Pokémon X and Y Fan Community
March 29, 2024, 10:27:19 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Home Help Search Arcade Gallery SHOUTBOX Staff List Calendar Members Login Register  

Comics Thread

Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 13
  Send this topic  |  Print  
Author Topic: Comics Thread  (Read 3245 times)
Atomica
The humor is so sharp, so witty, so subtle, in fact, that you'd almost swear there wasn't any at all.
Global Moderator
Devious Dusclops

Level: 38

Pokémon Friend Code:: Black: 1635 3527 0646

Boba Fett sucks

View Profile
Badges: (View All)
« Reply #75 on: March 08, 2013, 11:53:01 am »

So, I'm gonna try to get into the New 52, which series should I start with?
Shocked awesome!
Start with the high quality praised ones like Aquaman, Animal-Man, Batwoman, Justice League and so forth
Then go to the other good stuff to build up the world so Batgirl, Batman, Wonder Woman, Phantom Stranger, JLA, Swamp Thing and so forth.
Report Spam   Logged

Pull List: Smallville Season #11, The Phantom Stranger, Arrow, Avengers, Doctor Who: Prisoners of Time, Trinity of Sin Pandora, New Avengers, Justice League, Justice League Dark, Justice League of America
Events: Infinity, Forever Evil
klondikebar
Global Moderator
Malevolent Murkrow

Level: 44

View Profile
« Reply #76 on: March 09, 2013, 06:00:52 am »

So, I'm gonna try to get into the New 52, which series should I start with?
Shocked awesome!
Start with the high quality praised ones like Aquaman, Animal-Man, Batwoman, Justice League and so forth
Then go to the other good stuff to build up the world so Batgirl, Batman, Wonder Woman, Phantom Stranger, JLA, Swamp Thing and so forth.

Because Aryeh didn't mention it (for which he is a bad person), try The Flash, as it's one of the comics that's gone through a complete reboot (basically nothing left over from pre-N52 besides the characters).

It's also really well written and the art is beautiful.
Report Spam   Logged
Atomica
The humor is so sharp, so witty, so subtle, in fact, that you'd almost swear there wasn't any at all.
Global Moderator
Devious Dusclops

Boba Fett sucks

View Profile
« Reply #77 on: March 09, 2013, 10:30:37 am »

yeah other good choices for world building are The Flash, Threshold, JL Dark

and for just plain awesomeness then try Earth 2, Supergirl, Green Lantern, GL New Guardians, etc Tongue

btw Spiderman has killed!
http://media.comicvine.com/uploads/11/113563/2913415-superiorspiderman_5_thegroup_018.jpg
http://media.comicvine.com/uploads/13/138254/2913399-superiorspiderman_5_thegroup_016.jpg
Report Spam   Logged

Pull List: Smallville Season #11, The Phantom Stranger, Arrow, Avengers, Doctor Who: Prisoners of Time, Trinity of Sin Pandora, New Avengers, Justice League, Justice League Dark, Justice League of America
Steel
Shellfish Pokémon
Gallant Gligar

Level: 43

カメックス

View Profile
« Reply #78 on: March 09, 2013, 11:23:30 am »

yeah other good choices for world building are The Flash, Threshold, JL Dark

and for just plain awesomeness then try Earth 2, Supergirl, Green Lantern, GL New Guardians, etc Tongue

btw Spiderman has killed!

jebus, resize the images, they are the size of half the page.
Report Spam   Logged

Murican Jakler
Member 49: That Weird Guy in The Corner
Eccentric Elgyem

Level: 22

Muricah.

View Profile
« Reply #79 on: March 09, 2013, 06:06:07 pm »

Thanks for the suggestions guys, I'll check them out! Cheesy
Report Spam   Logged

Steel
Shellfish Pokémon
Gallant Gligar

Level: 43

カメックス

View Profile
« Reply #80 on: March 17, 2013, 09:51:15 pm »

I've been reading the walking dead comics, I'm on issue #24.
I love it, it's amazing.
Report Spam   Logged

Richie625
Hungry Hippopotas

Level: 9

View Profile
« Reply #81 on: March 29, 2013, 11:47:00 pm »

Young Avengers has been my life for many weeks as of now.... I just love them so much! <3
Report Spam   Logged

klondikebar
Global Moderator
Malevolent Murkrow

View Profile
« Reply #82 on: March 30, 2013, 05:50:14 am »

Young Avengers has been my life for many weeks as of now.... I just love them so much! <3

Firstly: OMG REECHEEEE HAI

Secondly: Yeah, it looked good. I think Aryeh's gonna get Young Avengers soon.

I've been reading the Hawkeye series, which is amazingly well written and really funny. I'm still keeping up with flash, and the Grodd storyline just ended, and hopefully soon it'll be going into the reverse flash stories.

Age of Ultron #1 was really good, and from what I can see, this time they're really quite screwed Tongue
Report Spam   Logged
Atomica
Global Moderator
Devious Dusclops

Boba Fett sucks

View Profile
« Reply #83 on: March 30, 2013, 06:46:01 am »

I got Issue 1 digitally during that laggy marvel 700 thing and I liked it, will definitely get the trade when it comes out but in the mean time I did background reading on the characters.  I'm ok if you spoiler me though xD Loki is fun of course (does he keep getting beat up by Miss America? xD ) and seeing Noh-Varr dance shirtless to "be my baby" was funny and I assume he'll eventually get with Kate. Cheesy
Report Spam   Logged

Richie625
Hungry Hippopotas

View Profile
« Reply #84 on: March 30, 2013, 09:36:23 am »

Firstly: OMG REECHEEEE HAI

Secondly: Yeah, it looked good. I think Aryeh's gonna get Young Avengers soon.

I've been reading the Hawkeye series, which is amazingly well written and really funny. I'm still keeping up with flash, and the Grodd storyline just ended, and hopefully soon it'll be going into the reverse flash stories.

Age of Ultron #1 was really good, and from what I can see, this time they're really quite screwed Tongue

Haha hey xD  I've been on break so I'm really bored and thought I'd pop on for a day or two to talk about comics or something lolz..

I actually see a lot of the new Hawkeye series on Tumblr and it does look really funny lolz.. The art is also very interesting but I enjoy it..

I'm actually gonna start collected the Age of Ultron issues soon as well, being that this is the next huge event since Avengers vs. X-Men 2 years ago...

I got Issue 1 digitally during that laggy marvel 700 thing and I liked it, will definitely get the trade when it comes out but in the mean time I did background reading on the characters.  I'm ok if you spoiler me though xD Loki is fun of course (does he keep getting beat up by Miss America? xD ) and seeing Noh-Varr dance shirtless to "be my baby" was funny and I assume he'll eventually get with Kate. Cheesy

Haha Well I havent began reading Series 2 from Marvel NOW... I've been catching up by reading the very first series in 2005, which was absolutely brilliant.. And now reading every single time period they are a part of a big event or what not. The last one I just read was Dark Reign/Siege, which now has me sidetracked to reading the Dark Avengers. xD

I'm gonna read the first series of Dark Avengers just to get the back story of when Obsborn takes over and how that leads to what comes next, and then go back into Young Avengers with their next huge story The Children's Crusade which I'm epicly excited about!! =D

Once I do that, I'm gonna wait till some more issues come out in Marvel NOW to by them online, that's what I normally do cuz I find them on ebay and what not for SOOOOO much cheaper lolz..

I also really enjoy Uncanny Avengers and All New X-Men!! My friend has been buying those so I read them off her xD I may wanna college All New X-Men for myself honestly, or at least one of them..

I also want to begin collecting Superior Spider-man and Deadpool from Marvel NOW, since they all just began so I can collect early =]]

I'm also excited for Thanos Rising coming out sometime in April.. Being that he's in the next couple movies like Guardians of the Galaxy and Avengers 2, it'll be pretty awesome!!
Report Spam   Logged

klondikebar
Global Moderator
Malevolent Murkrow

View Profile
« Reply #85 on: March 30, 2013, 09:40:31 am »

Haha hey xD  I've been on break so I'm really bored and thought I'd pop on for a day or two to talk about comics or something lolz..

I actually see a lot of the new Hawkeye series on Tumblr and it does look really funny lolz.. The art is also very interesting but I enjoy it..

I'm actually gonna start collected the Age of Ultron issues soon as well, being that this is the next huge event since Avengers vs. X-Men 2 years ago...

AvX was only last year, you freaked me out for a moment making me think I'd lost track of the years oO

I also bought Guardians of the Galaxy 0.1 and 1, which I'm gonna read later today. Damn comics are so expensive though, I think I might start just getting TPB's.
Report Spam   Logged
Richie625
Hungry Hippopotas

View Profile
« Reply #86 on: March 30, 2013, 10:07:50 am »

AvX was only last year, you freaked me out for a moment making me think I'd lost track of the years oO

I also bought Guardians of the Galaxy 0.1 and 1, which I'm gonna read later today. Damn comics are so expensive though, I think I might start just getting TPB's.

Haha you are very right.. It feels like it happens such a longer time ago xDDD

What's TPB? And yea, my school has an account on marvel.com where we can read all the comics for free if they are over a year and a half years old usually.. So I cant read Marvel NOW and stuff for free but anything from 2011 earlier I can =]]

Report Spam   Logged

klondikebar
Global Moderator
Malevolent Murkrow

View Profile
« Reply #87 on: March 30, 2013, 10:37:29 am »

Haha you are very right.. It feels like it happens such a longer time ago xDDD

What's TPB? And yea, my school has an account on marvel.com where we can read all the comics for free if they are over a year and a half years old usually.. So I cant read Marvel NOW and stuff for free but anything from 2011 earlier I can =]]

Trade Paperback, where all the issues from either a storyline or event are bundled into a book.

DC's new way of doing it is to make one for every 6 - 8 issues, as well as for each storyline. Marvel just does it for storylines and major events.
Report Spam   Logged
Atomica
Global Moderator
Devious Dusclops

Boba Fett sucks

View Profile
« Reply #88 on: March 30, 2013, 10:48:08 am »

Trade Paperback, where all the issues from either a storyline or event are bundled into a book.

DC's new way of doing it is to make one for every 6 - 8 issues, as well as for each storyline. Marvel just does it for storylines and major events.
with Marvel NOW, they are doing a similar method to DC now but their trades have like only 5 issues and cost more Tongue
Report Spam   Logged

Richie625
Hungry Hippopotas

View Profile
« Reply #89 on: March 30, 2013, 04:56:02 pm »

Ohh ok..

And Yea I was gonna say Marvel has been doing that as a matter of fact... I do  know they did that for Young Avengers, and then ended up putting them together.. it went from 6 issues each, to just putting it into a whole 12 issues plus the annual.. lolz..

Report Spam   Logged

Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 13
  Send this topic  |  Print  

Jump to: