Pokémon X and Y Fan Community
April 19, 2024, 05:13:28 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Home Help Search Arcade Gallery SHOUTBOX Staff List Calendar Members Login Register  

Thundurus, Tornadus, and Landorus New Base Stats Revealed

Pages: [1]
  Send this topic  |  Print  
Author Topic: Thundurus, Tornadus, and Landorus New Base Stats Revealed  (Read 222 times)
Jcbklyn707
Administrator
Energetic Electabuzz

Level: 36

Pokémon Friend Code:: 3955 0204 5283

View Profile
Badges: (View All)
« on: June 22, 2012, 12:20:42 pm »

Base stats in order: HP, Atk, Def, Spe, SpA, SpDef
Tornadus (79/100/80/121/110/90),
Thundurus (79/105/70/101/145/80),
Landorus (89/145/90/91/105/80),

Tornadus' bulk isn't that impressive, I figured at least one or both of its defenses would be over 100, but 79/80/90 is just average. Tornadus is going to have to run Substitute + Roost if it can hope to take down a sweeper, and run enough speed to outpace Starmie in OU, which is I believe the fastest unboosted threat it can stall out. So my guess is max HP, enough speed to reach 362, and the rest in bulk. He's going to have to pump up that defense stat a bit.

Thundurus, 101 Spe is still not bad, but now he loses to a lot of threats especially in OU. He however has the same speed benchmark as Normal Landorus, so Choice Scarf sets can become popular with Volt Switch. He packs a lot more raw power, which makes Nasty Plot sets deadly if left unchecked, I wonder if even Blissey can stand up to him (after all she can't Thunder Wave him due to Volt Absorb).

Landorus, I like the spread, with Intimidate and 89/90/80 defenses he packs a lot of initial physical bulk, along with excellent typing to make a Bulk Up set extremely viable. He still packs a decent amount of speed, outpacing Lucario which is important. The loss of Sand Force is also negated with that nice base attack stat.
Report Spam   Logged

Share on Facebook Share on Twitter

Jcbklyn707
Administrator
Energetic Electabuzz

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: June 22, 2012, 01:12:31 pm »

I will feel extremely sad for Zapdos if Thundurus gets Heat Wave, not only would they have the same moves (Thundurus does get Focus Blast too for Ttar), but Thundurus is faster and more powerful, I hope it doesn't get it just to leave Zapdos with that niche. Lightningrod will be Zapdos' preferred ability once released since it can now be tutored Heat Wave again, at least it gives Thundurus a little competition there in abilities (and Zapdos has decent bulk).
Report Spam   Logged

Atomica
The humor is so sharp, so witty, so subtle, in fact, that you'd almost swear there wasn't any at all.
Global Moderator
Devious Dusclops

Level: 38

Pokémon Friend Code:: Black: 1635 3527 0646

Boba Fett sucks

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 22, 2012, 01:43:36 pm »

Landorus loses speed and special attack for 20 more attack points. The extra attack is almost irrelevant since Sand Force pushes Incarnate forme beyond Therian forme's attacking power for its two most important moves. Intimidate is a great ability but the stuff it can actually switch into would switch out regardless. I guess it makes it a surefire check for Terrakion and Lucario, but Gliscor does the same thing and it's (likely) getting Stealth Rock and Roost back.
Report Spam   Logged

Pull List: Smallville Season #11, The Phantom Stranger, Arrow, Avengers, Doctor Who: Prisoners of Time, Trinity of Sin Pandora, New Avengers, Justice League, Justice League Dark, Justice League of America
Events: Infinity, Forever Evil
Jcbklyn707
Administrator
Energetic Electabuzz

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 22, 2012, 04:29:56 pm »

Normal Landorus gets a free Life Orb boost (but only while Sand is up), 145 attack without sand and the ability to run banded sets, and guaranteed Bulk Ups thanks to Intimidate is still a pretty potent threat.

I also read that Beast form is able to cleanly 2hko all variants of Ferrothorn (banded and +1 variant), that's something standard Landorus couldn't guarantee inless sand is up and is banded (and we all know ferro is commonly ran along Politoed to mess with sand)
Report Spam   Logged

REECHEE
Roses are red, Violets are blue. Omae wa mo, shindeiru~
Devious Dusclops

Level: 37

Ore no namae wa REECHEE-chan desu, douzo yoroshiku

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: June 22, 2012, 06:33:47 pm »

I was expecting Tornadus' defense to be more of 95/100/100, or at least 75/100/100. Not 79/80/90... Dewgong man... That's just... no.
Report Spam   Logged

"Two Wrongs Don't Make a Right, but Three Lefts Do".
Don't take too much heed into my words...
          ?
$      _$$_       $
T-+-(O++O)-+-T
*Chandelure is watching you...
"This hand of mine sparkles with a fabulous power; its shining grip tells me to dazzle you! FABULOUS FINGER!"
Richie was born a female, he posts about his transition into manhood and the struggles he goes through. He's a real inspiration Q_Q
Thanks, I needed an Implied "Kick in the Pants".
Jcbklyn707
Administrator
Energetic Electabuzz

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 22, 2012, 06:49:40 pm »

I was expecting Tornadus' defense to be more of 95/100/100, or at least 75/100/100. Not 79/80/90... Dewgong man... That's just... no.

I would have settled with much lower offenses than be stuck with average defenses. When they said he focuses on defenses, special defense, and speed, I did not picture just pumping them up by 10 each only...that's disappointing.

If they would have swapped the offesnes and defenses, he would have looked a lot nicer:
79/80/100/90/110/121
Report Spam   Logged

REECHEE
Devious Dusclops

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6 on: June 22, 2012, 07:03:59 pm »

I would have settled with much lower offenses than be stuck with average defenses. When they said he focuses on defenses, special defense, and speed, I did not picture just pumping them up by 10 each only...that's disappointing.

If they would have swapped the offesnes and defenses, he would have looked a lot nicer:
79/80/100/90/110/121
Is that going by Hp/At/Df/Sa/Sd/Sp? Or Hp/At/Df/Sp/Sa/Sd?
If the first, I agree completely, he can settle with lowered offense if he had more defense.
Report Spam   Logged

?
$      _$$_       $
T-+-(O++O)-+-T
"This hand of mine sparkles with a fabulous power; its shining grip tells me to dazzle you! FABULOUS FINGER!"
Richie was born a female, he posts about his transition into manhood and the struggles he goes through. He's a real inspiration Q_Q
Jcbklyn707
Administrator
Energetic Electabuzz

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 22, 2012, 08:37:13 pm »

Is that going by Hp/At/Df/Sa/Sd/Sp? Or Hp/At/Df/Sp/Sa/Sd?
If the first, I agree completely, he can settle with lowered offense if he had more defense.

1st, so yea completely agree.

Video of the 3 beasts plus kyurem formes

Report Spam   Logged

REECHEE
Devious Dusclops

View Profile WWW
« Reply #8 on: June 22, 2012, 08:42:48 pm »

1st, so yea completely agree.

Video of the 3 beasts plus kyurem formes

httpx://www.youtube.com/watch?v=apHftp3MB-M
482... So freaking strong, I want to see a Kyurom/ram fight an Arceus, it'd be amazing.
Not very surprised at Keldeo though, looks like his horn just got blue and a serious mug. ._.
Landorus and Thundurus are also amazing~!
Report Spam   Logged

?
$      _$$_       $
T-+-(O++O)-+-T
Pages: [1]
  Send this topic  |  Print  

Jump to: