Pokémon X and Y Fan Community
March 28, 2024, 05:50:26 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Home Help Search Arcade Gallery SHOUTBOX Staff List Calendar Members Login Register  

Comics Thread

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 13
  Send this topic  |  Print  
Author Topic: Comics Thread  (Read 3032 times)
Richie625
Hungry Hippopotas

Level: 9

View Profile
Badges: (View All)
« Reply #60 on: January 17, 2013, 02:02:58 am »

I haven't read the comics yet, unfortunately.

But I can say that I've loved all the Marvel movies I've seen up to now. Spiderman, Iron Man 1, 2, Hulk 1, 2, Captain America, Thor, X Men 1, 2, 3, Origin, First Class, Daredevil, and I'm quite sure I've missed a bunch of others.

Kept Avengers separately because that movie is my all-time favourite. I watched it three times in theater within two weeks. It was either action, humor, or both, at any one time. I was laughing so much, and the effects were badass. I could go on forever with that movie. I know not everyone like it, but well I personally fell in love with it.

As for games, I have Marvel Nemesis - Rise of the Imperfects for GameCube. It's not bad, a bit too simple as concept, but the story is nice, as well as the way to choose opponents. And the alternate forms of characters was a nice touch.

I've always read stuff that was in the comic books but never the comics themselves.. I've recently started reading the more recently comic series.. =D

I started with Avengers vs. X-Men which I believe began in 2010, with 12 issues that recently ended a few months ago. It is a pretty significant turning point for both sides and leads to all new series called Uncanny Avengers and All New X-Men, both began recently.. Uncanny Avengers only has 2 issues out so far and All New X-Men released their 6th issue yesterday I believe which I just read today with my friend at a comic store in the city n_n They are both really great =D Being that it's new and modern is also a great way to start from the beginning of a new era..

Spiderman recently ended for those who didnt know, with Amazing Spiderman issue 700.. I don't wanna spoil stuff but now there is Miles Morales who is the new spiderman.. He's the second spiderman in the marvel world and his series is called Ultimate Spiderman.. His suit is black and red, and I havent gotten to read it yet.. But I know it has only about 20 or so issues, I think less, so it is fairly new =D It's sorta confusing but it does make sense if you look into it, again I didnt read the ending of Amazing Spiderman with the beginning of this one, so I know what I know from articles and what not.. =] Just so you know I think the first issue came out sometime in 2011 I looked it up real quick..

I know there is a miniseries of 5 issues I believe called Spider-men, where both spidermen meet through alternate dimensions and what not, because that is very popular in the spiderman world.. It's short crossover but gives a lot of insight =]

And recently I believe it came out yesterday is a brand new series called Superior Spiderman.. I looked into it briefly and it's pretty confusing.. xDD I just really wanna get into it because the spiderman story is one of my favorites in the marvel universe... So much goes on, and to think this is only the very recent stuff, let alone the other stuff that goes down the past 50 or so years.... xD

Most marvel movies before Avenger related movies were so off to the comics, unfortunately.. That's basically all the X-Men movies and the older Spiderman movies... xP It is really amazing how they recreated the Marvel Universe with movies, to make them more like the comics and bring the Marvel Universe together!! =DD

Starting with Iron Man, then there was Hulk, then Thor, Captain America, all leading to the Avengers!! If you watch them in order it makes good sense, as well as the secret endings(which marvel movies are now known for) that gave you hints to upcoming movies and plots! Avengers was truly a beautiful movie, that has so much potential..

I love how they recreated the Spiderman series to be so much more like the comic books. I also believe they remade it in order to eventually have Spiderman join forces with the Avengers.. I assume Avengers 3 will have Peter Parker in there, after he handles himself more in his own sequel lmao..

Now let us get in to all the movies that the Marvel Universe is coming out with!!! It's outstanding!

Iron Man 3, Thor 2, Captain America 2, The Wolverine, Spiderman 2, X-Men First Class 2, X-men First Class 3, Guardians of the Galaxy, Fantastic Four Reboot, Avengers 2, and Ant Man...

Note that all of these besides the 3rd X-Men First Class movie are all scheduled to be released between 2013 to 2015... I have so much to say omg xD

Let's start with I'm very happy they are making a movie about Ant-Man, one of the original Avengers that no one remembers xD It's so great that they are highlighting even characters like him now! To add to that, they are making a Guardians of the Galaxy movie!! They're like the Avengers of space xD You see in the avengers movie how they mention that there are more then earthly creatures out there(Thor being the first to show up)...
The Wolverine goes into his past life in Japan I think I read, which is great cuz that's a big part of his life! and ofcourse doing that will do wonders for a new X-Men in my opinion.. Although with the known fact that First Class having a trilogy upsets me, only because they arent the first class.. First Class in my opinion and will always be Cyclops, Jean Grey, Iceman, Beast and Angel... I mean Havok?!! I love him but isn't he Cyclops little brother?!?! And ugh it just doesnt correlate, specially with the other X-men series at all!! Anywayz.. New topic for a different discussion haha xP With the sequels for Iron Man, Thor and Captain America, I think they are great but kind of funny how they already been with the avengers so they can just call them up be like "yo back me up here" xDDD But I know Iron Man 3 is about Extremis I believe which is awesome! =D And a Fantastic Four Reboot.. I only just found this out while typing to to make sure I got all the movies down.. I was JUST talking about this with my best friend today while in the city.. I'm SO excited, it's so great they are making a reboot and will add on to the Avengers =DDD Then hopefully by the 3rd Avengers they ALL comes together for the biggest f**king movie EVER!

But yea Avengers movie was brilliant.. Funny, suspenseful, action packed, great plot and wonderful secret ending!!!!! =D

With video games.. I love the Ultimate Alliance games! =] Both 1 and 2.. I know Number 2 deals with the Marvel Civil War which is VERY significance and important for most of modern marvel comics.. And the two Spiderman games Edge of Time and Shattered Dimensions were awesome =] As well as the new Amazing Spiderman.. It was like a mini sequel for the movie and it was great, and the agility of spiderman was truthfully awesome in my opinions..

OMG and a Deadpool game is coming out!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Deadpool is my FAVORITE character!! =DDDDD

Ok....... I'm so sorry this is so long and jumbbled... This would be better in person.. maybe not.. XD haha if you read this far than congratulation and hope to continue the conversation!

Tl;dr- MARVEL F**KING ROCKS!!
Report Spam   Logged

Atomica
The humor is so sharp, so witty, so subtle, in fact, that you'd almost swear there wasn't any at all.
Global Moderator
Devious Dusclops

Level: 38

Pokémon Friend Code:: Black: 1635 3527 0646

Boba Fett sucks

View Profile
« Reply #61 on: January 17, 2013, 08:46:09 am »

merged threads since we have one

and wow Richie I didn't know you like comics Tongue I like comics too, I'm mostly a DC guy but I've started to get into the Marvel NOW stuff with Avengers and Captain Marvel and I'll be getting some graphic novels of some other ones soon like Uncanny Avengers.

also Ultimate Spiderman/Miles Morales is a different universe to the regular spiderman and is not the one who replaced Peter in amazing 700, the new spiderman in the main universe is the Superior Spiderman, who is Doc Ock in Peter's body.

also since Fox own the Fantastic Four movies, it likely wont be crossing over with the Avengers.
Report Spam   Logged

Pull List: Smallville Season #11, The Phantom Stranger, Arrow, Avengers, Doctor Who: Prisoners of Time, Trinity of Sin Pandora, New Avengers, Justice League, Justice League Dark, Justice League of America
Events: Infinity, Forever Evil
klondikebar
Global Moderator
Malevolent Murkrow

Level: 44

View Profile
« Reply #62 on: January 17, 2013, 09:53:23 am »

@Richie625

I own all of the AvX comics, they were painful to read. The ending was pulled out of one of the writers asses, they could very easily have just done that in the beginning.
Report Spam   Logged
Atomica
The humor is so sharp, so witty, so subtle, in fact, that you'd almost swear there wasn't any at all.
Global Moderator
Devious Dusclops

Boba Fett sucks

View Profile
« Reply #63 on: January 17, 2013, 10:05:20 am »

@Richie625

I own all of the AvX comics, they were painful to read. The ending was pulled out of one of the writers asses, they could very easily have just done that in the beginning.
Hopefully Age of Ultron will be better, I'm looking forward to it because Ultron is awesome
Report Spam   Logged

Pull List: Smallville Season #11, The Phantom Stranger, Arrow, Avengers, Doctor Who: Prisoners of Time, Trinity of Sin Pandora, New Avengers, Justice League, Justice League Dark, Justice League of America
Richie625
Hungry Hippopotas

View Profile
« Reply #64 on: January 17, 2013, 02:33:41 pm »

merged threads since we have one

and wow Richie I didn't know you like comics Tongue I like comics too, I'm mostly a DC guy but I've started to get into the Marvel NOW stuff with Avengers and Captain Marvel and I'll be getting some graphic novels of some other ones soon like Uncanny Avengers.

also Ultimate Spiderman/Miles Morales is a different universe to the regular spiderman and is not the one who replaced Peter in amazing 700, the new spiderman in the main universe is the Superior Spiderman, who is Doc Ock in Peter's body.

also since Fox own the Fantastic Four movies, it likely wont be crossing over with the Avengers.

I am a huge fan.. I'm not too big of a fan for DC, except for Batman.. I love the psychological aspects of each character and the darkness to it...

And for the SPiderman stuff I knew that already, I didnt mean to word it that I didnt know, just that if you were completely new to it it may be confusing.. xP And I knew that about Superior Spiderman and Peter Parkers death, just didnt wanna say it for those who actually were interested in reading and finding out themselves..

And yea Miles in a part of the Ultimate Marvel Universe, but he does meet Peter Parker and starts near the death of Peter, which is what I meant haha... I wrote a lot really fast xDDDD

It;s possible what your saying about Fantastic 4, but you never know.. Idno I'm not gonna just say it wont, but if it doesn't I'm not really gonna be devastated xD Now Spiderman is with a different Production Studio as well, so I hope it doesn't happen to Spiderman, cuz you NEED spiderman in the Avengers D=

@Richie625

I read all the AvX comics as well! I personally liked it a lot!! I mean they did that in order to create Uncanny Avengers and All New X-Men, in my opinion.. I really enjoyed it n_n
Report Spam   Logged

Richie625
Hungry Hippopotas

View Profile
« Reply #65 on: January 17, 2013, 02:34:57 pm »

Also, comic series I MUST read!!! All in Marvel of course..

-Civil Wars
-Fear Itself
-Deadpool kills Marvel Universe
-Deapool (General Comic)

I had more gonna find them again lmao..
Report Spam   Logged

Atomica
Global Moderator
Devious Dusclops

Boba Fett sucks

View Profile
« Reply #66 on: January 17, 2013, 03:13:42 pm »

Sony's Spiderman could work in the Avengers and they have had "discussions".  However Fox wanted to create their own seperate universe for F4 and X-men so it seems less likely, especially with not as tight continuity.

and yeah I agree about the AvX thing.  It wasn't heralded as the best (though it did make me like Scarlet Witch) but that alone doesnt matter because it opened up the next step in Uncanny Avengers, All New X-Men, Uncanny X-Men, etc (plus Sunspot and Cannonball in the main Avengers title).  I like that the gap between Avengers and X-men has been blurred, there is less isolation and more possibilities in a greater Marvel U.  I am confident in Marvel NOW (except I want Peter back xD).  I'm subbed to Avengers, for others I'm waiting for the books.  Though if Fearless Defenders ends up good, I might sub but I'd get the trade anyway if I didn't sub.

Trades I'll probably get for volume 1s when they come out: (I have Captain Marvel vol 1 already, that was good, Carol is probs one of favourite characters in Marvel)
- Uncanny Avengers
- All New X-Men (finally X-Men looks interesting xD )
- Young Avengers
- Thunderbolts

I prefer Marvel's team books to their solo books, most people see their strengths is in the teams.  DC can pull of solos easier but I'm still a bigger fan of team books.

Did anyone read the Civil War Prose Novel adaptation, I did and it was awesome.
Report Spam   Logged

Richie625
Hungry Hippopotas

View Profile
« Reply #67 on: January 17, 2013, 03:26:01 pm »

Sony's Spiderman could work in the Avengers and they have had "discussions".  However Fox wanted to create their own seperate universe for F4 and X-men so it seems less likely, especially with not as tight continuity.

and yeah I agree about the AvX thing.  It wasn't heralded as the best (though it did make me like Scarlet Witch) but that alone doesnt matter because it opened up the next step in Uncanny Avengers, All New X-Men, Uncanny X-Men, etc (plus Sunspot and Cannonball in the main Avengers title).  I like that the gap between Avengers and X-men has been blurred, there is less isolation and more possibilities in a greater Marvel U.  I am confident in Marvel NOW (except I want Peter back xD).  I'm subbed to Avengers, for others I'm waiting for the books.  Though if Fearless Defenders ends up good, I might sub but I'd get the trade anyway if I didn't sub.

Trades I'll probably get for volume 1s when they come out: (I have Captain Marvel vol 1 already, that was good, Carol is probs one of favourite characters in Marvel)
- Uncanny Avengers
- All New X-Men (finally X-Men looks interesting xD )
- Young Avengers
- Thunderbolts

I prefer Marvel's team books to their solo books, most people see their strengths is in the teams.  DC can pull of solos easier but I'm still a bigger fan of team books.

Did anyone read the Civil War Prose Novel adaptation, I did and it was awesome.

Yes!! Marvel NoW is great.. n_n I'm all catched up and everything, and I truly love it =D  I still really liked AvX xDD And then BABY AvX!!!!!!! OMG that was the best issue ever! =DDD

Since we're speaking of Marvel NoW, I dont read the A+X series and I haven't gotten to yet but I plan to for Young Avengers..

And then the new Nova comes out next month! I'm so excited!! =] Nova is one of my favorite characters, but it will be a completely new character so I'm excited because now I can start reading from the beginning n_n
Report Spam   Logged

Magoo
Princess
Gargantuan Gabite

Level: 34

Wayward Son

View Profile WWW
« Reply #68 on: January 17, 2013, 10:16:44 pm »

I want my Spidey in Avengers. On teh big screen.
Report Spam   Logged

In the distance, that day, when the star became music.
Atomica
Global Moderator
Devious Dusclops

Boba Fett sucks

View Profile
« Reply #69 on: January 18, 2013, 05:49:40 am »

I want my Spidey in Avengers. On teh big screen.
that would be great considering there is no continuity errors and Sony would see a lot of money by being involved.  Surely they'd want to jump into the moneypool of Avengers.
Report Spam   Logged

Magoo
Princess
Gargantuan Gabite

Wayward Son

View Profile WWW
« Reply #70 on: January 18, 2013, 10:36:11 am »

that would be great considering there is no continuity errors and Sony would see a lot of money by being involved.  Surely they'd want to jump into the moneypool of Avengers.

We wan Deadpool too bu Fox already sodomized it.
Report Spam   Logged

Atomica
Global Moderator
Devious Dusclops

Boba Fett sucks

View Profile
« Reply #71 on: January 18, 2013, 10:39:49 am »

We wan Deadpool too bu Fox already sodomized it.
They took away the Merc with a Mouth's mouth
just...

Report Spam   Logged

Magoo
Princess
Gargantuan Gabite

Wayward Son

View Profile WWW
« Reply #72 on: January 18, 2013, 08:20:49 pm »

They took away the Merc with a Mouth's mouth
just...

No comment.
Report Spam   Logged

Atomica
Global Moderator
Devious Dusclops

Boba Fett sucks

View Profile
« Reply #73 on: March 06, 2013, 05:25:28 pm »

so exciting!!
Report Spam   Logged

Murican Jakler
Member 49: That Weird Guy in The Corner
Eccentric Elgyem

Level: 22

Muricah.

View Profile
« Reply #74 on: March 08, 2013, 09:45:14 am »

So, I'm gonna try to get into the New 52, which series should I start with?
Report Spam   Logged

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 13
  Send this topic  |  Print  

Jump to: