild Abras, Kadabras and Alakazams

According to my research, these are the only ways to get them in FRLG, so you need to get lucky with wild pokemon if you want some of them, whereas the ice is found not on a pokemon only after the e4.
But can't you find Dewgong in the wild inside Seafoam Island before the E4?
Report Spam   Logged
Pages: [1]
  Send this topic  |  Print  

Jump to: